MNI*CreditRPT Services / Unauthorized transactions

I have seen on the site that I am not the first this has happened to. They are taking 9.95 a month out of my account hoping that I won't notice. ###. What can I do? I have contacted my bank about the issue.

Beware!

Comments

• Mi
      9th of Jun, 2007
    MNI*CreditRPT Services - Unauthorized Charge

My bank account was charged by MNI*CREDITRPT SERV. The only credit report I have ever done was free. I have no idea what this charge was/is for; nor do I know how they received my credit card number. I want my money back and my information erased. Beware of this scam!

9th of Jul, 2007

They do this to me every few month. All of a sudden there is not one charge, but 2 charges a month on my credit card and I have to waste my time and effort to get it off. They are ###.

10th of Jul, 2007

8664084016 That phone number dose not work. Call your bank and have them stop payment on them.

• Em
      11th of Jul, 2007

My boyfriend and I just had this happen to us! He canceled his account with freecreditreport.com on 3/24/07 and they in turn passed his information on to MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES. Anyone that cancels should make it a point to tell freecreditreport.com not to pass their information on to anyone!

14th of Jul, 2007

This company needs to be shut down!! It is pure ### that they do this to people. I had to close my credit card so they would stop. Not to mention that i never requested any other services from then other than my credit report!!! Shame on them.

• St
      16th of Jul, 2007

I woke up this morning and checked on my credit card like I normally do, and there was a charge on there for $9.95 from MNI*CreditRPT Services. It really pissed me off. I wasn't even sure which site I was being charged from. I went to a couple of different places to get my credit report a month and a half ago and have long since forgotten. Then I did a search online and found this complaint board. I did a little more searching online then checked my email and found out who this was coming from. The one thing I remember from the site (My.CreditReport.com) is that they say "We won't charge your card!" I guess I missed the part about where they will charge your card a month from now and you will have no way of contacting us after that.

After a LOT of digging around on their site I was able to get a phone number and have since called them and canceled my "membership". The guy on the phone tried really hard to keep me a member, since my membership is canceled the day I call, and not at the end of the month I've paid for. I told him that since this charge came from out of the blue I don't want another one a month from now because I've forgotten about it again. He was a little rude after that, but I've canceled it and have a cancellation number to prove it. For those of you out there that want the number to call them, it's (800) 720-4420.

Here is what it says on their site after the phone number.

Your credit card will NOT be charged if you cancel during a free trial period. After the free trial period, you may cancel the service at anytime and stop future monthly billings; however, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of your current month's paid membership fee.

--But, again it says nothing about you forfeiting the rest of the months services because you cancel early.

Hope this helps.

1st of Aug, 2007

They got me as well as you folks. Anyone who reads this please take note- freecreditreport.com is not FREE. They will charge you despite the fact they claim the report is free. Luckily for me, my bank has resolved the issue, however, i filed a complaint with the federal trade commission and i urge all of you who have been SCAMMED to do the same. www.ftc.gov. This company is a high-tech rip-off website.

To anyone who may read this who has not used freecreditreport.com-----STAY AWAY.

I hope this helps someone. Good Day, and Good Health to all.

• Ho
      3rd of Aug, 2007

They billed me twice (2x $9.95) on my credit card. The scary part is that I didn't even order a free credit report for myself! When I called the phone number that my credit card gave me (800-720-4420), I was immediately greeted by "can you provide me your social security number please"! Um, no!

Anyway, I told them that my card was charged twice a week ago, I didn't order anything from them, etc. They said hold for the dispute department (hold 20 min.) The dispute rep told me that my card had been used to order two credit reports for two other people. He then proceeded to tell me that I had to file a police report and do all of this legwork to simply have them reverse the charges. I then said "ah, so that's your scam... you place these charges on people's credit cards then make it so painful to reverse them that they don't bother. Can you repeat that process, please so I can document it and place it on this blog." He said "Have a good day" and hung up on me.

I called my CC company back (Chase) and told them what had happened. Luckily, they reversed the charges immediately.

• Ke
      8th of Aug, 2007

I was also charged $9.95 twice in June 07 and now again $9.95 twice in August 07. I have never even heard of the company (MNI CREDITRPT SERVICES). I called my credit card company(Juniper/Barclays) and I have to do a dispute form and fax it in and wait approximately 30 days. However, they cannot stop any future charges. They gave me 2 phone numbers(866-408-4016 & 800-720-4420) to the supposed company and of course both of their answering machine stated: office is closed, no one is here now, goodbye. That was it. I am sending a copy of these complaints along with my dispute form/letter to my CC company. We have all been scammed.

• He
      8th of Aug, 2007

Thank God I found this board. MNI*CreditRPT Services, My.CreditReport.com are the biggest scammers ever. They fooled me twice. People please always check your bank account every day if you can. My bank is going to refund my $$ back and issue a new card. Yes, I did call the (800) 720-4420 number and they won't answer and won't let you leave a voice mail of course... LIARS...

We need to stop these people because we don't need to go through this dilemma because of those THIEF. I am going to complaint to www.ftc.gov wight now and you should all do the same. I am tired of people trying to make easy money... LISTEN MNI*CreditRTP piece of crap... MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES OK. You are going down...

• Me
      9th of Aug, 2007
    MNI*CreditRPT Services - 9.95 taken off of my credit card
    MNI*CreditRPT Services

I had signed on for a free credit report online, and apparently my information went to this company. I'm not sure how they received my credit card information, but I've had 9.95 taken off of my credit card for the past 2 months. I have talked to my bank, so hopefully they'll help me figure out this mess!

11th of Aug, 2007
    MNI*CreditRPT Services - Unauthorized Charge

This "company" are charging $9.95 per month to my Credit Card. I called to my bank in Puerto Rico (US) regarding this issue and they told me that this "company" will have to cancel the charges first before they can do it. What can I do in this case?

Please advise smb!

• Ro
      12th of Aug, 2007

Sorry for my English :Today I was charged $9.95, I called and I had to chose SSN or Credit Card Number (totally illegal), no other options. The woman did not give me her last name only her first name and her extension number. Later she could see my name on her monitor (after I gave my SSN, I know, I know I should not do that, BUT I did not have any other option). After that she said, you membership has been canceled. Have a nice day !

THIEVES !! I hope that this is the end of the story, otherwise these thieves will have HUGE TROUBLES !

Thanks to the people above,
    Rod.

CreditReport.com go to hell!!!

• Ro
      12th of Aug, 2007

All they do is rip people off and give you nothing in return. We need a class action law suit.

• Da
      21st of Aug, 2007
    MNI*CreditRPT Services - Unauthorized charges!

I want this charge to be stopped. I did not authorize this. There was false advertising stating that it was a free credit report. If action is not taken due to this charge I will take it upon myself and the courts. I want to know how to get rid of this charge. I know this is not the first complaint and I can guarantee it will not be the last against this company. It needs to be stopped!!!

• Fr
      22nd of Aug, 2007

I did not verify this continues $9.95 charge that is on my bank account monthly.

People beware!

• Ry
      24th of Aug, 2007

I got screwed by these people as well! [censored] THEM! I called the company and they said that I signed up for some monthly monitoring but I never did. I canceled my membership and they said they would refund my money, we will see. I had also canceled my credit card because of these charges, so I am not sure how they would refund it. Everyone beware of this scam, it just proves the point NOTHING IS FREE.

• Kr
      27th of Aug, 2007

My card was charged and I never authorized the charges. Then when I called them they said they never charged my card.

• Ca
      3rd of Sep, 2007

I asked them to remove me from their services, but i see $11.95 .on my card, all i ask for was the free ,one time use, don't understand why this is still happen to me ,please help, help. car lean blear And now it keeps on and on telling me , that my code is to old or uncreate.

• Li
      6th of Sep, 2007

Alright... this charge (the $9.95) has shown up on my credit card now too. Only problem is, I am in Iraq in the middle of a frigging war, and there are no phone lines that I can use... only satellite internet! Anyone know how to get a hold of these people via the web and get my 'membership' canceled?? I'm so tired of dealing with these scamming companies that say they'll never charge your credit card... wait a good few months till you've forgotten what site it was, and then start stealing your money right out from underneath you!! Someone has got to put a stop to this!