Momentum Direct / Amazon Diet Pills / Debiting account without my consent

I ordered a free trial (had to pay for shipping $2.74) of Amazon Diet Pills , the product never came and 17 days later, I find that my account has been debited (without my consent) for an additional $49.95 =$52.69 for NOTHING!! I am so upset, that this company has done this and from what I have researched on the internet I'm not the only one that has been ripped off. I called the number that was listed on the check they cashed and the person that answered (customer service) couldn't help me and gave me a different number to call. That number just rings and rings. No refunds no nothing. Stop this company from doing this to trustworthy people.

Ju

Comments

• Cy
      24th of Sep, 2007

I have also been scammed by Amazon diet. They created false checks and submitted them to my bank, every 2-3 weeks for a total of 4X's and never received any product. With their product and over draft charges, I lost almost $350. I called the number listed in their web site and the person I talked to said she didn't know who Amazon Diet was.

Couldn't we gather a large amount of people scammed to file complaints with the BBB, the governing entity of internet content, or something similar?

29th of Sep, 2007

I too have been scammed. So far $80.00 . what can be done about this? Can we get our money back?

29th of Sep, 2007

I have been scammed too for $80. What can we do?

• Re
      1st of Oct, 2007

I'V ASKED THE AMAZON DIET PEOPLE IS THIS A GOOD PRODUCT FOR DIABETCS AND THEY NEVER ANSWERED. I'VE TRIED TO E-MAIL THEM AND YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS. I WANT THEM TO STOP AND NOT TAKE ANY MORE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT FOR A PRODUCT THAT THEY CAN'T ANSWERE QUESTIONS ABOUT.

• Ho
      3rd of Oct, 2007

I knew that the trial was that you had to cancel and send the pills back in TWO WEEKS, which is ridiculous, but I had to do it for this other thing, so I did it, promising myself to be careful in checking my account, etc.

Anyway, I emailed them at their "home@momentum..." email before the two-week mark.

I said "I didn't get ANY pills yet but I know you will start charging me the monthly fee if I didn't cancel and send the bottle of remaining pills back in two weeks. Tomorrow is the two-week mark so you HAVE to respond to tell me when you plan on charging the monthly fee, when the pills were sent, and the exact date I have to SEND them back."

They just responded to my email with "We canceled your account so you will not be charged anything. Since you did pay the 5 bucks for shipping to start the trial, we did send your pills, so just send them back, but we canceled your account so you won't be charged further."

I'm relieved, but I'm still going to check my account every day for a while to make sure they really don't charge me!

• Lo
      8th of Oct, 2007

They have taken over $300 away from me. Customer service cannot give me any info.

• Gl
      25th of Oct, 2007

I received a trial bottle of pills and before the first week of the trial period I was debited with two checks for $49.95 and @35.98. I called and talk with someone in customer service, and was told to send back in same envelope. I did that on the 20th of October, and yesterday I received notice that another check for $59.95 was taken out of my account. I just want my money back and they can keep the product.

• Cr
      17th of Feb, 2008

Uht oh...dont tell me this...they owe me 450 dollars and i was told to send in a copy of my bank statement...

• Vi
      19th of Sep, 2008

Momentum Direct stole $149.90 from my checking account causing me $300.00 in overdraft fees. I ordered Amazon diet on 08/08/2008 for $4.74 and cancelled the 14 day trial on 08/19/2008 and returned the product to:

Momentum Direct Returns
    1010 S. Magnolia Blvd.
    Magnolia, TX 77355

The company then debited my checking account on 08/29/2008 for $149.90 without my consent or knowledge. I called amazon diet (1-866-539-8804) on 09/04/2008 to dipute the charge and spoke to a guy named Nick who was obviously from India. Nick assured me if I faxed my bank statement to them, they would refund the charge and the overdraft fees. I faxed my statement the same day and when I called to confirm they received it, I spoke to Mac, also from India, who assured me they had received it and I would receive a refund in 10 days. I then called again on 09/15/2008 to check the status of the refund and spoke to Michael, also from India, who said I would have to speak to the accounting department (1-281-356-7213). I have been calling the "accounting department" for 5 days now and they never answer the phone and they do not return your call when you leave a message. Now magically I can't even reach anyone at the first # I had been calling. Either they don't answer at all or an Indian representative answers and says they are not amazon diet and I have the wrong #. I've explained to several representatives that I have used this same # to reach amazon diet and they either hang up or they just keep repeating that I have the wrong # and that they are either 2-day slim down or 20 minute facelift, relying on there broken english to distract from giving any sort of real explanation or human response. So needless to say I have not received any refund and it doesn't look like I am going to.

This company has already been prosecuted by the Texas Attorney General and Harris County District Court issued an asset freeze and temporary restraining order prohibiting Momentum Direct, L.L.C., and its owners, Robert B. and Christopher M. Jones, from making unauthorized bank account withdrawals from customers who attempted to cancel their orders, or who did not desire the defendants’ products in the first place.

If you have been scammed by this company through any of these offers:

amazon diet
    2-day slim down
    20 minute facelift

please file a complaint with www.bbbonline.com and with www.oag.state.tx.us the more complaints they have the more action will be taken. I can't believe Robert B. and Christopher M. Jones can live with themselves stealing from people the way they do. If anyone in Texas knows these disgusting monsters please let them know what ### they are.