MNI*Credit Report Services / Unauthorized charges to credit card

I did not authorize MNI*Credit Report Services monies to be charged to my credit card, tried calling always busy. Someone help me, please.

Comments

• Am
      24th of May, 2007

I had unexplained charges on my account from this same company and I'm trying to find out where they are so I can get a phone number. Does anyone have any information?

Thanks!

• Da
      20th of Jun, 2007

I was fortunate to have saved the original email creditreport.com sent me because it included the following toll free number. 1-800-720-4420 I was able to get through to a representative in a few minutes who provided me with a cancellation confirmation number.

20th of Sep, 2007

You may not need the toll free number, after all. If you can obtain it, follow the directions from the gentlemen above. If not, then call you credit card company and file a claim. Legally speaking, you should also file a police report and have another card issued to you. These things are way too important to be taken lightly, no matter how small the amount.

29th of Sep, 2007

I discovered a charge on my credit card for $11.95 that I did not authorize from MNI*Credit Report Services also. I used the 800-720-4420 number to contact the company, get a concellation number and hopefully resolve the matter. I plan to file a claim against the company through my bank and file a police report if necessary. I strongly agree with Janelle Lewis that these underhanded business practices should not be taken lightly. Thank you, David Scales for the toll free number.

• Ly
      7th of Mar, 2008

same thing has been happening to our account for the last year or so, help somebody who cares about the middle class families out there!!!

• Mi
      10th of Apr, 2008

This is outrageous. Does anyone know how they get this information to take illegal transactions from someones bank account. This company could seriously be destroyed, but does anyone know the appropriate measures to strike back? This should not happen to anyone, even if it's just a quarter. They've done this to me before but the first couple of times I Ignored it cause it wasn't but 11.95. That's now adding up, and at the rate they do it, they'll have more than a hundred dollars a year out of everyone they've hit up for money. There has to be some way of getting our money back, and making sure this never happens to anyone again.

• Al
      14th of Apr, 2008

Be advised. There is no such thing as a fee credit report!! All of these companies that claim to provide you with a free credit report all partake in this type or misleading business practices. I have been taken by three of them now. Two of them had the moral fortitude to refund my money. MNI is beyond the pale. The demand that you give them a police report so that they can "investigate" and "help protect you". They even went so far as to claim that I knew I was giving them permission to charge my account and now I am trying to commit fraud by receiving services that I requested and now want a refund for. The "customer service" representatives at MNI are very well trained and are very adept at passing you off to others in the organization and trying to spin their fraud back on to you. Caveat emptor indeed!!

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2008

If you fully read the terms and conditions, like you are supposed to, you would see that if you don't cancel they will automatically take money from your credit card, or bank account. Really if you took as much time reading as you do complaining, we wouldn't need websites like this. Nothing going on is illegal, you just need to READ BEFORE YOU SIGN!!!

• Mi
    Unknown
    California
    Phone: 866-568-7827
    www.MNI*creditrptservices

I have not knowingly authorized any charges from this company. I have received charges on my charge card for $11.95 on the 18th of the month for April, May, and June. I have gone to my credit card company to dispute these, but have not heard back from them yet.

• Ke
      17th of Sep, 2008

i have getting charged 11.95 on my debit card without my consent and i don't know who these people are and why is my bank giving them my money