Moneybookers.comfraud and misrepresentation!

Be aware that a very simple scam is in operation which is claiming to use the 'escrow' service of www.moneybookers.com and could cost you thousands. NB. I don't for one minute believe that moneybookers are part of it.

The scam is as follows:

Step 1. Entice the victim into buying something online, by offering an item at a very low price. In may case a car via 'autotrader' in the UK. The reason for the cheap price offered by the conman is that he has recently moved to Germany from the UK, and with the car being righthand drive he now wishes to get rid, but no-one wants a righthand drive car in Germany. He provides the Reg no and several photos. The car has no outstanding finance, and he suggests getting a HPI check to prove everything is legit .

Step 2. Communicate with the victim to answer all his questions. I asked for the VIN no of the car for the HPI check but he refused saying that you don't need it for HPI and that if he did send it out then he may be subject to fraud by me. He offers all the things that you'd expect such as logbook keys registration document, shipping and insurance included etc... I perform a HPI check and everything comes back clean. The purpose of this step is just to put the victims mind at ease.

Step 3. He informs you that with him living abroad we must use 'escrow', and that he wishes to use the escrow service provided by www.moneybookers.com.Escrow is a service provided by an impartial 3rd part who basically hold the buyers money until the goods arrive and are checked by the buyer. Only then is the money released to the seller.

This is all above board what has been suggested so far but the alarm bells start to ring loudly now. IMPORTANT The buyer should suggest the escrow company to use, not the seller, as it is the buyers money that is being moved around, and the buyer that pays the premium to teh escrow company. I knew nothing about escrow so i was very wary and googled as much info on possibles scams etc. There are loads of hints and warning signs to llok out for but in may case only that the seller suggested the company to use alerted me.

Step 4. Send the victim an email claiming to be from moneybookers with detailed instructions of what to do. This gives the impression that the seller has registered with moneybookers and everything is progressing. Unfortunately the email is from the conman . In my case the email came from Moneybookers ([protected]@uk-moneybookers.com) The email is very detailed and believable, siting instructions and guarantees, and gives you bank account details of where to send the money.

IMPORTANT this is where you either recognize the deception or you hand over the cash.
- The escrow company would always ask the buyer to register with them as the buyer is in the driving seat not the seller.
- The escrow company would never ask you to use person-to-person transfers .

There are loads of tips on how to spot the signs but you have to vigilant. In my case no money changed hands and saved me £6400.

• venkat rama reddy's Response, Apr 15, 2018

I tried to deposit $90 from my State Bank of India VISA credit card number [protected] .this is declined.when I checked with SBI credit cards there is no problem . I have enough balance funds and international transactions are also allowed in my credit card.
    Please tell me why deposit is declined .
    Please provide your E mail address for communication or follow ticket system
    Vekat rama reddy

• rahman1216's Response, May 20, 2018

I Cannot login my skrill account with my mail address. i have skrill account id number. my skrill maill doesn't working.please fix this problem.

fraud and misrepresentation!

Comments

• Ed
      Aug 06, 2008

I almost fell for this same scam, except it was for a car via autotraders in the USA. Same scam, seller working out of the country, wanted money sent to a "verified agent", an individual not to moneybookers.com.

I did a carfax history check and first overlooked, but later noted (after the deal started to smell bad) that the car had been sold the week before. It is my guess that someone found a car for sale, got the VIN #, and other data, along with a photo and set up the fake car ad.

Seller wanted 30% downpayment and the car would be shipped to you for a 10 day trial period.

• Ri
      Sep 11, 2008

Great post! I'm in the middle of the scam (waiting for the email that explains how to complete the sale). In my case it's a mac computer and monitor, not a car. I think you just saved me $2100!!

If a deal looks too good to be true, then it usually is too good to be true.

Sep 24, 2008

Very interesting!!! Glad to have found this site. Just like Rich S. I almost fell for the "moneybookers" scam just yesterday. This was for a Mac laptop on Craigs List. The amazing thing was that I was warned to NOT send the cash via Western Union to this individual (said to be the moneybookers agent) by one of the operators at Western Union. I believe that the name was flagged at Western Union. I saved myself $1450.00. It is likely that these crooks will continue doing this. Please beware of the seller "Peter Handley" and the "Moneybookers agent"-Andrew Morrish" located in London, England. They are likely the same person, or perhaps pseudonyms.

• Pp
      Oct 05, 2008

Thanks for the warning! I had the same case with the car sold in Autotrader.com. The email description was pretty much as you wrote: the buyer was recently divorced with his wife and willing to sell the car, which was mostly driven by her, as soon as possible.

• Tl
      Oct 30, 2008

I was trying to purchase a motorcycle off of craigslist. I got an e-mail saying he had moved from US to UK and bike was still here in moneybookers warehouse in Dallas. Basically the whole thing sounded kind of shady to begin with. I mean every other bike listed like this one was $2000 more. I just had a bad feeling from the word go. Then I found out that the e-mails i got from the person were carbon copies of other e-mails people had received with just a few changes. My only question is can these people be held accountable and if so to who?

• Al
      Jul 23, 2009

Moneybookers itself is a pain-website is extremely hard to use. Moneybookers decides when they will transfer funds from your sales to your bank, you have no control. They are slow answering questions and only give vague answers, nothing direct to your inquiry. If you call, their customer service is always busy with others and they have you leave a message. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE-IT IS NOT WORTH THE AGGRIVATION

• Sr
      Jun 26, 2017

@alamo221 My customer id : [protected], Ticket Response (#[protected]) it has been 6 days, and i have no update why skrill has blocked my account, and whenever i called support team, they simply says they dont have update and relevant team is working on it, and my account has blocked on 20th june, and skrill has withdrawn the amount of 47$ without my notice, how can you withdraw my hard earned money with my permission, do u think you can do whatever you want if you have controls...??????

• Rd
      Sep 20, 2009

You have no idea how glad I am this site is on here. I was about to register with moneybookers and purchase a car from a woman getting divorced and just moved to Canada. Had to put 35% down and 5 day trial for the car. I asked if I could use my paypal account and she sent very believable message about how paypal pays her directly and this is a brokerage company; un biased third party. I checked on moneybookers before registering (was about to enter account info on the site) and thank God I did.

Thanks for all of you out there alerting people like me on these scams. I would have fell for it.

• Po
      Dec 27, 2009

Anyone who has ever done business online or has an email account for that matter has been contacted by scammers. I have received spoof email from Bank of America, PayPal and numerous others. It would be unfair to blame any company for the misdeeds of others as they had nothing to do with the attempted scam. Similarly, the phishing scam using MoneyBookers or the (usually) phony car sales scams redirect the buyer to a phony "escrow" site to "deposit" the funds for the buyer's "security." If you are vigilant, use the online escrow company of your own choosing and otherwise go through proper channels by going directly to the company's site through your browser you can greatly decrease the potential for being scammed. Generally, a legitimate seller will be fine with this approach and the scammers will either try to talk you out of it or simply disappear, knowing that you're not a sucker prospect.

• Kg
      Feb 19, 2010

R.D. Monday,

I had the exact same email... except it was a man getting divorced. My husband and I are fairly young but recognized the signs as soon as the man emailed me with a huge email when all I asked was "how many miles are on the car?" Still, at that point there was no harm in continuing to inquire, so I asked him if I could view the car, which he was advertising as being local for me. He told me that it was in Waco, TX and then brought in the MoneyBookers portion of the scam.

At this point I got wise to what he was trying to do, and emailed him back... to see if I could have a little fun with this guy.

"The car still sounds like a really great deal, but I have heard of MoneyBookers being a scam. I actually have a friend located near Waco, TX, and I'd really feel more comfortable if she could check out the car first before I get involved with MoneyBookers."

Don't worry, I reported him to the site with the advertisment, MoneyBookers, and the police.

• Su
      Jun 18, 2010

Thank god I found this site I'm about to fell for a scam. Same thing a guy put a car ads at Cars.com for a nice BMW X5. Same story the guy is in Uk (he said he works in Scotland). His selling his car because he couldn't register it in UK due to different standard, that it was made in the US. The best part is he doesn't need to be in the US to sell his car. He told me to deposit a partial payment of $2950.00 to moneybookers acccount. Then he will send the cars in two days that I have 10days to inspect it. A couple of things trigger it as a scam, I ask him about the car and he didn't answer it the right way. The car ads says $6995 the when he email me he said that his final price is $6999.00 what happened to $6995? Plus the price of the car is too cheap for a fully loaded X5 also the picture looks like it was taken on a magazine or a website ads.

• Da
      Jun 21, 2010

I saw the same X5 on cars.com and went as far as to have him "initiate" the moneybookers transaction. That's where by doubts were confirmed. The email came from moneybookers-team.com NOT moneybookers.com. A whois lookup revealed that is a "private" domain and is obviously not related to moneybookers.com. So any response you send to the email wold be answered by the con artist. The biggest flag of all is that I was instructed to "wire" the money to moneybookers using western union, instead of sending a check, electronic transfer, etc. Say bye bye to $$.

So I went back to the "seller" and asked where the car is located so I could go look at it. He said in storage at shipping company. Then I asked who is the shipping company/contact info and he said check with monybookers.

• Ho
      Jul 09, 2010

MONEYBOOKERS IS A SCAM.TOOK ALL BUT 5.00 OUT OF MY PERSONAL ACCOUINT CLAIMING I NEVER SENT PEOPLE THERE STUFF.OVER 1500.00 ALL THAT WAS IN THE ACCOUNT FOR M.B. 160.00 STOLE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT MONEY AND NOW HAD TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT THEY WERE TAKING 50.00/WK CLAIMING IT WAS FOR THE WORK THEY HAD TO DO I.E. EMAIL, INVESTIGATING, CUSTOMER SERVICE ETC. MONEY BOOKERS STICK IT WHERE THE SUN NEVER SHINES.

• De
      Apr 25, 2011

THANK GOD I RESEARCH THIS...I was looking to buy a car and there was this new beetle 2001 beige, really cheap it said $ 3, 100 It said it was in the same city were I live. I send the person an email and she said she was selling the car because she's getting a divorce and she moved to toronto Canada and she couldn't register the car in Canada and she just wanted to sell the car because she had made a down payment on a car so she need it the money. She was selling it in $2, 200... I was confused wasn't it 3, 100 ? at that point I was like who cares better for me. I send her a message that first I wanted to see the car. She reply saying " Before leaving for Canada, I had prearranged shipping and also the payment with MoneyBookers so my presence in U.S isn't necessary(The car is locked in a MoneyBookers warehouse Memphis, Tennessee ready for delivery){THE CAR WAS SAID TO BE IN ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA!!}.
    Here is what I suggest: we will use MoneyBookers which acts like an escrow service, you make a deposit Of %40 in a MoneyBookers managed trust fund ( they hold the money until you receive the car ), I send the car over( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, 2 sets of keys, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me), I will offer a 5 day period from the day you receive it from the shipping company, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, drive it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to MoneyBookers the sale and they will send the payment to me... If, by any reason, you will not be satisfied with it ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no questions asked.I think this is more than fair for the both of us..
    NOTE: The deposit (down payment) is refundable, and is just a security measure, to make sure that you are serious, and that I am not going to ship the car, and loose time and money." THANK GOOD I RESEARCH IT.. I WOULD OF LOST MORE THAN A $1000 It may not be money bookers but their using this type of transaction.

• Sp
      May 04, 2011

Boy am I glad I did my research on Moneybookers. The email already sounded sketchy from the start. For one, the car looked perfect. Too perfect. The pictures look like they were taken in Hawaii or something! And secondly, the email was WAY TOO DETAILED! I don't need to know your whole life story, I just want to know about paperwork, any omitted damages and if I can test drive it. The car was advertised as being in Fullerton, CA and all of a sudden it's in Des Moines! Even after I refused and said I was no longer interested, the "seller" was still trying to reassure me of the legitimacy with a novel sized e-mail. He/she even left me a 13 digit phone number which wasn't even the appropriate country code for the country they claimed to be in.
    "Here is what I suggest: we will use MoneyBookers International Shipping And Escrow Services, you make a deposit Of %40 in a MoneyBookers International Shipping And Escrow Service managed trust fund ( they hold the money until you receive the car ), They send the car over( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, 2 sets of keys, service records, all forms of documentation and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me), I will offer a 5 day period from the day you receive it from the shipping company, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, drive it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to MoneyBookers International Shipping And Escrow Service the sale and they will send the payment to me.."
    Here is what I suggest, DON'T EVER USE MONEYBOOKERS. Actually, don't ever wire money for any huge purchase. If it isn't tangible, if you cant test drive it/meet the seller in person, don't buy it. That deal was too good to be true and this whole situation was ridiculous!!

• Te
      Jun 11, 2011

Reading all these complaints against MoneyBookers makes me afraid. I had to sign up for MB to pay for 4 items on Ebay. The Merchant wouldn't take Paypal. I checked with Ebay because l had never heard of MB, they said l am covered in case of fraud by Ebay. Now after reading on this site, l wonder if my credit card info is safe.
    Thanks to all for posting and my sadness for all those who have been ripped-off.
    My credit card hasn't been posted yet for MB. Am l safe?
    I don't know what to do, l am afraid they will rip me off too. What should l do? Trust Ebay's guarantee? Please respond.

• Se
      Dec 01, 2011

Teresa from canada - Don't use Moneybookers never, I give you 100% you will have problems with them and you will lose a lot of funds and nerves.

• Ro
      Oct 01, 2013

> Thanks very much for the interest you have in buying my 2005 Honda accord . The car is still in a very good condition and has never been involved in an accident. The title is clean, the interior looks great and the Mileage 34, 300 .Body style sedan and the Engine is 6 Cylinder Gasoline with Automatic Transmission .This machine is still like a new one and it is accident free. The price of the car is $1900 and that is my last price. The reason why I want to sell the car at this price is because my wife and i was transferred to Canada and she took me along with her and that is where we are presently living and that is why we want to sell the car at this price because I want to sell it fast since we could not take the car along with us. So before we left USA, we had already arranged shipping and also the payment with the shipping company in the USA. So the car is presently in the USA.I have already made all arrangements with them so that they can help me to sell the car fast. So if you are really interested in buying this car then get back to me immediately. Thanks.

What do you think about this???? True or false

• Ro
      Oct 01, 2013

2005 honda accordCcasey stantonThanks very much for the interest you have in buying my 2005 Honda accord . The car is still in a very good condition and has never been involved in an accident. The title is clean, the interior looks great and the Mileage 34, 3...Mmichelle gonzalesi am really interested in buy your car please rell me how I can contact you or where i can see the car El martes, 1 de octubre de 2013, casey stanton <[protected]@yahoo.com> escribió:Ccasey stantonpara usuariohace 13 horasDetallesHi again,        Thanks for taking the time to respond to my email. I am glad you are interested in purchasing the car. The car is presently at the Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) ware house in Houston Texas, ready for delivery. If you are really interested in buying the car. Look how we will do this step: Before leaving for Canada we had prearranged shipping and also the payment with Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) The last price for the car is $1900 and includes all the shipping costs and insurance, so you won't have to pay any extra charges. Here is what I suggest: we will use Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS), you make a deposit Of %40 in a Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) managed trust fund (they hold the money until you receive the car) They send the car over( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, 2 sets of keys, service records, all forms of documentation and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me), I will offer a 3 day period from the day you receive it from the shipping company, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, drive it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) the sale and pay the balance of % 60  before  they will send the full payment to me... If, by any reason, you will not be satisfied with it (even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no questions asked. I think this is more than fair for the both of us. Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) will be handling the transfer of ownership from my names to your names. NOTE: The deposit (down payment) is refundable, and is just a security measure, to make sure that you are serious, and that I am not going t o give them orders to ship the car, and loose time and money. If you are interested to go ahead with the deal, please reply me with your full shipping address Full Names State City Home Address where the car will be delivered Zip code Phone Number So I can ask Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) to open a case! After, they will contact you explaining all the details of the transaction and how you will make the initial deposit payment. I will be waiting to read from you soon. Thank you

I'm really want to buy a car this is cheap price but with all this comments i'm scared about it i dont believe in people like that .. we have to pay 40% first before have some response of this company plz help me give me your opinion i appreciate god bless all of you !!! :)

• Ab
      Aug 14, 2018
    Skrill - Verification pending even after submission of documents
    London
    Arkansas
    skrill.com

Even after submission of all required documents skrill is taking too much to verify my account
    I am unable to do any transactions resolve it fast
    Cust ID [protected]

• Ra
      Aug 20, 2018
    Skrill - Cannot login to my account with my mail address.
    Dhaka
    Bangladesh

changed my mail but forgot to verify mail. for this reason i can not login my skrill account. i have all doccuments about my skrill account.

• Gi
    Skrill - Log in

Name Girish Janardhan
    ID: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@gmail.com

My official name is Girish J but your format was not accepting single letter as second name. I am withdrawing some amount from Great Mondial today. Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards

Girish J

• Ve
    Skrill - Unable to deposit
    hyderabad
    India

I tried to deposit $90 from my credit card .this is declined.when I checked with SBI cards there is no problem .Please tell me why deposit is declined .
    Please provide your E mail address for communication or follow ticket system
    Vekat rama reddy

• Ar
    Skrill - contact
    Nepal

Hi,
    I was woundering to change my country as i have migrated from the country where i work to my home country, so regard this it would be nice if i an simple web based contact department or mailing department would be there for this type of issues. Thanks

Regards: Arjun
    +[protected]

• So
      Aug 21, 2018
    Skrill - verifying my location docs i submit my landline telephone bill and skrill said this is cell phone bill
    Oman

sir i submit my bank statement my oman id card and also landline telephone bill and they said not verify account and disable my account i have 120 us dollar in my account .how they know i submit my cell phone bill while i submit my landline telephone bill .

Skrill - site issue
    hydrabad
    India

i have added money neteller to skrill now whats the problem is skrill to bet365 didnt add money and skrill to skrill also not working so many times i tried to ur site u didnt repond plz find and solve it

• Wi
    Skrill - Fraud
    Gauteng
    South Africa

Good day,
    Please warn clients from South Africa - was approached by man called BARRY SMITH ID [protected] (FRAUDULENT) who bought something from me and then received notifications from "SKRILL" informing me that payment was made to me, but I need to first make a payment of R1500 before my money will be released?

• Br
      Aug 28, 2018
    Skrill - Withdrawing money
    Swansea
    Wales, West Glamorgan
    United Kingdom

Why are you charging the huge sum of almost 25% to withdraw my balance to my bank account when it states on your site that it costs Price: 1.45% Min. Fee GBP 0.43 to Send money?

I have never been charged such a high price of GBP 4.93 to withdraw GBP 21.51 leaving me only GBP 16.59.

• Sk
    Skrill - I am complaining about my verification
    Dhaka
    Bangladesh

Hello Skrill,
    I have submitted my NID & Selfie fully clean & clear but 48 hours passed still in a review.
    Such a poor customer care service I never seen at past.
    In my account I have 21$.
    Neither they complete verification nor give back my 21$.
    My email [protected]@gmail.com

What fill in SWIFT Option in add account

• Si
    Skrill - Skrill services are fake don't open account
    India

My funds in Skrill account but they have block my account very bad services Skrill don't open account skrill

• Au
      Sep 01, 2018
    Skrill - re open account which was deleted by me mistaken
    jamnagar
    India

after so many email sent to skrill it was not responded to re open my account and my money even stucked into skrill please register my complaint against skrill.

• Ni
      Sep 02, 2018
    Skrill - Wallet
    Ahmedabad
    Skrill.com

How long does it take for verification process because i have deposited 17500 INR and want to pay it aur withdraw it .

• Ab
      Sep 02, 2018
    Skrill - I m not able to transfer funds
    Uk
    India

As it s showing my account s restricted for security reasons. As i already complained to ur excectives through email but not received any reply .my amount is struck thr pls help me out by solving this issue asap.

• Vi
      Sep 05, 2018
    Skrill - my account id [protected]
    patan
    India

http://www.skrill.com/en/support/#/path/1054856162http://www.skrill.com/en/support/#/path/1054856162http://www.skrill.com/en/support/#/path/1054856162. my documents thanks. name vipul khadaliya

•   Sep 06, 2018
    Skrill - I m a complaining about my skrill account. Dear sir my email and password is correct . But is till can't login why ? Please solve the problem

Please provide the solve

• Kr
      Sep 10, 2018
    Skrill - Their support does not reply in time taking days
    UK
    United Kingdom

None of the phone numbers are working. They are all dummy numbers. Skrill has the poor and fraud support

• Co
    Skrill - Scam alert = SKRILL = Illegal syndicate
    Singapore

Skrill is obviously a illegal virtual entity that scams innocent people of their hard earned money. Don't ever think about getting your money back once you "burn" it into their phony e-wallet system.

• So
      Sep 10, 2018
    Skrill - Cant access my email and forgot my authentication pin
    London
    South Africa
    skrill.com

I cant reset my password and i forgot my authentication pin please help! my email is [protected]@gmail.com and my case id is #[protected]

• Ik
    Skrill - Access to www.skrill.com was denied
    Nigeria

Yesterday 16th October, 2017, I uploaded my mastercards for verification. I tried logging into my account on my laptop today and was told I was not authorized to view the webpage. I tried on my smart phone and got same error message.
    account : [protected]@yahoo.com