ModelManagement Inc. / Pure scam

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Too bad for me!! I'm so naive, stupid... They told me I had the look and I actually paid $795 for a photo shoot and a promised book that I never received so far. They said I had to pay because I did not have any professional pictures. The photo shoot was cool though, I had a make up artist and someone doing my hair.
I was so excited, The lady in charge, Jeridette Donaldson, show me comp cards of other models that look so good and she mentioned she will send me to gigs on a regular basis. After 3months now, I still didn't receive anything, no phone call, no one returning mine... I tried to go back to their office but the security guy won't let me in because I don't have an appointment.

In finale, I found out that Jeridette was no longer working here:-( don't even know what to do.

So
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Md
      7th of Jan, 2011

Plain and simple you were scammed.
    All aspiring models feel compelled to take the photos because they belive those who are misleading them.
    I know of Miss Donaldson and she does not have any viable contacts in the industry at all.

Your best bet is to look for photographers who are trying to build their own portfolios. They will give you your photos in exchange to use them in their portfolio as well. Take losts of pictures. Today's aspiring photographers are better than some of the established ones! You can get tons of photos for free! Explore the opportunity! Check listings on Craigslist to start. Make sure to avoid the "Lingerie Photographers".. just look for ones who say they will give free shots to actors and such..

Never ever pay any agency ANYTHING... EVER.
    Get your photos done.. gather them.. Print 8x10s of each and put in a nice book. Then take those to agencies that are well known and they will tell you if you have what they are looking for.

Dont get discouraged beause the needs of these agencies and their clients changes daily. It is persistent work but you must be to make it. Always be prompt and professional and polite. This is all you need to make it. Best of luck to you.

Remember models of all sizes, ages, shapes, and colors can get work today. Especially since real marketing is targeted towards real people today.

I am a former Director of Talent and Media Relations for a Major modeling agency.
    I no longer work in this industry but my advice is still valid.
    Please do not pay anyone in the future. EVER.

If an agencty wants you.. they will take care of everything. PERIOD.
    Take care.