Montery Bay Clothing (MonteryBayClothing.com) / Poor clothing quality, no shipping refund

Women's catalog clothing company Monterey Bay does not refund shipping on any items, even if they are defective. The quality of their clothing is poor. I bought three items and two of them were defective. I tried to exchange them, but they didn't have any more in stock. I asked for a refund on the items and also on the shipping. I got a 1 cent refund on the shipping! I ended up paying $13.99 shipping on the one item I kept which cost $19.99!

Comments

• Li
      13th of May, 2009

This company's clothing is crap. I purchased a summer cotton dress on sale for $39. I could have purchased a better looking dress at a thrift store. Plus, they have zero customer service. I tried 3 times to call during business hours and each time was on hold for over 20 minutes. No one ever did answer my calls. Then I tried to send an e-mail which was also never answered. Just go directly to Coldwater Creek. Their clothing is of the highest quality, they have fantastic sales, you can usually go on line to get a coupon for free shipping, they don't charge you to return merchandise, and if you want, you can take any article back to their local stores. But unless you order the wrong size, I guarantee you will keep everything you purchase. I've ordered from them at least 30 times and only had to take back 1 pair of slacks because they did not fit. Their customer service is 24-7 and a friendly voice always answers. Stores like Monterey Bay should be put out of business and I hope this e-mail will speed up that process.

• Ap
      2nd of Oct, 2009
    Monterey Bay Clothing - Can't get promised refund

Monterey Bay Clothing advertises "no questions asked refunds", but just try to get it! My returned package was received at their warehouse over 3 1/2 weeks ago. After 3 phone calls and an e-mail, they acknowldge receiving the package and promised the refund, over and over. I have not received it yet. Will turn them in to whatever agency I can and never do business with them again.