Money Works / Refund policy

1 2778 Cumberland Blvd SE #332Smryna Georgia, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-317-6098

"money works" is a company that has been scamming people with several business names and the inability to refund patrons money at their request! My wife was taken for $990. 00 and we have just begun to fight to recover that loss. She tried to get them to credit her card within two days of the purchase of they refused to do so. Beware of this company! They have used the name "clear breeze solutions" and "financial protection service" in Smyrna Georgia. Keep your credit card in your wallet and negotiate your credit card percentage rate yourself. You don't need them our their shady practices!

Comments

• Sh
      26th of Feb, 2009

i have called .. they say their going to call back in ''a couple hours '', ''an hour and a half '' .. now its 5-10 minutes .. no return calls .. and all over a refund as i don't wish to use their services ... got me for 1500$

• Si
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Beware of this scam, it is very slickly presented. Call your credit card company and report fraudulent activity on your card. The credit card companies have been very helpful.

• Eg
      20th of Mar, 2009

Money Works stated by telephone, i.e., unauthorized telemarketing solicitation, that they would negotiate the reduction my interest rates on my credit card accounts for the service fee of $1, 895, however, before doing so they needed to conduct preliminary evaluations of my financial circumstances and would need my credit card number. It was clearly expressed by me that I did want the service and would not agree to paying any service fees until after I had received an information packet explaining their product guarantees and services; and where I would have the opportunity to ask questions before agreeing or approving any payment of service fees. I also made it clear that I would not agree to any having services performed unless I put in writing, which I did not. Money Works said they would send the information but prematurely and deliberately charged my Bank of America credit card account without my permission and when I called to inquire I was told that they would not cancel their service or refund my service fee of $ 1, 895. A letter requesting that the service fee be rescinded from my credit card account has been requested from the Bank of America ).

• Ti
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    Money Works - Unauthorized billing
    Money Works

They took $1895 off of my credit card to help me with getting help with lovering my credit card interest. It took forever to get a hold of them. They offered me a gas card for $500.00 and I have never received it at all. What is a person to do when people want to rip you off.

25th of Mar, 2009
    Money Works - moeny taken and no service
    money works
    2778 Cumberland Blvd. SE
    smyrma
    moneyworksonline.net

Money works took my money to help me with getting lower intrest rate. Well I joined in Nov of 08 and to this day 3-25-09 I have had the worst serivce there could be they don't call when they say and they say if don't help after six months they will refund your money . That is a JOKE. I have told the a couple times I want a refund but I get no where. I need help!!!

8th of Apr, 2009

Moneyworks contacted me by phone on March 23, 2009. I foolishly agreed to their services ... what a stupid mistake. On Monday, March 30, 2009 I spoke with Crystal Lee at Moneyworks, and cancelled the service. At first, she said I couldn't do it, but lucky for me their is a law in Maryland which states that one has 7 days inwhich to make a cancellation. After I recited that to her, she agreed to refund my money. Ofcourse, that hasn't happened. And, I call, but no one ever returns my phone calls. I contacted my Credit Card company upon which the $990 charge was made. They have withdrawn the amount and are sending Moneyworks a letter of dispute. It is important to keep in mind, that if you have had this money charged to your credit card, you have a 30 day period inwhich to dispute the charge and get your money back. I am also filing a complaint against this company With Consumer Relations in the State of Maryland.

19th of Jun, 2009
    Money Works - lowering interest rates
    2778 Cumberland Blvd. SE Ste. 332
    Smyrna GA
    New York
    moneyworksonline.net

A representative from money works called and offered to negotiate lowering the interest rates on my mastercard. All I needed to do was put 990.00 on my card, which they assurred me would be taken off once I filled out and faxed the paperwork. When I received the paperwork I faxed back to moneyworks in the allotted time but the 990.00 was never taken off my card. The credit card company and collection is now telling me I am over in my credit limit. I am unable to get through to anyone at moneyworks and my credit card company is giving me the run around asking me to fax proof that I sent the paperwork back but when I fax them the paperwork they change their story and tell me I need to send something different. So not only did I lose 990. oo but interest rate has increased and my statemant reads I am over my limit.

• Mo
      30th of Jun, 2009

This company has put me in further debt and lower my credit score. They would not refund my money and did not do anything they said they're company was going to do to help me lower my debt. Because of Money works I have one month to try not to become homeless. If there is anything that can be done to help me get my money back please send me information at mowitstories@yahoo.com. How can we report this company???????

• Mi
      14th of Jul, 2009
    Money Works - Not happy
    Michael Fry
    Arispe
    Iowa
    moneyworksonline.net

I have been trying to contact this website and trying to call too. The wait to talk to a representative is awful. They have not helped us like they said they would and we would like a refund of the $900 that was charged to our credit card. Could somebody please let us know what we can do. Thanks

15th of Jul, 2009
    Money Works - Did not deliver financial freedom.
    PO Box 672856
    Marietta
    Phone: (877) 317-6098
    moneyonline.net

Money Works has failed in lowering my interest rate on my credit cards. I was charge $980.00 and I received a financial analyze showing the same payments I was making before getting involved with Money Works. I wrote to Money Works appeals department and a financial advisor called me and said somebody with contact me by July 13, 2009. Nobody has contact me because this company has every intention of not refunding my money. Money Works has not provided the financial freedom as promised but thet have charged me.

• Rh
      3rd of Aug, 2009
    Money Works - took my money an did not do anything
    3926 ely ave
    Bronx
    New York
    Phone: 718-994-1565
    honeymocah1@aol.com

these people said that theybwould help me to become debt free and all they did was take my $990.00 to so call help me they never call and when i call customer service have an attitude . i starded with them back in 2/10/09 an just on 6/10 /09, they sent me more papers i call them but the line is unavilabe these people are the worst.

• Pe
      7th of Aug, 2009

Someone must file a class action lawsuit! I myself cannot afford to, though I do believe that whomever does recieves an additional amount of money. Something needs to be done. The better business bureau was unable to resolve my dispute for 1, 895.

• Su
      7th of Aug, 2009
    Money Works - did not refund as they told me
    money works/client services
    2778 cumberland
    Smyrna
    Phone: 8002315064
    moneyworksonline.net

Charged for services I cancelled and did not recieve refund on credit card as they promised. Have filed complaint with BBB.

• Pa
    Money Works - Refund
    2778 CUMBERLAND BLVD, SE STE.332
    Smyrna
    Phone: 800-231-5064
    MONEYWORKSONLINE.NET

They assured me that they could reduce my credit card payments with a savings of $4, 000. 00, if not they would reimburse you your money of $990. 00. Well to date my credit card aprs have increased and they have not given me any refund and when i call they say another 30 - 45 days. Now i called and the number is out of order or not the right number. They are a ripoff and a scam. I needed that money and i am in more financial bind then before i signed up with them.

• Bo
      12th of Aug, 2009

Ever hear of Consumer Credit Counseling? They do it for free. If you don't have money to pay credit cards, why would you pay a grand to some scam company? Why didn't you just put the $1, 000 on a card?

• Jp
    Money Works - Money taken for a job not done
    PO Box 672856
    Marrietta
    cs@moneyworksonline.net

Money and information taken to help with credit card debt. The amount of 1295 dollars was taken for their services. Plus I believe they have been using my card in some ways because my payment slip for last month says I had 4900 dollars left before I went over my limit and today the credit company told me I only had 2500 dollars left on my account. But I have never seen any billings on my account to show where this money has went.

• Jp
      12th of Aug, 2009

I agree that all the people did was send me some papers but they are not available for telephone conference like they said they would be.

• Sh
      21st of Aug, 2009
    Money Works - no one anwers back

they were to help me with credit card interest rate, were to lower them.cost$990, but told me i would get my money back if they could not lower my interest rates, it is now 5 months later nothing has happen, can get ahold of anyone, i have 3 phone #, all are invalid.i am now taking care of my cards on my own .

• Pe
      7th of Sep, 2009
    Money Works - Took my money
    Iowa
    rita@netexpress.net

They took me for 990.00 dollars, said they would lower my interest rate. It has gone way back up and no one has called in over two months. I have tried calling many times and none of the phones are now in use. I know I was stupid to do this but it is hard to believe that when people are struggleing to stay ahead others would take advantage of them. Would appreciate infomation as to how we can get our money back and send these jerks to jail.

• Pv
      7th of Sep, 2009

I too fell for this scheme and believed they would lower my debt by $4, 000. Right! They did absolutely nothing but send me paperwork to keep paying what I already have been paying. I was charged $1, 995.00. I changed my account and tried to get them to help me but they are Citibank and won't...but they upped my interest another 3% and then tried to up it again another 4%. Called them to put it back down from 25% to 21%. To make a long story short I am not stopping here. I am informing the Attorney General, the Governor and the BBB. I am mad!!! I had to take on another job to pay this extra debt because your payment does go up when MW charges your account...I want my money back. I am in worse financial shape than before I spoke to them.