Monkey Joes / Safety

1 Richmond, VA, United States Review updated:

We attended Monkey Joe's for the first time as an invite to a birthday party. The children seemed to enjoy the place until the injuries started. There is little control over children running throughout the building, and little control over children while they are in the bounce stations. When a parent attempts to intervene by entering a bounce station, they are told the policy of "no adults allowed". Did it occur to this company if the employees performed their jobs adequately, there would be no need for parents to intervene? I saw several employees pushing buckets to and from, but no one really able to take responsibility. The place is chaos. I believe in one three hour stay at Monkey Joes, I made three trips to the front desk for ice to aid either my own child, who was stepped on in the face by another child, or to assist a second child at the party due to an injury there was little concern by staff. None, to be exact. I would never, ever host my child's birthday party there due to multiple safety issues and lack of care by the staff. Never. You do not have the place to yourself (like Pump it Up) therefore your child could be competing with 100 other children to participate on the bounce stations during their party. Absolute disorganization.

1p
Aug 12, 2015

Comments

• Br
      29th of Jan, 2016

Hi 1Parent45,

I am outreaching to you on behalf of Monkey Joe's. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Please feel free to send your contact information to bjones@trevelinokeller.com and we will have someone outreach to you.

Best,