Mondial Assistance / Failure to pay claim!

1 P. O. Box 72031Richmond, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-799-2832

My son and daughter bought tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra for my wife and me. The event was to be in Birmingham, Alabama, on January 2, 2010. They thought they were being wise to insure the tickets at the time of the purchase. What a mistake that was! My wife and I left our home in Cedartown, Georgia, allowing ourselves approximately an hour and a half extra driving time. This was in an effort to avoid having to take a chance of getting there late.

Long story short, we were traveling the interstate and had a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere, and were stranded there until Alabama State Troupers arrived to lend help. They were kind enough help with the tire removal and a ride to the next town to have a new tire mounted and balanced. The trooper then gave us a ride back and actually help mount the tire onto the vehicle.

By this time, we'd missed the concert. We simply just drove another couple of hours back home.

Now to the meat and potatoes of this complaint. After documenting the mishap, the trooper's involvement, and the receipts...dates and time, and sending the unused tickets to "mondail, " they say they cannot pay the claim because what happened with our vehicle wasn't mechanical! It for sure was not metaphysical! And it certainly was not planned! How do you describe a vehicle that can't be driven???

What really pi..es me off so, is the fact that our children are both college kids who saved their money for their mom's and my Christmas present. And now we have a junk company who's mixing words to pick their pockets.

This is simply a warning to anyone who might consider throwing away their money on this kind of bogus "insurance!" Please know that I will tell everyone that I know about this incident!

If anyone might be interested, I still have all the documentation and copies of the unused tickets, as proof of what I've written here.

Sincerely,

Kenny Burns
321 College Drive
Cedartown, Ga. 30125

[protected]

Bd

Comments

• Yo
      12th of Dec, 2010

Im sorry this happened to you but I hate to agree. A tire is not a mechanical thing and it says mechanical. They were in the legal right to deny you. If you read the policy you would see that.

• Va
      21st of Aug, 2018

@Youralwayswrong I hope you are an rep of the company in disguise trying to do damage control, otherwise you are one of the stupidest people to post a comment. 8 years ago? Well justice doesn't have a time limit!
    One definition of "mechanical" : the working parts of a machine, ESPECIALLY A CAR.
    A car is a machine and a tire is a part and / or extension of said machine, therefore it qualifies as a MECHANICAL issue. The right thing to do would obviously be to refund people that don't or can't use tickets. P E R I O D. Lastly, your arrogant screen name is wrong. YOU'RE always wrong it seems.

• Va
      21st of Aug, 2018

@Vam The Anomaly Are A rep...I also meant to put "executive" hence the use of the word an. See? Correct your mistakes like I have and stop supporting rip off policies you sheep.

• Ps
      6th of Jan, 2011

Same thing with me. Couldn't attend concert due to girlfriends complications with illness. Sent in doctors documentation, etc. Been getting the run around for well over two months. Would have just sold them at cost if I didn't think I had insurance. Now I am out $400.00. I guess you have to make it be known to the media before they think about paying claims. I will do just that. . . STAY AWAY from this company