Momentum Direct / unauthorized payments!

I too ordered the free trial. I did receive the pills but could not take then because of medication I am taking. I called to cancel right away. The man said ok he would cancel my order. Only thing is two checks had already been written on my account. One for $49.95 and one for $58.95. I wish I had seen the complaint board before ordering. I spoke with my bank and I can contest the charges so that is what I am going to do. I will make a copy of all the complaints to help my case.

Comments

• Pa
      22nd of Sep, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I returned this product that didn't work and i also spoke to David 4 times and he keeps telling me my refund is in the mail and i still have not rec'd it. You never can talk to anyone because all you ever get is a recording.

Help smb, they are ripping off people like me!

• Gr
      22nd of Sep, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I canceled my order within 2 weeks and they still took money from my checking account without my authorization (2 separate times), over $100.00! I called and spoke to David Beeson who is suppose to be a Manager of some sort, he told me that my money would be refunded the next day... this is more than a week later and I still haven't received my refund!!! This is nothing but a scam! And now when I try to call, I don't get any answer.

• Au
      5th of Oct, 2006

I canceled my order within the two weeks time frame and returned their product, my account was charged for $49.95. I have called them several times and all you get is a recording. I have sent two emails to this company and they have not responded to them. This company is a scam and a fraud. Please help before other people like me get duped and scammed.

• Fr
      5th of Oct, 2006

I received the first shipment which did not work. Canceled it. Then 4-5 months later they send me another shipment which I did not request.

Take money without authorization!
    Charge account after cancelation
    Unauthorized charges

They need to be sued!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Va
      11th of Oct, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

The 2-day slim is the name of the product. you are supposedly given a trial period to see if the product works and if not satisfied they are not suppose to charge you. I canceled in january 2006 and they still debited my account. I had surgery and couldn’t get one of my medications due to this company. when I contacted them in january they stated that they were behind 4 weeks on refunds. well I waited and waited and never got one. I call numerous times and get a recording. I email and don’t get any response. the last human I spoke with was about 2 months ago whom stated a manager was going to be sure my refund check was mailed that day. well here is almost the end of july and still no refund. I thought they went out of business or something due to the lack of response but I still get “spam” email (and I even have a different email from when I originally corresponded to them) from them and see their websites all over the place. if anyone has any additional information besides the phone number 281-356-1400 and email below please help. to everyone: please do not buy anything from them!!! save your money and protect your financial account (s).

Please feel free to contact them or forward this message to customer service - 281-356-1400
    Home office fax - 281-356-1405
    Email: support@momentumworldwide.com

• Ki
      16th of Oct, 2006

I have tried the product and dislike it. I tried to call and they are not answering my calls. Will someone please help me?

• Al
      24th of Oct, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I ordered a trial of PermaSlim and decided to keep the bottle. Since then the company has been submitting electronic checks (at least two so far). I contacted them via telephone (message machine only--no one EVER answers the phone!) and via e-mail. They did not respond, but they did process another electronic check and removed another $58.93 from my account. I have contacted my state's attorney general's office for guidance and direction on how to process various complaints against them. I am going to the bank to file a dispute tomorrow, but I have been told that in order to protect myself from further withdrawals, I must close the account. This means I have to expect that these thieves will send me a paper check refund. If anyone would like to contact me regarding their efforts and their success on dealing with the company, OhhhhAlli@aol.com. I am especially interested in knowing if there is a federal office that investigates and handles consumer fraud on the internet. To all those who have been burned by this company, I say do what we can to publicize their dirty methods.

• Fr
      14th of Nov, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

Anyone who has had unauthorized bank charges for products they returned or never received from Momentum Direct need to file complaints with the following organizations. These are agencies that can file criminal charges against these scammers. But it is up to us to take action.

Texas Attorney General

Federal Trade Commission

Internet Crime Complaint Center (Associated with the FBI)

ALSO, go to your bank and immediately close your checking account. That will stop further charges.

The Better Business Bureau has 203 complaints against this company. They do provide additional information that may help.

ADDITIONAL TRADENAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS
    This business also uses the following names, addresses and/or telephone numbers:

Momentum Health & Nutrition

(281) 356-9979
    (281) 356-9939
    (281) 356-1400

COMPANY MANAGEMENT.

Additional company management personnel include:
    Robert Jones, Owner and Chris Jones.

The Bureau has attempted to contact the company at the following addresses and has received returned mail from each of the addresses listed below as of today:

17350 Tomball Parkway Suite 330 77064
    1010 S. Magnolia Blvd, Tomball, 77375
    PO Box 665 Magnolia, TX 77353
    6922 Prarie Village Drive Katy, TX 77449

20th of Nov, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

Momentum Direct charged my account and I received no product from them yet. And the number is not reachable at all.

• Ki
      29th of Nov, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

Contacted and spoke to a representative and they stated they would cancel my account and future charges. Never refunded the cancellation and charged for the next month at a higher amount than it was agreed to. Now the phone number is disconnected and I placed a stop pay on future charges which the bank charged me a fee for that. But they cannot guarantee that will stop it if they do not charge the same amount as they were supposed to. Also tried to dispute with the bank and they said since I authorized the first transaction, its not a dispute and there is nothing I can do. Well i am doing something by cancelling my account with my bank making complaints and filing reports everywhere.

• Do
      11th of Dec, 2006

The same happened to me but I am in the UK! What do I do??

• Ke
      21st of Dec, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

Ordered a FREE trial product from momentum direct where it says you only have to pay for shipping. The only method of payment they accept is an electronic check. After I had not received anything for a few weeks I tried to contact the company at (281) 356-1400. The phone would ring twice then disconnect. I tried to call several times but still the same thing. Then today I had another electronic check posted to my bank account with the same check number as the one that I had used to pay for the shipping. It was from momentum direct for 49.95. I did not authorize any such payment and was very upset, especially since I never received anything from them. The same number I had tried to call before was on the check. I tried to call it again, and still the same thing as before. I gave it another try and a women answered. I told her my problem and she gave me another number to call (281)356-9939. Only no matter how many times you call all you get is an answering machine. I then tried to call the other number back to talk to that women again but the number no longer worked and all I got was a disconnected tone. Also their email address is home@momentumdirect.net, but don't expect to get an answer. Their website is www.momentumdirect.net. And their mailing address is:

Momentum Direct
    1010 South Magnolia Boulevard
    Magnolia, TX 77355

So I had to close my bank account. And right before Christmas too. So beware and if you are having the same problem with this company then call you bank right away and file a forgery claim and they will block your account and you will have to open a new one. Also file as many complaints about this company that you can. We need to put a stop to this company.

• La
      26th of Dec, 2006
    Momentum Direct - Canceled and no refund

I, like the others who have complaints, sent for the free trial then have been charged 49.95 and 58.93. I have never received any product. I called the number and talked to someone who said they would direct my complaint to the "home office" and I would receive a refund.

After reading these other complaint I realize this will never happen. I can't believe I was this stupid. In this day and time I should more careful. I just hope we can stop this company before they get away with more people's money.

• Al
      27th of Dec, 2006

Momentum Direct charged me but did not send anything.

• Va
      28th of Dec, 2006

Momentum Direct is a fraudulent company who steal people's money while claiming to have a diet product that will allow you to lose a substantial amount of weight in 2 days. They take money from your checking account without your knowledge or consent and you never receive anything from them. You cannot contact them by phone because you cannot get through and they do not reply to your e-mails they simply ignore them.

Because of Momentum Direct I have incurred $192 in insufficient funds fees because they randomly pulled money out of my checking account and other things bounced causing me to incur the fees.

Momentum Direct also took (stole) money from my checking account without my knowledge or consent and I NEVER even received their product.

Momentum Direct is a bogus company. They are thieves and frauds. They should be put out of business before more innocent people trying to lose weight get RIPPED OFF!

• Le
      1st of Jan, 2007

The very same thing happened to me. I ordered the free trial and was supposed to only pay shipping. I did so with my debit card. Then about 6 weeks later, Momentum submitted an electronic check for $49.95 to my bank and got that money by fraud and now I noticed that they just submitted yet another electronic check for $58.93. I called and got my Debit card cancelled and a new one issued to me. I believe this will stop the charges since they did not have my bank account number or routing number. They only had my debit card/VISA number. I made complaints to the Texas Attorney General's office since this is where they are based out of but heard nothing back. I too only get a message when I call and have written them but have heard nothing.

This is truly a huge problem and something should be able to be done with this company.

• Li
      6th of Jan, 2007

They got me too! I had to shut down my checking account and open a new one. They sent me 1 two ounce bottle, which did not work. They proceeded to take 49.95 out of my account for 6 months!!! This was for 1 two ounce bottle. My bank finally caught it. When I called them to cancel, they sent me another bottle, making it two bottles in 6 months. I sent it back. They will not send me back my money or take calls. Please somebody sue them!!!

• Ba
      8th of Jan, 2007

I am fired up they took money from my account after I cancelled with in the trial period time now I also have to open up a new bank account which is a pain since my husband gets direct deposit in this account yes these people need to be stopped. I tried several ways to contact them also but no luck they never get back to you. This just sucks how they can just take your money.

• Da
      16th of Jan, 2007

Direct Momentum. Advertising is false...I only agreed to the free trial offer and not the $117.00 they are taking from my account on a monthly basis. I have called and spoke to someone and advise them to cancel and I returned the product and no refund received in the mail and they are still taken money out of my account. I have to close my bank account and get a new bank account.

• Pa
      16th of Jan, 2007

I ordered and agreed to pay the $4.95 shipping and handling for the 2-Day slim Down product. I now have been charged an additional $49.95 and $58.83 using the bank account routing number I gave them. Now I can't get them to return the funds to my account even though I sent the original product back and never received the second product. I spoken to people at the company several times who said they would send a refund check in the mail. Is there any help available to me? I don't want to just complain to others like me, I want to know if there is anything I can do to get help. I've filed complaints with the Better Business bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. My bank says close the account is all they can do to help (I'm VERY disappointed in Bank of America).