Moms UIF Assist / Refund

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have paid Moms UIF assist R600-00 to help me claim maternity UIF. All to find out from the Department of Labor, that I don't qaulify for maternity uif (I earn only commission). The staff at Moms UIF Assist wasn't aware that commission earners don't qualify. Now I battle to get a refund from them! I paid for a service which I did not receive. In fact they waisted my time & money because they don't have the proper knowledge of claiming UIF. I have contacted them numerous times & I don't get any response. they e-mailed me on the 13th of May to get my banking details for the refund, but I never received it.

• Promedis's Response, Mar 31, 2017

Would like feed back on my UIF claim id 5905070029181 ifo NMC Maia please and thank you

Comments

• Mo
      28th of May, 2009

Moms UIF Assist Reply
    Posted: 2009-05-28 by Mom's UIF Assist Reply

Answer to Marihet

Complaint Rating:
    In answer to Marihet about her refund. We did pay her, her refund on the 22 of May. Up until this date I was not in my offices because of the Baby Expo in Jhb. On our website it is clearly stated that you can only claim UIF 1) if UIF is deducted from your salary 2) that if you only work on commission you can not claim UIF. This is the law and is also in the Act that is freely available on the Labour website. I also feel that the clients employer/HR department should have informed her about this when she was employed or at least when she fell pregnant. In the agreement that the client signed she also signed that she checked on her payslip that UIF is deducted from her salary. The moment that we receive a client’s agreement form we start doing work on her file. This cost time and money. The client signed the agreement willingly and the amount that was refunded to her was the amount that she agreed upon when she signed the contract. We do have some new employees that could not have know that she could not claim UIF but this has been rectified by some more training. We at Moms UIF Assist strive to help and serve our clients since 2005. We have assisted more than 7000 clients in this time.

18th of Mar, 2011

Well how would you answer this. My wife has gone on maternity leave unpaid. She received her first payment from UIF in January around the 25th. It is now the middle of March and we are battling to get the second payment. I have went to the UIF office 6 times submitting the same forms with my new borns birth certificate, they say now that on her payslip it gives a different date to what they have on their system. Anyway we got her employers accountant to write out a letter stating that her commencement date was typed in wrong, this is what they wanted us to do (UIF). So we sent them the letter only to find out that they have not received it. We sent it again and again and again, until we received an email from them acknowledging receipt, on that email as well they say we have to wait another month before getting our money, which is End of April. My wife would be back at work that time from maternity leave. They are incompetent fools, we pay UIF faithfully every month and we go through this. They themselves do not know the procedures of UIF or they are just simply lazy. Please can you assist us as we are finding it hard to cope with only one salary being brought in.

• Ka
      7th of Jun, 2016

These people are thieves - i have just been through the same agoney as the other people complaining here. Its disgusting and they need to take accountability for stealing money from women needing it for their maternity.

• Pr
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Mom’s UIF Assist - UIF Claim
    Pretoria
    Portugal

Hi i gave in documents for my UIF id 5905070029181 ifo NMC Maia and i havent had feedback from you guys need help please