Montigo Batam Nongsa / Overall service and villa conditions very poor

1 Batam nongsa, Indonesia

Hi,

There are some things i would like to highlight.

We are very unhappy with the service provided, cleanliness of the villa which affected us in various ways.

1. For both days, we had request for things like ice, tissue, fork and spoon. to my surprise not all things requested delivered. on the day of check out we requested for ice and some cooking oil at 1pm, the person told us that the items will arrive in about 30minutes, by 5pm those things did not came.
2. We caught a few adult cockroach and lizards running around the villa living room and pool area.
3. Breakfast was horrible.
4. I stepped on 3 fallen swimming pool blue floor tiles.
5. Swimming pool water was dirty.
6. Wii console controller was not working, mario kart game was not working.
7. Living room sink smells extremely bad even before we use.
8. There were even mushroom growing on the windows of the master bedroom.
9. the price for villa was wrong, agoda booking was $783.06 but was asked $820++.

this is our 3rd time to montigo batam, and to my impression/memory, montigo had the best service and quality of villain the entire Indonesia. cleanliness and promise was delivered the last 2 times. This time round was different, the villa was not maintain, things are falling apart, service standard and cleanliness has drop tremendously, we were in SHOCK to see the villa in such state and the extremely poor service standards!!

This trip was for my after proposal and birthday stay for my fiance. it turn out that we were so upset that things had turned sour and we quarrelled the night before checkout because of the lack of service as promised. To be fair, the only good thing was upon checked-in, the reception lady Ms Vivi was great, she welcomed us with a great smile, brief us and answered all our queries. she even called me personally on the day of check out upon hearing our complaints. but things did not change even after we complaint. overall its horrible and we did not enjoy the stay at all and all we could think of was to leave as soon as possible. we are not asking much, just basic cleanliness and service to be provided when promised over the phone. from what i see Vivi was the only one who did as promised. Im extremely devastated and upset this time round as it is my 1 and only after proposal stay.
😭