[Resolved] Mobicelmobicel candy

I purchased a Mobicel Candy recently. The internal memory is over 95% full before I downloaded any apps. Since downloading the FNB and Wats up app, the phone Internal memory is almost full (3.93GB). I cannot open pics, audio, videos ever since. The phone is now too slow.

I called helpdesk at Mobicel, I was put through a call centre agent then to a Supervisor, named Wayne. I explain the problem, and he advised:

1. I should have checked the phone before buying the phone, I advised Wayne this is not allowed, as you have to first pay before the phone is opened. This is the norm at any store. The phone on display has no battery in them, therefore you cannot check this phone either. you have no opportunity to check internal memory before purchase. Also this is not normal practice to check internal memory before purchase, as one don't expect it to be almost full as a brand new phone.

2. I explained that the internal memory is over 95% full when purchased, why would a manufacturer sell such a phone as this will effect the functioning of the phone.

3. Wayne got angry and shouted out that I should have read the technical info on box???

4.Wayne advise that the phone is a entry level phone, and that its unlike any smartphones. My question is...Why would the manufacturer load apps like other smartphones, but we are expected not the use it anyway.

5.Wayne further confirmed the latest phones have more internal memory space, I think someone know there is a fault in the internal memory of the Candy phone.

Mobicel must come to some arrangement or refund customers for this error, and call centre agent must be sent for more customer centred training.

• Resolution statement

• Mobicel Customer Care's Response, Nov 21, 2018

Hi Lenny

As per one of our agents, she explained to you what needs to be done for prompt and efficient assistance.
    We will be awaiting your call so that we can book the device in.

Team#Mobicel#