MNI / Credit Card Charges without Authorization (FRAUD)

1 Yucaipa, CA, United States Review updated:

On September 9 I followed the 'FREE credit Report" from MNI. I later called them to assure I was not going to be charged for their service and they removed me from the program.
On September 15 I checked my credit statement and learned I had been charged $12.95 for enrollment in their program. I called the company and talked to Whitney Brownlee. She informed me my money was not refundable. She cancelled my enrollment and gave me a confirmation number. She did not refurd my money. When i continued my complaint, she offered to route me to the supervisor. I was then cut off.

Comments

• Ka
      1st of Sep, 2007
    MNI - Unauthorized charges!

I just found one of the MNI unauthorized charges on my card. I don't even remember ordering the free credit report from them. I canceled the transaction without submitting it. Thanks for the toll free number. I am going to cancel my credit card and order a new one that will teach them. The charges will come back declined.

11th of Feb, 2008

Did not agree to monthly charges and cannot cancel... advise smb plz!

• Da
      8th of Apr, 2008
    MNI

I never authorized MNI to charge my account and they're charging me 9.95 monthly!!! Can't find a way to cancel my account and nothing is being done about it by them!

1st of May, 2008
    www.MNI.com

This company keeps taking 11.95 from my checking account each month, , I did not authorize this. I want this cancelled NOW...

• Mo
      12th of May, 2008
    California

They started using my credit card and charge for services not rendered and I never gave them my credit card or nothing!

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2008

took unauthorized withdrawal from my bank account.

26th of Aug, 2008

I ordered free credit report, received it, then looked a my bank statement and saw I was charged 12.95 for this mni credit reporting service which I did not sign up for!!!. How do I get out of it?

• So
      11th of Sep, 2008
    Georgia

Now I will have to cancel my CC as they are taking monthly charges from my accout!! AARGH! How frustrating.

• Lo
      16th of Sep, 2008

I too am getting charged a monthly fee. I didn't sign up for anything. I don't have any idea what I clicked to get my email address trapped by them. Perhaps through some affiliate marketer. I already have a legitiate credit monitoring service and would have had no need or interest in clicking even a "free credit report" button. I call the phone number listed on my credit card (the fact that they have my credit card number is really scary)and it is a fax number. I plan on sending a fax, but expect no response. I am reporting them to the credit card company and getting my card number changed.

• Lo
      16th of Sep, 2008
    MNI Credit Monitoring

I found a phone number that works. I was able to cancel future charges, and I'll see if I receive a refund on this month's 12.95. Here's the phone number.

800-720-4420.

• Rf
      7th of Jan, 2009
    MNI - money automatically taken out of acct

Trying to cancel MNI monthly charge which will be taken out of my account om 1/11, and now that I cannot get thru to them, I will have to have my bank stop any payment coming out for them, which will cost me money. This is not correct, this company should be barred from doing this type of business. To get in touch with me my e mail is rfmarcello@comcast.net. Thank you.

14th of Jun, 2009
    mni
    Missouri

logged on to free credit report found out it was not free backed out and was charged 2 months . did not know i would be billed

6th of Aug, 2009
    10 Maple st
    Brookfield
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 5088676362

I canceled my credit report in june and im still being charged for it. I was charged for 2 months after and Id like the money returned to my account.

7th of Mar, 2010

when tham to put my money back in my accouct p.s mr teran

put the money back

PUT THE MONEY BACK

• Yn
      24th of Aug, 2010

keep trying to charge the monthly rate i didn't agree with from the start.

• Pi
      18th of Oct, 2010
    MNI - Unauthorized withdrawal

My husband discovered a 14.95 charge to his checking account dated 10/15/2010. it is a damn shame when almost everything through the internet is a scam! Who do these rip-offs think they are just taking people's funds from their accounts, and then taking them for a joy-ride in getting their money credited back?! I am pissed that the charge is showing as a pending transaction currently, and once it does go through, we have to dispute it through our bank! Wtf?! You took my money, and now you can't put it back like NOW cause it was never yours to take in the first place! All these companies should be put out of buissness for ripping people off like this! Sham on ALL the website scammers out there who can't be decent by earning HONEST wages!!!

• Re
      16th of Feb, 2011
    MNI - Unauthorized charges!

I was receiving unauthorized charges on my account after running a credit check for a client. I called, identified myself as an attorney, and was immediately credited back every charge - without question! If anyone out there is not having as easy of a time with this, please contact me so that we can hold this company accountable together.

• Ga
      10th of Jun, 2016
    MNI - with drew money from account
    Gail Wehunt
    20668 Lassen View Lane
    Redding
    Phone: 530-365-3927

They with drew money from my account with out my permissiom. I had a 7 day free trial for a credit report and I cancled within the 7 days and checked my account today and found they had taken my money out today. what happens now?