Moore On The Move / Damages to goods, property and stolen items!

United States Review updated:
Moore on the Move moved my belongings on 10-28-06. Their personnel broke a double headboard mirror and promised to replace. They also stole an Ipod and Razr cell phone from the house and boxes moved. I complained numerous times to Tim and Terri Moore (well documented). Terri refused to hear my complaint about stolen goods. After three months of runaround, finally delivering the glass mirrors (that would not fit), they refused to make send out someone to fit the glass and refused to return my calls. I asked for a claim form to make an insurance claim for damaged and stolen goods and was refused. One night when I threatened to take my complaint to BBB, Terri said "we have no legal obligation to correct your problem or take your claim" and "that she would easily have any claim I made to BBB dismissed". The movers also got the truck stuck in my yard and left huge holes that were not filled. I have pictures of all of these infractions. The BBB was the only place that I could obtain their address (now not listed). They do not include their address on their web site or contracts. Contracts are poorly drafted and written to protect only the moving company. My next step is to send a certified letter and possibly file a complaint in small claims court for damages in excess of $500.00.

I am seeking refund of the charges paid of $506.50 to cover damages to goods, property and stolen items.

N  7th of Aug, 2009 by
These folks unpacked our truck when we moved to Charlotte five years ago. Terry didn't put the right directions on the form for the drivers and when they didn't arrive at my house I called her to see what was up. She started yellling at me about how they've been trying to reach me and she was all upset that they couldn't. Well, sorry, but I had just moved here and I had T-Mobile which wasn't in the area at the time so my phone wasn't getting good reception. When the men arrived, I asked them what the deal was. That's when they informed me that SHE didn't write the proper directions and that's what made them late. I am moving again (locally) and was going to use them again in spite of this because the men at the time did good work. Well not now I'm not!! Not after reading this complaint! Thank you to whoever wrote it. I was told that Two Men and a Truck from Rock Hill, SC provide great service. I'll call them instead!