monoc ambulance / over charging

1 NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908-206-0747

I recently had to use 911 services for palpitations, unfortunately they sent Monoc ambulance. the paramedic was rude and very innapropiate. Unfortunaly for him I am an RN who happens to work in an emergency room. He proceded to do an ekg on me and said you are fine, not having a heart attack, just a panic attack. that was the only thing Monoc did for me and now receiving a $2305.00 bill. I was not even brought to the hospital by them, instead taken by a local volunteer squad. At the hospital my hemoglobin was 6. the reason for having palpitations, not a panic attack as he diagnosed me with. The worse service I ever received. At the most, electrodes for an ekg are only a couple of bucks, and an ekg will probably run a couple of hundred dollars when done at the hospital. I guess I am being charged this ridiculous amount to be wrongly diagnosed. As far as I know medics do not diagnose, only MDs.

An

Comments

Ro
  20th of May, 2009

Gotto Love their MOTO
WORKING TO REDUCE MEMBERS COST and IMPROVE HEALTHCARE!

TIM ROBINS and his monopoly and careless emts can will get their dues.

Ta
  14th of Aug, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

What ever happened to the charges?

same thing is happening to me

19th of Jan, 2016
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

SAme exact thing happen to me. I think we should start a lawsuit for false advertising. I was having a panic attack and my ambulance was intercepted one mile from the Hospital. My husband saw the MONOC crew drinking coffee outside of a convienence store. They intercepted the ambulance, my family was waiting at the ER (where is she they were thinking). Hit me with a 2200 dollar bill got paid $1800 and now saying that is not good enough. Getting collection calls from GEM recovery (run out of a store front)...relentless.

Ta
  20th of Jan, 2016
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Nobody wants to do anything in Monmouth County because i think they all have there hand in the cookie jar...i contacted mayors of towns, County
Freeholders, and the Asbury Park Press. Nobody will help!!!

I contacted my insurance company and told them about the collection threats and they sent another check to low lifes at Monoc.

@taaakin48 I would be happy to participate in a class action lawsuit

11th of Feb, 2016

I have two complaints going one with my insurer and one with my State Rep James Holzapfel. Call his office in Brick and ask for Glen.

13th of Dec, 2017

@Snickelbritches I would be happy to participate in a class action lawsuit.

@James S. Miller What is your email I will send you my cell

13th of Dec, 2017

@Snickelbritches My email is starjim@optonline.net to get a class action lawsuit going against MONOC

Ph
  16th of Nov, 2017
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Complaint: Billing I called 911 because I thought that my mom was having a heart attack. Monoc came and ruled that out and asked my mom if she wanted to go to the hospital. Monoc paramedics said she didn't have to go and would come back if my mom decided to go to the hospital. Then BAM! a $250 dollar no transport fee charged. Medicare and AARP does not cover it because my mom was not transported. I feel that the paramedics should inform the patients especially if they charge $250 for a no transport fee. Very disappointed with them.

16th of Nov, 2017

Unbelievable ..and My bill was $2200 and they did not transport me either
My insurance company paid them $1700 still not good enough

13th of Dec, 2017

I called 911 for abdominal pains, clearly a reason to transport to a hospital as quickly as possible, I had a perforated and gangrenous appendix. Howell Paramedics picked me up at my home and then parked in the White Castle Parking lot on Rt 9 where they waited over 20 minutes for MONOC to arrive. They gave me an EKG and checked blood pressure then sent me along my way in the Howell Ambulance. All told it took Howell 45 minutes to transport me to Centra State which was only 15 minutes from my home. For this "service" MONOC billed me $2370.00 I am now one step away from the court room as i refuse to pay this ransom for their kidnapping me and placing my life in further danger. I would be happy to participate in a class action suit if anyone out there wants to get one going.

@James S. Miller What is your email I will send you mine and contact info