Money Mart / needing to know my employment history in order for me to buy a money order from them

1 98-199 Kamehameha Hwy Aiea, Hawaii, United States

I visited the Money Mart located at 98-199 Kamehameha Hwy Aiea, HI on 12/30/2017 at 2 pm just to get a couple of money orders, and the cashier wanted to know my employment information. When I refused to give her that information, she wanted to take a picture of me??!!! Now I can see needing to verify my employment if I was trying to borrow money from them, but they were going to get money from me, so there was no need to know where I work at. One can go get money orders from 7-11, Times, Wal-Mart and the Post Office, and they do not ask for such personal information. Heck, none of those places even ask for your name or ID card the way Money Mart does when you want to get a money order.

My guess that this rude cashier either 1. was going to use my personal information for fraud purposes or 2. was planning on quitting so she thought she could treat customers anyway she wanted. Needless to say, this place lost my $1, 500, which I then took to the local 7-11 where I got my money orders without any questions.

Ki