Monarch Media Group / Solicitation by Phone

Monarch Media Group
Port Huron Michigan
411 Business Directory
Phone Scam

Unsolicited phone call from Monarch Media asking to update the 411 directory information for our company. 2 weeks later received a bill for $500. No one authorized charges and fees were never discussed. Contacted customer service to reverse charges, remove our company's name from their database, and stop unsolicited phone calls. Customer Service denied request and insisted we pay. Will report to BBB and send a formal letter. Deceptive business practices. BEWARE!

N  27th of Oct, 2008 by
This company called and told me we were up to renew our 411 information. I asked if we do business with them every year. The man said yes. I signed nothing. When I got the bill, I saw their invoice looked home made and was suspicious. This is not through the phone company. They made it sound like they were. I faxed them a letter stating that I do not intend to pay for this. They later called and said the bill was due and that I gave a verbal agreement. They lied and I will not pay this.
A  3rd of Dec, 2008 by
Recevied a call today. To pay our "outstanding balance". When asked what for, "2 year listing". What years? 2008 - 2010. So this is a renewal, not an outstanding balance? Yes. We paid for this before? (we just bought the business 2 years ago). Yes. Who paid for it? Don't know. Must be old owners maybe. Send us an invoice and I want to see what we are paying for. "You can just go online to 411business.us & subscribe but you won't be able to view your listing because it expired in November. We spend December renewing old listings." Now I deal with a lot of advertisers. All legitimate advertisers renew BEFORE expiration and, yes, even our online advertisers give us an ad draft to view. Not legitimate.
N  26th of Oct, 2009 by

Monarch Media Group - Misleading Sales
Roly Poly Sandwiches

This company mislead my partner that they were just confirming our listing with them. So naturally, he confirmed all the usual information. A second call was to 'verify' the information which, again, he did. When he told me about it I immediately knew it was a scam. My partner stated the caller left no phone number to return any calls and the number was blocked on caller ID so that I couldn't follow up. Invoice arrived for a ridiculous $489.99 more than 30 days later with terms of Net 30. Also on the invoice 'No returns shall be allowed without prior authorization.' Invoice indicated it was for a 2 year contract, never mentioned in the phone call. And, oh yeah, they will replay the tape of the conversation that it was an authorized purchase. Invoice also indicates recurring invoices every 6 months for 'listing fees'. And those fees cannot be cancelled without a valid authorization once processed. Looking forward to recieving those.

Plan on filing complaint with Michigan and Alabama States AG and the BBB if they don't credit this invoice and leave us alone.

Watch out for these guys. Our new store policy that I have versed all my staff (including my partner) "We do not accept telephone solicitations."

Buyer Beware
N  27th of Oct, 2009 by
Do not pay these people! Hold to your guns- they will not go any further than bugging the Heck out of you. Let them have the dial tone. Do not fall for it. They are running an illegal scam. IGNORE THEM!