Mookie's Gifts/D & S Giftware/Doormat / Item NEVER Received, No Communication

1 503 Nifong #157Columbia, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 573-814-1760

On 6/28/08, I ordered a doormat from Mookie's Gifts (www.mookiegifts.com). On 6/28/08, I also received an automated confirmation of my order. On 7/11/08, I e-mailed "Dan" to ask about my order because I had not been notified that it had shipped yet. He answered my e-mail and said, "Your order has shipped via Priority Mail, which has a 2 to 7 day window, and should arrive very soon. If you do not receive this within a reasonable time period, please let us know and we'll follow up for you." Little did I know, that this was just a stall tactic. There has been no further communication. They don't answer my e-mails and their phone either rings and rings or if the answering machine picks up, no one returns the call. No real big surprise, but my credit card was charged on 6/29/08 and I have never received the doormat either. Along with reporting them to the credit card company, I have also reported them to the Better Business Bureau and the U.S. Attorney's office. One day, he will try to scam the wrong person and receive the proper punishment, but in the meantime, please don't be as stupid as I was. Please DO NOT order from Mookie's Gifts or D & S Giftware. These people are trying to make a living by scamming people. How very sad!!

Comments

• Ka
      25th of Aug, 2008

I'm the same trouble with you, only if i 'm in Bangkok, Thailand.

I've place order for many items for my kids on 8/9/08 with http://www.peanutgallerygifts.com/ & receive confirm that my order has placed that day. I emailed DAN re:shipping cost as it didn't show on the shopping cart - No Answer. So i wait & check back to my order status page on 8/18/08, the shipping cost show up. I also checked with my bank for the charged. The person said there are 3 charges from D & S GIFTWARE but only 1 charge is collecting money. I was worry that they gonna collect money from another 2 charge. I've email DAN few times but no reply at all. Till doday i've no idea if my order has beein ship or not. I'm going to wait another 15 days & will ask my bank to dispute my money/ Shouldn' t YAHOO shopping check there merchant or at least has us complain to them?

Any idea for help?

26th of Aug, 2008

I placed an order for cocktail napkins on 8/6/08 ffrom Mookies gifts for a party I'm having on 9/6/08. I have e-mailed "Dan" and left messages on the company's answering machine since I have not received the napkins and there has been no communication with them. I wish I had seen the many complaints surrounding this company before I ordered the napkins. I have never had trouble with an online company before. We haven't been charged for the napkins yet but I will check the credit card statement daily. I am so frustrated. It sounds like some people actually get received their ordered merchandise but others don't. I wonder if they are completly out of business now.

• Lo
      9th of Sep, 2008

I placed my order to Mookies Gifts on 6/27/2008 and still have not received it. As fas as I know, I have not been charged. But it is not very good business to do this,

24th of Nov, 2008

Well, I am glad I am not alone, although I hate it for everyone, b/c I placed an order November 3, 2008, and all the above sounds fimilar...still waiting on my overnite duffel that I was gonna get for my nephew for part of his 1st Christmas!!! How can these people do this and get away with it, lukily I will be only out 25.00 bucks but do these people not have a conscious??