Money2India / ICICI Bank (Money 2 india) & Nordea Bank, Sweden

1 Sweden Review updated:

Dear Money2india,
I think you are already aware of this problem. But I couldnt able to see any progress on this issue from ICICI-money2india. My colleagues, friends and myself tried transferring the money from SEB to Indian bank through money2india in past 25 days. Everyone faced the same issue, money got reverted back to the SEB accounts with in 3 days without mentioning any reason. Some people tried contacting money2india customer care and some people sent mails to [protected]@icicibank.com. As expected, we got stupid replies from customer care people saying that they have not received the money at all and issue may be with SEB bank. After sending multiple mails, we got reply from [protected]@icicibank.com bank saying that they are having some issue with Nordea and they are working towards solving it.
Common you should have the proper escalation system and should solve these type of issues on priority. You dont know how many people are struggling here without having any information about whats happening and why they are getting their money back. You should inform to customer about the issue and status of the same. If you dont care about customer satisfaction, Why the hell you guys do the business...
In the past also, i have seen hell lot of issues like this and some complaints in https://www.complaintsboard.com as well.
if you people doesn't even care about the concerns of their customers..why the hell you are offering such services...you people even doesn't try to learn to improve their service and I am really pissed off with such a service being prolonged even today ...Really this should be a serious eye opener to these ICICI bank people...either they have to improve their services or shut down their got damn services...

Comments

• Ya
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Rs.10, 000/-remitted to Indian Bank on 10/07/'09 vide M2A05227246 is not yet received

• Bh
      3rd of Apr, 2012

I just sent my contact information to you.

• Ms
      5th of Apr, 2012

Any update on this?

• Si
      10th of Apr, 2012

Hi ICICI

You people suggested a solution to carry a page to my Bank. They Simply say what to do with this. Handelsbanken to NORDEA is not international Transfer, we we don't need that "OUR" option.
    Kindly suggest solution instead of providing useless trials.

• Bo
      11th of Apr, 2012

I am also awaiting for further updates from ICICI Bank for this.
    ICICI Customer service team updated me to same to carry paper to local bank. But, local bank is saying transfer to Nordea bank will be local and it is issue with ICICI Bank account with Nordea bank and no one will be able to deposite money to that account.
    This is really a bad experience with ICICI NRI support.

15th of Apr, 2012

Hi Bhanuprasad,

We have not received your contact details at our end. Please send us your contact details to [protected]@icicibank.com or confirm the e-mail ID through which you have sent the details earlier. We will get back to you soon. Kindly refer "IBGUID:2851746" in the subject line.

• Vi
      15th of Apr, 2012

Hi,
    I am also facing the same issue. I have been to both Handelsbanken and NORDEA, everytime they say its probably other bank's fault beacuse they are not aware of the missing loop.

Kindly guide.

• Ra
      18th of Apr, 2012

@ [protected]@icicibank.com
    Have a look here, I have sent mail to NRI support and cc to Head quality service but so far no reply .
    Hi Unnati,
    Update the SR# 220463667 as per our telephonic discussion.
    I will just boil out the bottom line :
    "It has been confirmed by SEB Head office (Swedish bank) that no transaction is possible to your Nordea account".

Seems you are in touch with 1st level support of Nordea which is doing nothing but just looking to your account credit/debit and communicating that no money received while the truth is NORDEA only rejecting our transactions at first level before its reached to your actual account. It might be some other distinct division or Payment gateway who is doing this in Nordea.

I am really surprise why ICICI NRI support was telling lie to us that the problem is solved while the fact is no one in ICICI till now even know what is the exact problem.

Its shocking surprise that a customer had much info than your whole NRI support staff do have. Do check with Nordea and ask them why without specifying any reason to the account owner (which is ICICI) they are rejecting all the transactions coming to your account.

I don't know why they are not providing any reason to you or to the customers whom transactions they are returning back. Its not me, its you ICICI who is holding the account on nordea so you should ask them (but offcourse with right dept in Nordea). Whether we do transfer money from net-banking or visit our local bank to do the transfer in any case its not working and its very well known to all Swedish bank.

After 10 days I got my money returned back, now will look for other ways to transfer money to India and along with me all 20 peoples in my office will do the same.

Extremely unpleasant support !!

//Rohit
    ~~~~~~~~~

• Ko
      21st of Apr, 2012

Dear All,

I am an account holder of Nordea and ICICI bank in India. I came into these two banks and made investments in and around these two banks only for the reason that there is money2india service, which other wise I wouldn't have been.

1. Dear helpdesk, Why would some one need to make a local transfer using IBAN number and so many formalities.
    2. NORDEA Bank a year ago, told me that I cannot transfer money from Nordea to Nordea to the account 3952 79 10226, account in NORDEA Stockholm is owned by an international bank due to the fact that they had too many complaints about money coming in and no one is answering the phone. There is no proper local contact and there are too many complaints from many branches that they people made faulty transfers.
    Once again faulty transfers means the first time users made a mistake in transaction using they social security number which is very common in Nordea etc. If everyone who is a regular user of Money2India, can identify that the ICICI bank started to request our local bank account number from which we are transferring.
    3. However, myself I have to transfer from NORDEA to SEB, and they SEB to ICICI. All this is because of some unresolved issues between nordea and ICICI.
    4. Basically, there was some misuse of the agreement. I least care about it when we kind of got stuck not able to help our families in time back home.
    5. A case number was given by Nordea as well. I got 3 times my money back.
    6. Summarising, the conflict between nordea and Icici shall be resolved immediately. They already confirmed that as it is an international bank with a local gateway number here, we have to use IBAN Number and pay 200 SEK for 1000 SEK I would like to transfer. It is ridiculous.

24th of Apr, 2012

Hi koneru,

We regret the problem caused to you. Please send us your contact details at [protected]@icicibank.com and we shall get in touch with you soon. Kindly refer '2917259' in the subject line.

• We
      29th of Apr, 2012

Hi Mone2India
    I am also facing the same issue with money2India and not able to transfer money to India. I have been contacting ICICI customer care for multiple times for the same reason. Money2India (both wire and online transfer) is rejected by Nordea. I am deeply disappointed with your service.

1st of May, 2012

I am having same problem.. When will this problem actually get solved.. Stop "Regretting" and start doing something about this ICICI

• Ni
      3rd of May, 2012

any updates the issue

• Ra
      3rd of May, 2012

@ICICI : Tell me what will you do after I am sending my contact info to [protected]@icicibank.com ??
    I have been in touch with HEAD QUALITY SERVICE and they too dont know which way this transfer will work, and more over now there is no reply of my mails from there side since 5 days. MY money which was sent to Nordea as per the said process by Head Quality team of ICICI is neither reached to Indian account nor its returned to my local bank even after 15 days.
    Do check SR221340292 and see how the ICICI crooks are working, if this the support of head Quality service then what can be expected form 1st and 2nd level support of ICICI.
    //Rohit

11th of May, 2012

Hi,

We understand that our official has spoken to you and looking into your concern.

• Su
      30th of May, 2012

I also had the same problem and not yet resolved. I got different Servicenumbers every time and a new person to look into this issue.

• Zo
      1st of Jun, 2012

I AGREE, I SHOULD HAVE NOT SENT THE MONEY THROUGH ICICI. IF I DON’T RECEIVE THE SAID AMOUNT BY MONDAY, THIS WOULD BE THE FIRST/LAST TIME I AM SENDING MONEY THROUGH ICICI.

I made a transfer of on May 27 and my account was debited on May 29. But when I track the transfer, it is still in the status of “Money likely to be debited”. It has been two days since the amount has been debited from my account and ICICI claims that it takes 3-5 days for the e-Transfer. Yet it has been over 5 days and I haven’t received the remittance?

12th of Jun, 2012

Hi,
    I have done transfers to India several times using M2I, and was quiet happy with the service. But, when I tried to transfer it last time the money was credited back to my account and I received a letter from SEB saying that this transfer has to be done using IBAN number. I tried to call customer support today and they informed me that they will charge 400SEK for making an IBAN transfer, although the money is transferred to a local bank. Would it be possible to go to Nordea bank directly and deposit the money in the said account? Are there any chances of restoring the services or, if there are any alternative methods of transferring the money?
    Ananth

• Sr
      26th of Jun, 2012

Guys Why do you even open accounts with private banks ?! SBI is the best bank, They have many branches in AP and across india which have BIC code. All you need is your 11 digit Unique account number and your money is there on ur account with in 3 days. They have the best exchange rates.

• Uj
      22nd of Oct, 2012

I have tried to transfer money 2 time in last 3 weeks and both it came back without any reason. I have sent mails [protected]@icicibank.com and [protected]@icicibank.com as well but no response as of now. Very poor service.

• Po
      19th of Mar, 2013

Hi,
    I have a nordea account in sweden and have been trying to make a transfer for the past 10 days to the correspondence account that icicibank holds with nordea.
    As both accounts are nordea i cannot use an international transfer mode so i was told to use a domestic transfer mode . This worked the first time on jan 3rd 2013 and now in march i tried to transfer to the same account it says its not possible to do so.
    So i had to transfer the amount to seb and make a domestic transfer from there .
    The money is debited from my seb account but still does not show up in my icicibank account and i have urgent postdated checks to make and if they bounce its gonna be a big problem for me . Isn't there any way of solving this matter??
    I have written to the nri services and also sent them the debit status from my bank but i haven't received any answer regarding this

• Ku
      15th of Oct, 2013

Guys thanks for all comment. Actually I am new in Sweden and looking transfer money through ICICI but I rather go for some other option

23rd of Oct, 2013

Dear Mr.Desai,

Please send us your contact details at [protected]@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon to assist you. Kindly refer '46146699' in the subject line.