MODAFONE / overcharging

This company is a fraud. I signed up with them in November, 2009. After I made my first international call, I received the bill in December right before the holidays. The next day I mailed the check thinking that it will get there in time. In January I did not get a bill from them and I assumed, because I did not call anywhere I did not owed them any money. Boy was I wrong. Today Feb 25 I got the bill from them and to my surprise I owe them $12.10 and that includes late fees from January, and a $4.82 "credit recovery fee". My usage for Feb was $1.04 plus junk fees. Trying to talk to them the first time I got nowhere but by my second attempt I got the $4.82 removed which made my bill around $7 and some change but there was a catch, only if I pay now with a credit card and the payment has to be $10.00 therefore I should look for a credit in my next billing cycle. I was also promised 500 minutes to anywhere, which by now, I don't think I will ever see. I am very disappointed with their deceptive practices, and by the way they round up the bill without telling you, hopping that you wouldn't see the overages. I also found out that this company is not even registered with the FCC. My advice to anyone is to stay far away from them. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS AND LIARS.

Comments

• De
      24th of Nov, 2010

This is what happened to me. I cancelled service with them and received my last bill for my last payment and I sent it on time and they claim it was one week late and now are hitting me with a bill of over $10 for this. Nowhere on the bill does it say late fees either just fees for everything but the kitchen sink. When I called to complain they were very rude to me and did not care at all. I was told I have to pay. This company is a scam and offer low rates but the amount of fees you pay takes the rates to double. Stay away from this company.

• Se
      4th of Jan, 2011

Do not use this company for your long distance calls.I had to cancel service, after less a month, due to bad connection.After that had to pay three times recovery fee even I did not have calls at all.Over all paid more then $30 for nothing.Fill complaint with BBB, but company said they did not do any wrong.ones again DO NOT USE MODAFONE.