Mongocard.com / unauthorized withdrawal from my checking account

1 360 Connecticut Ave Unit 113Norwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-299-0692

I was on line looknig for a cash advance loan. This company represented itself as a cash advance lender. But, when I filled out about 3/4 of the application, it became apparent that they were a credit card/ credit line company. I immediately cancelled out of the website when I saw this to be so. I did not complete nor submit ths application because I am not looking for a credit line or a credit card.
But, a couple of days later $99.95 was debited by electronic check from my checking account. This was an unauthorized charge. This represents fraud.
I went to my bank to report this and they gave me a 4 or 5 page claim form to report it. The bank then told me that they would investige this incident and it would take about 30 days for me to get my money back.
Mongocard representative stated I would have to wait until after 9/30 (today is 9/22) for them to investigate and maybe issue a refund.
My checking account will overdraft by that time as a result of this withdrawal.

Comments

• Ky
      3rd of Oct, 2010

MongoCard.com does not take anything out of your account unless you actually submit your routing and checking account numbers. They give you $2, 500 worth of credit, and they are actually a GREAT COMPANY. I just joined with them. It is a really good way to build back up your credit. And the charge for Mongo is 69.99 not 99.99. So, I don't even think that it is mongo you should be worried about. You probably be charged by 4 or 5 other companies for 99.99, so watch out!!! I just went through this problem, and mongo is the only one that isnt a scam. NEVER TRY TO BORROW MONEY USING THE INTERNET. IT'S CALLED IDENTITY THEFT. You don't want that.

• Mo
      2nd of Nov, 2010

I have to agree. And the charge is $99.95 from Mongo and no I NEVER authorized this transaction. Mongo = FRAUD!!! I have had to close my bank account and delay my sorely needed direct deposit for 3 days. Luckily my bank is working with me on the overdraft fees this charge has caused me.

• Ds
      13th of Dec, 2010

This company this company is a FRAUD!!! They took out 99.95 out of my account which caused 2 things to bounce. i never authorized them to take money out. Now the say it takes 25 days to get it back in my account and that is only if i call and confirm i want it out.