Monkey Mitten / Goods not delivered; payment kept

PO BoxSydney Metro Area, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:
Phone: available at the website below

Purchased perfume from Monkey Mitten (trading name of Open Media Pty Ltd) online Oct 16. Never received item, despite payment being processed through PayPal. Dodgy automated answering maching (just 'please leave a message'), no replies to myself or to PayPal about the dispute I filed with them. No replies to multiple emails. PayPal ruled dispute in my favour but could not recover the funds which had already been withdrawn from Monkey Mitten's PayPal account. Absolute scam.

Comments

17th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me mate, purchased on the 8/10/08, waited 3 weeks and then left messages and emails but no reply. Week later left a message claiming theft/fraud and then got an email a week ago with a dodgy con note number. Going to contact paypal tomorrow, not that they'll do jack anyway.
Cr

Monkey Mitten - BEWARE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
monkeymitten.com

Monkey Mitten deducted money from my Paypal account on Oct. 15th 2008, did not receive products. Tried calling and Emailing only to find out they do not respond to any messages.
Cr
  18th of Nov, 2008
I got the same thing. $325 down the tubes.
Il
  18th of Nov, 2008
I purchased perfume on Oct 9 and to date haven't received anything. Like other people here, after I put through a complaint they sent me a bogus tracking number. I have done a little research on the company. Paypal should return funds, although the website has now been closed down, so who knows! They are a trading company in Australia, so there is other ways to get at them. May take awhile, but I'm certain we can get our money back!!!
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Hey Craig or Ildi - either of you in NSW? The company is registered there. I'm going to call the police in Sydney and have a chat to them. I had a dodgy ebayer charged with obtaining funds by deception a couple of years ago and this company is performing way worse than that ebayer (sending dodgy con note numbers- proving further deception).

It'l be fun!
Li
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Same story here!...ordered perfume on 8/10/08...and am still waiting for delivery. I sent email to see what was going on and received one back saying it was in transit from USA...that was 2 weeks ago!..long flight????? (also got dodgey tracking number) Have rang but only got answering machine ...recorded message sounds unprofessional and shady!
  24th of Nov, 2008
Well c'mon people, be empowered! Ring the police, they do a good job these days with this kind of fraud (online). Especially when people complain in numbers. Call them tomorrow. I am.
Ed
  27th of Nov, 2008
I purchased items from this online store and also have not recieved them. My emails have gone unanswered.

This store is definitely a scam.
Hi Everyone

Just thought i'd let you know i received my items from Monkeymitten. It took 2 months from order to delivery. The items where not packaged, just thrown into a satchel, so the item's packaging is all dinged up (no good for as the present i wanted to give - in November!).

BUT - I did get the item. Just thought i'd let you know that monkeymitten seem to be a really crap retailer rather than a fraudster. Still not good enough. And i'm kinda disappointed that I dont get to hammer them with the police.
Ca
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Ive not had a good dealing with them either. Shonky store I think. Lucky for me i only spent $20. Opened a dispute that got me nowhere of course.
Ca
  3rd of Dec, 2008
re someone saying store isnt there anymore, i was just on it?? agree with the dodgy voicemail too.
  18th of Jan, 2009
Purchased something for $ 41.00 Dollars, glad it was.nt $ 400.00 so I can live with the loss, however this does not make me any happier, as the site is still trading, and still stealing peoples money. Please notify the Police or this scam company will continue to get rich.
  18th of Jan, 2009
I ordered a small item to the Value of $41.00 Dollars on the 10th of December 2008, wanted this as a gift for someone, still waiting. I have been charged for this item. I definitely think there is something seriously wrong with this company, it should not be allowed to continue trading. Please, if you read this, beware. Purchase whatever you are wanting elsewhere. This company is a scam.
  27th of Jan, 2009
The site is still up and running. I purchased an item for $80 on the 24th December and haven't received anything. Have sent emails but have had no response. I would have thought it would be safer purchasing on an Australian website. Will contact the Office of Fair Trading to hear what they can do and notify the NSW police department.
  9th of Feb, 2009
I also ordered perfume from Monkey Mitten and no goods delivered. No reply to emails either. Give them a big miss
  9th of Feb, 2009

Monkey Mitten - New South Wales - Goods not delivered
New South Wales
Australia

No goods delivered by Monkey Mitten, unable to contact. Give them a big miss.
Ha
  10th of Feb, 2009
The same thing happened to me, money taken and goods never received, despite many emails and phone calls. I reported them to Consumer Affairs, and suggest that all people ripped off do the same.
He
  30th of Mar, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Ordered perfume for my daughters birthday. Ripped off, kept my money and no goods. Sent numerous emails to both "Shonky Mitten" and "Shonky pay mate". Still no perfume. Absolutely disgusting.
Do
  1st of Apr, 2009
Hi guys, thanks for the tip. I was just about to purchase some perfume I can't get over here and found any links from their main site crashed, so I guess they have stopped trading.

I have used fragrancesandcosmetics and strawberrynet.com before and found them excellent, but they don't stock the Jil Sander No4 perfume anymore :-(.. Both these companies tend to send the items from HongKong and they always arrive in nice silver wrapping paper and in proper packaging boxes. Average deliver is 1 week and I have used them for 5yrs. They also have a loyalty programme, which is good too.

Best of Luck
Mo
  20th of Apr, 2009

Monkey Mitten - Payment kept. Good never sent.
GPO Box 3741
Sydney
New South Wales
Phone: (02) 8003 3772
monkeymitten.com.au

Payment has been made. Item has never been delivered. Account deleted from website. Many email sent. No answer. Deadbeat.

FRAUD! AVOID!