Monarch Grand Vacations / Fraud and scam

We purchased a time share through Grand Monarch in 2003. WHAT A MISTAKE!! Since then, we can NEVER get any exchanges that we request, not even at our time share location, have paid Interval fees in the hopes that we can get exchanges where & when we want... but no luck!!

This is the VERY WORST investment we have any been roped into. We need to get out of this useless time share problem. We are tired of paying dues for nothing. Do not fall for the same scam!!

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this fiasco?

Va

Comments

• Ed
      24th of Nov, 2008

I just purchase the same Grand Monarch. I originally bought only 72 points in 2000 for $4900. They conned my wife and I to come again and gave us this sale pitch about how much land cost in Las Vegas, how we can sell our weeks if we bought more points, and blah blah blah. We signed the contract on Nov. 5, 2008 for an additional 238 points for roughly $16, 900. We did not put any money down. I just got off the phone with the TimeShare avocate in Santa Barbara. It is going to cost us $999.00 to get out of this contract. This is going to help me greatly due to the financial situation that I am in. Give them a call, they are on the web. Their number is 1-866-644-7776. I am truly greatful for the TimeShare avocate help. They are rated number 1 and has the backing from the better business bureau. I hope this helped you. I am retaining the TimeShare avocate services tomorrow. Good luck.

• Fl
      9th of Feb, 2009

I think MGV is truly a scam. They only allowed 7 days for the contract to be reviewed. They passed their overhead expenses to the timeshare owners but what about other income derived from walk-in customers? Who benifited from that? JUST THINK ABOUT THIS ... With the current economic condition and if MGV goes bankcrupt, ...what are our protection.. it seems that we only owned points to be able to used their resorts not the physical properties. The worst part is the same 155 points that I am still amortizing ($10, 000.00 reamaining balance) is on sale at EBay for only $2, 999.00. What a waste of investment? If this is the scenario, do you still continue paying your monthly amortization? This company wants to milk money from prospective clients. They even charged $7.00 if you pay by phone...what good way to rob other people?

• Po
      11th of May, 2009

I purchased Monarch Grand Vacations points at their Cabo Azul resort in Feb 2008. I have 177 points, which is good for one week, every other year, at one of their "prime" resorts. I paid about $12000 for what I have, and the "upkeep" or HOA is around $150/quarter. I have also seen this exact same thing on sale on the internet for around $2000. Also, $150/quarter means $1200 every two years. Cabo Azul resort rooms (which are very nice, by the way) start at $350/night. This means that same $1200 could get me three nights and some change at that resort - BEFORE I AMORTIZE THE $12000 over however many years. This is the most insanely stupid purchase (NOT INVESTMENT) I have ever made and I hope that no one else makes this mistake. I am going to try this time share advocate thing, but I already paid off my balance so I'm guessing that I am going to be out of luck on this issue - although I sure would pay $999 to get some of my $12000 back!

• Iw
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I work there out of desperation for a JOB at 8.00 / hr during the recession. They hire the lowest form of ### and I am embarrassed to say I work there to anyone I know. My Manager tells people (all the time) he owns a MGV Timeshare, when he DOES NOT. He will lie as easy as the sun comes up. There is another person who bought her 10K timeshare on-line for 500.00. You are right the company is ### because they hire ###. However, they are all driving nice cars and getting paid a tremendous amount of commissions for ripping you off. So while your going to the cleaners and in debt, they are laughing all the way to the bank. I wont lie and not making commission.

• Iw
      22nd of Jun, 2009

OOO-Just to let you know - you cannot get a timeshare reservation because they rent out TS to hotels.com etc. So they are overbooked with reservations of people who are NOT timeshare owners !! They are renting out for cash to whoever will buy and blackballing the TS owners. They wont go bankrupt because of these practices, they are actually making more money than you can imagine by ripping you off. You can stay at the TS cheaper through hotels.com etc, then what you bought it for a life time.

• Ro
      31st of Jul, 2009

MGV is an absolute scam. I highly advise avoiding ANY interaction with them. Their promises of prizes won, and being awarded for your time are not worth it. Their 90 min session starts off nice, then turns into a high pressure sales pitch and they will keep you for hours. If you find yourself (unfortunately) in this situation, just tell them you are not interested in their services, and LEAVE! Forget any bonuses, or gifts that are promised.

2nd of Jul, 2011

i agree with all complaints

• Ba
      5th of Sep, 2011

Has anyone call the 866-644-7776 to get out the MGV? Any success?

• Cf
      2nd of Nov, 2011

We have been owners with MGV for 20 years. When we first bought it for $14000.00 we used it 5 or 6 times a year. Then we moved out of state and can't get anything close to us or traded. We have been trying to get away from the dues that will milk you dry. They are now going to REPOSSES our points and ruin our credit...for POINTS! What a group of losers!

• Sc
      24th of Apr, 2013

i PAID MY TIMESHARE FOR 7800/PAID OFF SINCE 2009. MGV INCREASED MY ASSOCIATION DUES TO $86/MO THAT i HAVE TO PAY FOR A LIFETIME. i GOT BEHIND PAYING MY DUES BECAUSE MY HUSBAND GOT LAID OFF. Now they are telling me its all gone i dont own any timeshare and my membership is porfeited. I just found out by calling them, they did not notify me through phone, email or mail. Heartless and really a scam. Worst buying ever I ve done in mylife.

• Ow
      30th of Apr, 2013

I purchased in 2010 and have been unhappy ever since. I called and spoke to several people at MGV and Diamond and have only grown more and more angry at their fraudulent and deceptive practices. One particular person who answered my call had been trained to dodge any and all questions and proof for my contract to be cancelled. That was the moment I decided to make a documentary exposing them.

It would be great if I could get help from all of you on this subject, or if you would like to have your story filmed for the documentary. Please contact me at ownershipdoc@gmail.com and we can discuss it further.

There has to be a way to get out of these useless and worthless contracts!

• Ti
      25th of Nov, 2013

I want to get rid out my 86 points from MGV willing to pay the transfer fee. denciodog23@yahoo.com

• Al
      11th of Dec, 2015

Timeshares are never a good purchase and timeshare owners need to be cautious about this. There are lots of timeshare scams. I recommend you to read a good article with good information about timeshare issues: http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/206-how-to-get-out-of-a-timeshare/

• Cr
      26th of Dec, 2017

Ever since Diamond Resorts absorbed Monarch I have not been able to make a reservation. I just want to get rid of it.. It is already paid off. email me at cramer1333@yahoo.com

• Po
      9th of Mar, 2018

I made a down payment to Diamond and then told them I lost my money and wanted to turn the timeshare back. They informed me I would have to sell it myself. I really didn't know much about how to go about this. I have never used this timeshare (points). I did not hear from Diamond for years and then Monarch purchased it and I get billed every month. I have never paid more than the down payment which as about $1500. I am getting phone calls from people who say they are attorneys and will sell my timeshare. I believe that paying them up front is a scam also. I am 77 and on Social Security. I originally purchased this in the first part of 2009.