MoneyWorksOnline.net / Fraudsters and cheaters

In brief, my 83 year old mother is currently out $990 after being tag-teamed by these charlatans. We are attempting to recover her money, but only after their obviously-prepared 'reps' have evaded all her attempts to rescind, even going so far as to tell her she 'had no right to cancel' on the phone. After talking with attorney, I advised her to save everything, including the US Priority Mail envelope in which they mailed her documents. They took her money on 1/28/09 but never wrote up an invoice until 2/2/09, then couldn't be bothered to mail it until 2/4/09 - conveniently a week after the initial phone call.

Also my mother was on the federal do-not-call list, whatever good that does. My attorney advises me that in NYS, a consumer has 7 business days to rescind, which of course excludes weekends and holidays, and that the rescission period starts when the consumer receives the physical invoice & documents, not the day of the phone order. Today happens to be day 5 of that period for her, and we are faxing in her cancellation order now - it'll be interesting to see the result. I've referred this matter to my attorney, and it will be forwarded to the NYS AG Office, as well as their GA counterpart.

Va

Comments

• Ld
      5th of Mar, 2009

got took by the company for 1295.00 for fees that would help reduce my credit cards faster. was given on line password to sign up, but could not get on . called customer service was unable to talk to anyone.

8th of Apr, 2009
    MoneyWorksOnline.net - Bullied and Left Out of Money
    Marietta
    Phone: (877) 360-8814
    moneyworksonline.net

I am a 50 year old who should know better. On March 5, 2009, I received a call initally from Credit Services which told me how they were debt consolidaters and they could save me money on my credit card rates. Of course at first it sounded good (what's the saying If It Sounds Too Good Somethings Wrong). I discussed how I always make my payments on time but my interest rates are going up and my credit card companies won't lower them. The soliciter was so there for me and transferred me to another person who said he was from Life Change Solutions, I was on the phone with him for over an hour. I was very standoffish but he kept bullying me with all the ways he could help me save between 4, 000 and 7, 000 on interest charges. He told me they were Federally Regulated and associated with the Consumer Privacy Act and that I could call the Better Business Bureau. He spoke with me as though we had been friends for years many times I told him I was uncomfortable with this and he kept assuring me it was ok. He told me for $1895.00 that would be charged to my credit card but would be credited when I talked with the Credit Negotiators and if they could not save me what they quoted me I would get it back. What was I thinking - I should have just hung up. He then transferred me to their recorded authorization department (he stayed on the line as a third party in case I had questions), which you could only answers the questions with a YES (nothing else), if you had any questions the rep would come back on and anwer them. It took me 4 recordings to finally complete it, I kept asking questions and we would have to start over. The rep gave me his number and extension and told me I could call him anytime with questions. After I hung up I paniced and called my credit card company to cancel the charge but they told me I couldn't. I called the very next morning and tried to cancel and they told me I could not that I could listen to the recording with my authorization if I wanted to. I asked them if they recorded my conversation with the rep and they said they did not do that. I told them how interesting that was because then I would have proof that I was bullied into the transaction. But all they care about is their recording of autorization. I told them that any business transaction has an at least 3 business day cancellation process. They told me NO. I called numerous times to talk to the rep I initally spoke with but never got a call back. I received my packet technically 1 week later (but did not get until 2 weeks later, a neighbor received it by accident). On the first page it said that you had 3 days to rescind the charges but when I called they said I was over the date and could not rescind. I explained that I had called the very next day and tried to rescind, they informed me that they had a call on record that next day but nothing recorded that I wanted to rescind the transaction. How convenient I told them. I guess I am at a loss and have no choice but to continue with this and play it out and see if they can save me anything. A very expensive lesson learned.

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2009

I also was pressured into doing the same thing, telling me my payment would not change, which it did, my interest rate is the same and they said it will not change until i submit the profile. I also will have to finish and follow thru to see if they really can save me money. They are very good at what they are doing. I am 61 and thought it would save me money. WRONG SO FAR.

10th of Apr, 2009
    MoneyWorksOnline.net - fraud
    Money Works
    moneyworksonline.net

I was cold called by this company telling me they can help me reduce my credit card interest rates and debt without closing my accounts.
    They charged my credit card over $1800.00 telling me not to worry it will be taken care of in the settlement. I finally receive my paperwork and set up a phone appointment and am told I will have to close my accounts but that they can save me a minimum of $4000.00 and pay off the accounts in 3-5 years. After much back and forth conversations I have no resolutions, no formula to pay off the accounts and they want to charge an additional $49.00 per month to the payment company. They require you to send the money each month to a payment agency and it will be dispursed to each creditor. As it stands, I would be paying more each month than on my current schedule. How can that be if I am getting a lower interest rate? Now I can't pull up the website. Beware of companies that claim to be able to help you.

• De
      11th of Apr, 2009

To whom this concerns,
    I have not ordered anything from u on the 23rd of Feb. and the 25th
    of March I feel that I was taken advantage of .
    U have taken 39.95 dollars out of my bank account both those days
    when I have not ordered anything.
    I never recieved anything, and I would appreciate it that u don't.
    Please send me back my money or there will be a lawsuit.
    thanku
    Ms. Debbra S. McDonald

15th of Apr, 2009

I wish I found this site before I signed up for this service. It sure isn't worth the money they charge for what you get back from them. Total rip-off. They conveniently don't call back, transfer the call to a person to help you, or have a valid customer service email to get any help even though they insist you can contact them at any time.

• Ka
      14th of May, 2009
    MoneyWorksOnline.net - SCAM - cheating people
    Smryna
    Phone: 1-877-317-6098
    moneyworksonline.net

I called them within 2 business days. Still did not get my money back. Then I myself paid off my credit card debt. Still did not get my money back.

When I asked them for their mailing address, they hung up the phone.

Now a days, they don't even talk properly to me.

I am going to take strong legal action. Join me if you are interested. Since this is a public forum, I am not writing my contact details. You can register to this forum and send message to me by clicking my name at the beginning of this post.

Ken

22nd of May, 2009

We need to band together andSTOP them!

• Ju
      30th of May, 2009

They got my money, I did not follow through, sent back nothing to go forward with so called money saving scam..I was just so stupid, they did pressure me. sounds too good tobe true bull...I am trying to work with my creditcard company to get charge taken off...anybody know a good lawyer???????????? I have all my paperwork, unsigned of course. Tell me what to do next !!!

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2009

the same thing is happening to me right now.I also was called by the company, telling me they could save me 4, 000.-5, 000, which at the time i was'nt interested, but they continued harrassing me, and telling me that i would be doing the right thing, i f i wanted to lower my debts.So i gave in and i said i would give it a try.If i was'nt satisfied i wanted my money back. So they charged my credit card 1295.00 that was at the begging of may, in 2009 since then i've been trying to get my money back posted to my credit card.When i threatened them with an attorney, them this account was closed and refunded on june 22nd.which i have not yet seen a credit for this on my credit card.So i think i've been scammed.So what do i do.

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2009

i agree we need to band together and stop them and get our money back.

• Pe
      7th of Aug, 2009

Money works promised 4, 000 in savings. Instead I have fallen further in debt. They charged me 1, 895. Then promised me a refund. They even approved the refund! Now 6 months later they have not sent it and do not answer their phones. I am now out the money and am paying the interest on the credit card that paid the fee. We should come together and file a class action lawsuit against them. What they are doing is illegal.
    PETE e-mail Sumentum@centurytel.net

I also have much info on them. Money Works also goes by Clear Breeze . The better business bureau was of no help to me.

• Su
      11th of Aug, 2009

I received in January a phone call from money works asking me to consider debt consolitation for my credit cards . I was told that I would qualify for better interest rates etc. They processed a charge of $1200.00 to my credit card and were sending me a packet in the mail . The packet took about a month to get here but in the mean while I was really questioning my actions. So I rang the number and asked to cancel . I was told that I couldn't it wasn't part of their policy but maybe if I wrote a letter it would be considered . I never heard another thing until July. I received a nice packet showing all my lowered rates and comparisons and to call and set up an appointment. Which I did . I then received a call saying that my appt. needed to be changed. Following that all phone lines were inaccessable. I then rang financial health and fitness who also sent a nice packet in affiliation with money works ( though they say they aren't ) . I just rang them and the same guy (Anthony) possibly a one man show answered again after several rings. I let him know of my intentions of filing a complaint he thanked me for calling and promptly hung up. Where do I go from here ?

• Cr
      16th of Sep, 2009
    MoneyWorksOnline.net - Scam
    Salt Lake City
    Utah
    piefacesix@msn.com

I fell for the scam, Money Works took charged $1, 000.00 to my visa card in Dec 2008 they never did one thing they promised to do regarding my credit card debt. There $500 in gas vouchers was a joke, and thier on line site does not work nor does the CD they sent along with other paper work

I recieved another call on Sept 15, 2009 explaining they are now ready to work on this. Being scammed once is enough I have no intentinon of following their instructions regarding my credit cards or a telephone confrence call Sept 28, 2009.

Beware if this scam.

• Gg
      27th of Sep, 2009

Ken,

I would be happy to join in a suit against against Money Works. I filed suit and go to trial on October 5. I am afraid that they have closed up shop leaving us handling the baggage. Please also file a complaint with the FTC. Their website will guide you. The FTC has contacted me for more details. There must be several complaints before the FTC to act.

Greg

• Gg
      27th of Sep, 2009

I was taken for $990.00. They did nothing and told me that I could not file suit against them. Guess what? I have sued them and it comes to trial October 5. I am asking for $2, 500.

Please register you complaint with the FTC. The FTC has contacted me after my report. They just need more complaints to take action.

• St
      13th of Oct, 2009

all of the complaints match mine same phone games, and now all the phone numbers are out of service. Feeling used and stuped for falling for such a scam. Good luck with the creadit card company getting your money back they have a limit on the length of time you have to dispute a charge too .What do we all do now? Just learn a costly leason form The MoneyWorks... IT DOES'NT

13th of Oct, 2009

We were all taking for a ride. You are exactly right they are GONE. Phones disconnected, no good fax number. They will probably be back under a different name but we all know NOT TO FALL FOR THIS SCAM AGAIN. If anyone ever finds them let me know! There is no use with the credit card company because they won't have anyone to get the money back from. Very expensive lesson!

• Ci
      16th of Nov, 2009
    MoneyWorksOnline.net - RIPPED ME OFF
    MONEYWORKS
    PO BOX672856
    Marietta
    Phone: 877 317-6098
    MONEYWORKSONLINE.NET

MONEYWORKS TOOK MY MONEY TO HELP ME GET A LOWER INTEREST ON MY CREDIT CARDS. THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD SAVE ME 4000.000 DOLLARS AND IF THEY FAILED TO DO SO I WOULD GET MY 1295.00 REFUNDED BACK TO ME. THEY ABSOLUTELY DID NOTHING FOR ME. HAD NO SERVICE AT ALL. AND NOW THEY CAN'T BE REACHED. THEIR TELEPHONE IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE. THEY PUT A WORST FINANCIAL SITUATION ON ME. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS AND HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK. PLEASE POST THAT IMFORMATION.

• Ga
      12th of Jan, 2010
    MoneyWorksOnline.net - scam ripoff
    Smyrna
    Phone: 18773176098
    moneyworksonline.net

Sold me credit card services over the phone for $999.00. Promised me reduced rates and payment plans. Sounded good. AS soon as they got my credit card # they hurriedly said none of this is guaranteed and hung up. Before I could call back Visa called and said I was being scammed. I said Do not bill me ! they said to late. I called moneyworks back and they said there was no refund policy. After 30 days they said I did not follow the procedures in the correct amount of time, even though they would not admit that a refund policy existed. They said they would refund if they could not lower my interest rate. I paid off and cancelled the card and no interest rate exists and it cannot be lowered but still no refund. Many other lies and story after story on the internet, yet no relief for any of us. What a shame that nobody in America will help us little people. Tragic