Monica Neish Of Kiwi Creations / Product theft

Canada, Ontario, Tooronto Review updated:
Kiwi Creations
182 Davenport Road
Phone: 416-272-6648
We have been doing business with Monica Neish at Kiwi Creations for just about a year. She deals with hair extensions and we would send her human hair extensions and she would give us her credit card to charge.

The last time we sent the hair was when everything turned sour. It was the same time of product we had been sending her for months and she claimed it was poor quality and that 'she has been working in the industry for so long and knows when a quality is poor product'. We had charged her client's card and then promptly offered a refund. This refund was under the condition that we could receive the hair back in tact. She agreed and then we never heard from her again. Not only did we lose $500.00 on the sale, but another $600.00 for the hair, labour and next day shipping. We have tried to contact her numerous times, via e-mail and phone and she doesn't pick up nor return our calls.

This has to stop, business cannot be conducted in such a manner. Not everyone has the money and the ressources to deal with incidents like this.

A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
I first found Kiwi Creations Extensions on the internet. It appealed to me as it was a small business and I like to private one on one that was offered. I meet with Monica and we first did hair extensions at a different location (in Swans Hair Boutique). She was professional and we got along great.

She then went into lace wigs and then I went over to her home where she purchased a lovely lace wig for me. I decided at that time to have her purchase another wig and left a deposit of $150.00. She gave me one of her business cards and wrote on the back the deposit and initialled it. THAT WAS THE LAST THAT I SAW THAT MONEY.

I waited several months to hear back from her on when we could get together. We had tried several times, but she always had other family things to deal with. I waited a few more months and then got an email from her saying that she was no longer in the lace wig business and that she was going to be working from her home permanently. She said that she would send me my deposit back and I gave her my address. I have not heard or seen my money.

I realize that small business are struggling to stay in business and that they cannot survive if their clients rip them off. But what about the flip side when business fail to respond to clients or given them back monies for services not rendered (on their own accord I might add).

Monica had promised to send me back the money. I have left NUMEROUS messages, emails, etc. with no response. Everytime I see her ad online I just want to scream. I don't have $150.00 to just throw away. My husband got totally pissed off at me and was even more upset because we both went to her home and met her husband and chatted.

If you want to keep your money, stay away from Kiwi Extensions and Monica Neish. Her so called 'professionalism' has a lot to be desired.
A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
The previous comment was by Dgladding of Newmarket, Ontario
D  26th of Sep, 2009 by
I'm the owner of Kiwi Creations Extensions

While it's never good to see or hear negative comments about yourself I guess it's inevitable that in business that conflict arises from time to time.

I always operate my business honestly and upfront but some people are not the same. Unfortunately in the hair extension business a lot of companies try to pass off low quality Indian hair as high quality Russian hair collecting huge profits when sold to unknowledgable clients. I had purchasd hair a few times from MOHAIR BEAUTY a few times, but the only time it was russian hair was the first time. The two times after they tried to pass off indian hair which is cheap and very available as pure Russian hair which is expensive and not so available. The last time I ordered was the final straw, my client ordered directly from Mohair Beauty blond russian, handmade hair extensions. What they sent her was machine made black indian hair that had been bleached to a shade of orange for $700!!! What a rip off!!! Of course they refunded her card!!! When we called them with our anger they were embarrased by their own attempt at diseptiom!!! They refunded the clients card but offered to way for us to return the hair. We threw it out and moved on. Do not buy hair from Mohair Beauty it's not real Russian!!!

It's important when thinking about having extensions done or ordering a custom wig that the salon takes a deposit from the client prior to purchasing the exact product for the client. That means we use the deposit towards the total cost of the product or service. I have always been upfront with new clients that deposits are nonrefundable. In the case of the client above I did offer her a refund dispite my policy and we made arrangements for her husband to come to my salon to pick it up but he didn't show up two weeks in a row. I liked working with that client and my door is always open to rectify this situation!!!
D  14th of Dec, 2010 by
Monica Neish is as loyal to companies as she is to her customer base, which is why she is doing celebrity hair and has so many clients. I am sick and tired of scam reporting such as this by BMMM, who are the real scams. Monica is very reliable, trusting and is dedicated to making women of feel and look the best they can.