Monarch Media Group / deceptive sales tatics

Apple Tree Daycare
This company called my business and said that they needed to renew the current listing that I already had with them. I asked them if we have done business in tha past and the man said "yes". Then I received an invoice for $489.00 for a listing. I called the company immediatley and they were closed for 2 weeks for the Christmas break. I called again in Jan. of 2009 and just got the run around. I explianed how the person on the phone tricked me to believe that we have done business in the past and that I do not have the money in our budget to add on new ads. They did not care 1 person said that I had 3 days to cancel and when I asked to speak to a supervisior she said that I had 5 days- which is it? And I did try to cancel I got a machine that said that they were closed for 2 weeks. The end result is that I am not paying this bill and the Monarch Media Group said that they will continue to send the bills with interest. I told them to go ahead you can't get money out of someone that does not have it. This company is a big scam- DO NOT take any phone calls wanting ANYONE to update anything- get it mailed to you in writing so you can look it over!!!

A  10th of Jan, 2009 by
The complaint is towards the MONARCH MEDIA GROUP- I am not very savy with the computer and put my business under the company info.
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by
I have the same issue as the other complaintants on here regarding MONARCH MEDIA GROUP. A representative of Monarch Media Group called to "renew" our services with their company. Monarch Media Group was very misleading in their wording and flat out lied by stating this was a renewal and that we have used their services in the past. I called to cancel the service once I received an invoice for $489. They would not let me cancel and said that our verbal agreement was binding. VERY UNETHICAL company. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB and look forward to other companies to do the same.