Money Network / deactivated my account without notice

7000 Goodlett Farms Parkway, 5th Floor , Cordova, TN, United States

I started using Money Network back in 2011 when the company I worked for gave me the option to direct deposit to a bank or receive money on their Money Network card. At the time I did not have a bank account. I have used their card for almost 5 years now without a complaint and I actually preferred their card over a bank account. I recently switched jobs who also offered the Money Network card as well, but I had a Money Network card here that would be usable instead of opening third account with them. I called to verify in November 2015 that the account was still activate and to receive my account number with routing number to start receiving direct deposits. On December 20th, 2015, Money Network closed my account without my knowledge and deemed the card "inactivate". I received five direct deposits and used the card DAILY at that point. I did not find out until Christmas Eve when my direct deposit did not post and I could not access my account. I called and they told because my card was considered not activate because from July 2014 until November 2015 there was no activity and although I was currently using the account it was still consider inactivate. How that works is beyond me?! I asked multiple times what could be done and why they would continue to allow me to use the account when it was deemed "inactivate" without a real answer. I also asked why I wasn't notified and the response was, "it's automatic." At one point the lady told me there was nothing they could do and I would have to contact to employer to receive my payment as it was "sent back." The supervisor "Gwen" also said the same thing and there was nothing they could do to reverse the account from being closed and I have to contact my employer and get the money sent to a different account. I used Money Network because there was no other account. I used Money Network because I trusted them with my money and the only answer I got was "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do." It was the holidays and I was unable to reach anyone until Monday. I called early December 28th in hopes to get answers and my employer had yet to receive the money back!!! I called Money Network and spoke to a Heidi who was the most helpful, but a little too late. She informed me it takes 1 to 2 business days for the company to get the money back and at the time of me calling they would have been able to reopen my account seeing the pending deposit and I would have been able to receive it then. Unfortunately, I was never told that and the payment was rejected and no way to change that, but wait for my employer to receive the payment back. I have no idea when I will be paid or receive my money. Not to mention it was the holidays and a holiday week again. I pray I get my money by January 4th or I have no idea how I'll make it. I will never ever use Money Network again! I can't believe they allow uneducated people to answer their phones and be called a supervisor. If you are unaware of company policies then you should not even be able to answer questions that you truly don't know the answer to!

Ni