Monrovia Designs / Scam and cheating!

Phone: 703-348-7199

I have recently had two unauthorized charges to two separate accounts. One was from my debit card and one was from my credit. Both cards were issued by the same bank. I called the phone number [protected]) and got a voice mail. I then emailed their 'support' division as instructed on the voice mail and got no reply. I have contacted my bank and disputed the charges, and have also emailed Monrovia Designs again, which I am sure will yield very little results.

Obviously, I'm not the only consumer being ripped-off here. Just how safe are we and just how 'secure' is the Internet with our information? What troubles me is that it involved two different accounts from the same bank. Time to change banks? Report the cards as stolen and start over? Any suggestions?

If enough of us complain and threaten to bring action, maybe we can at least stem the tide of this fraudulent practice.

Va

Comments

• Va
      4th of Feb, 2008
    Virginia
    Phone: 703-348-7199

I had a charge on my credit card I did not make, have no idea how they got my credit card number, I did not visit any website with this name.

Beware people!

• Ti
      4th of Feb, 2008

I too had a charge show up through my debit card account. Disputed with bank, contacted Monrovia designs customer support stating I would be filing complaints and pressing charges with all. They sent email back saying the would remove the charge. Also gave me email address and I.P address from where charge occurred. Still don't know how they got my info.

• Va
      7th of Feb, 2008
    5420 N Morgan St. #201
    Alexandria
    Virginia
    Phone: 717-828-7353
    www.Monroviadesigns.com

I received a charge on my credit card: 02/05/08 02/05 MONROVIA DESIGNS 703-3487199 VA $11.89. It's fraudulent. I've never ordered from or heard of this company. I've called the number and left a message, sent an email to support@monroviadesigns.com, and contacted my credit card company.

Next I'll contact my state attorney general, the better business bureau, and the FBI.

• Ka
      8th of Feb, 2008

I too just received a charge from Monrovia Designs 2/04. I'm very upset about this because for one i've never heard of this Company and number 2 how did they access my account without my permission? I will be disputing this with my bank and taking further action to take care of companys like this.

10th of Feb, 2008

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. dO NOT KNOW HOW THEY GOT MY CARD NUMBER. I EVEN DISPUTED IT WITH THE BANK. BUT I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM. COULD NOT GET AHOLD OF THE COMPANY, BUT GOT MY MONEY BACK.

• Yo
    9423 Residencia
    Newport Beach
    California
    Phone: 949-784-9453

No knowledge of the transaction with Monrovia Designs in the amount of $11.89 was charged to my credit card on Jan. 18, 2008. Beware people!

• Dr
      12th of Feb, 2008

Yep same here total scam they got my cc number and charged 12.79. They are a web designer according to there web site. What web designer only charges $12 for a service. someone needs to do something I have found about 30 or so web hits regarding this same problem.

12th of Feb, 2008

same amount and same day for me too.

13th of Feb, 2008

I got hit on Feb 10th also. I just called them and heard the same voice mail.

• Gr
      16th of Feb, 2008

Same amount charged to my checking account, but different day - Feb. 14, 2008. This scam is still going on, so everyone beware!!!

21st of Feb, 2008

illegal charge to my Citi Mastercard ending in 6223. Charge for $11.89 which I never charged/

• Ry
      28th of Feb, 2008

I had the same charge on my credit card on 2/3/08. For 11.89 from this company. Hopefully some lawyer will initiate a class action against them.

• St
      2nd of Mar, 2008

I also got hit. 2/24/08. Contacted Card Company and disputed charges, and called the same number as above, same message. As I just attempted these actions today, 3/2/08, I have to wait to see what if any response I get.

• Ti
      4th of Mar, 2008

Was checking my accounts this morning and found this charge [11.98] on my credit card. Called my credit card customer service dept and they closed my account and re-issued me a new card. I'm still upset as to how they got my information.

• De
      4th of Mar, 2008

I was also hit, 11.89 on 2/27/08. I have reported to my bank, and they are taking care of it from here. However, I am also concerned as to how they got my information?

• Ta
      4th of Mar, 2008

I was also hit 02/08 on my cc for $11.49... same story, cc co cancelled my account and will investigate... I have never heard of these people and I am wondering how they got my info, I do alot of online ordering and that is my guess, but it is very scary.

7th of Mar, 2008

I also received a fraudulent charge of $11.89 on my master card. I have reported this fraud to Citibank and have posted and left VM for Monrovia Designs Alexandria.
    Please remove this charge from my account.

• To
      7th of Mar, 2008

I got my charge on 02/29/08 for $11.89....how can they do this??

• Na
      7th of Mar, 2008

I have a charge on my Capital One credit card in the amount of $11.89 I did not make. Beware people!

• Ku
      11th of Mar, 2008

I got hit as well. $11.89. I was reimbursed by my bank, but was charged for a new card.
    I just saw this article on cnn.com Different company name, but same thing going on.