Money2India / Modern day Thieves

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Worst experience of my life dealing with an bank.
I transferred a large amount of money from US to my sister account in ICICI in India. I used first time power transfer service of money2india. Money was debited from my account next day to their local bank in New York. They mention that once credited your account, it takes three business day to reach in India. However after one week I did not see money being transferred to my sister account. I called their customer care number (beware this as call directs to call center not some ICICI bank person) and those stupid ###s kept telling do not worry it would transfer next day which never happened. After few days they told me to send all the detail to [protected]@icicibank.com with all the details which I did and guy at call center first told me that I would get email reply in 24 hours then next day he told me 48 hours. Surprisingly I got mail after 48 hours and you know what they mentioned in the mail, guess??? they wrote it would take another one week to write in email why my transferred in delay??? ### should have told me before. I wish there would be a physical branch of ICICI in US, I would have trashed these people and would have sued them. I feel so helpless because of these thugs. Please do not send money through money2india.com. They should pay my money with all the interest accrued for keeping for extra days.

Comments

• Ic
      15th of Apr, 2012

Hi,

We regret to hear about your experience. Please write to us at [protected]@icicibank.com with your contact details and we'll assist you. Refer '2895913' in the subject.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

• Ad
      24th of Apr, 2012

Hi, Even I'm facing similar experience with the Money2India Europe service. No result in the status after 10 days. Completely useless service and I strongly recommend everybody not to use it.

• Se
      26th of Sep, 2012

Same Experience for me as well...Dont ever use ICICI money2india service..Complete fraud and unfair business practices. Those call center persons are bunch of trash gives the same information like cut and paste. Basically they are stealing the money for no interest and lock with them for some time. This is their tactics to live with others money. Actually in UNITED STATES this kind of act is protected by FDIC law and Electronic fund transfer act. All we need to find a senator or congress man to take this matter and prosecute then under federal law. No i dont think they are not bide by US laws. Bank of New York is their operational branch for fund transferring services. I think everyone should come up and talk on this. If any one interested just let me know. i like to organize and mobilize resources for this cause. They should bring down to books. I will encourage peoples to update this fraud practices of ICICI in all facebook, twitter and google +. I did this and find lot of peoples in this menace..all we need to organize this peoples and hit them legally.

2nd of Oct, 2012

I used e-transfer which should take 5 business days. They took 14 days to transfer. This happened couple of times in a row. It is definitely not a better experience to use this service. ICICI used to be better couple of years back when i used to transfer to an ICICI bank in India. Now, transferring to non-ICICI bank just seems to be hassle.

• Ic
      8th of Oct, 2012

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us your contact details at [protected]@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon to assist you. Kindly refer 'UID:3554541' in the subject line.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

• Te
      18th of Jan, 2013

Worst experience.They just claim to give you some rate and end of the day they hold on your account with less exchange rate.
    I transferred days back for 86.9 GBP/INR and actual amount credited was in the rate of 85.1 which was disgusting.

Please dont use their service.