MNI Credit Report Services / Can't cancel automatic charges

This company is charging me monthly for credit reports and I can't find them to cancel. I will have to do this through my bank incurring additional charges.

Beware!

Comments

• Mi
      1st of Apr, 2007

MNI debited my account 4 times for $9.95 each time. I did purchase a credit report from Free Credit Report.com, but I never agreed to their monthly service. This a huge scam and I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action lawsuit in the not so distant future against them. MNI’s phone number is 866-408-4016 in case someone needs to contact them for the same reason.

• Ci
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Thank you for posting the telephone number. I am having the same problem. What a scam!

• Ha
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Hello to all of you that are having the same problem with MNI. I found a toll free number
    1-800-720-4420 follow directions and you will get a real live person that will ask for your ssi number and your name and she will stop service. I just got off the phone with them.

What a scam they are. Call Now, they are on PST. Open from 8am till 5 pm weekdays.

Sincerely,
    Harold Keen

• He
      9th of Apr, 2007

The SAME thing happened to me!!! I'm trying to cancel right now and nobody knows whats going on...

11th of Apr, 2007

I just canceled my credit card and filed a FRAUD complaint with the better business bureau. I suggest that everyone does this and stop this illegal action at once. It is very easy the website is

complaints.bbb.org

LET'S STOP THIS NOW!

• Ed
      12th of Apr, 2007

I also ordered a free credit report and was charged $9.95 twice without me agreeing to it and also was overdrawn, they will not refund any of the money that they scammed me out of either. They said that it was in fine print and on my shopping cart that i have never seen, i dont even have a log on or i cant get into it isn't that convenient for them. What a ripoff. Beware!

• Ci
      12th of Apr, 2007

Ironically in January our mailbox was broken into and were frantically pulled our "free" online credit report offline to make sure no thieves had opened credit cards, etc... And the true thieves are these agencies...we pulled two reports from the 3in1 agency and freecreditreport.com who I think are CIC and MNI. Incidentally, we were never given any type of account numbers and like others, the 800 numbers leave us on hold for way too long without ever reaching a live person. I believe Privacy Matters also hooks into this somehow because we also received charges from them--who I had never even heard of. Even more ironically when I went to Keybank to cancel my debit card and order a new one, they sent me a packet of papers to fill out disputing the charges. When I called to activate my NEW debit card... what did I get, but an advertisement on the Keybank activation line for none other than Privacy Matters! Wow! How and when will this stop. I have never felt like such a small fish in this big business pond!

• Br
      19th of Apr, 2007

I have had the exact same problems. I went to the website and got one report one time. And ever since they've withdrawn money every month without me ever agreeing to it. It's costed me hundreds of dollars because it's causing my bank account to overdraw, and then i get charged bank fees. I never agreed to this, and i also can't login to the website because i never got a log in. I've been trying to cancel it for months. I guess i'll just have to go to the bank. Thanks for the phone number. I'll be calling it as soon as i'm done writing this.

• Ya
      4th of May, 2007

I have got the exactly same issue. First I thought it was some bank service that I used by accident. But after finding its charges several times on monthly bills, I realized it was NOT A MISTAKE. I recalled I registered some free report website last year and cancelled the service after a short time. Apparently they act like robbing money from the clients. The payee name is MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES 866-4084016 CA. I will do what Mareen suggested to file the complain and cancel its service.

• Fr
      10th of May, 2007

I have been charged several times also by this MNI which i did not register for i have contacted the company at the number listed above they said they would cancel the charges form here on out but nothing they can do about the past charges. This is fraud and larceny by the laws of my state. I have also contacted the BBB and filed a formal complaint. I would like to see a class action suit brought against the company if any are interested please email me

12th of May, 2007

Please let me know if there is a class action lawsuit against free credit report.com. What a scam they are running. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB.

• Mo
      12th of May, 2007

Please let me know if there is a class action lawsuit against free credit report.com. Lawsuits.com or Class Action Lawsuits will take these type of suits... I'm game

• Iu
      13th of May, 2007

The same happened with me. I filled an official complaint to BBB.

• Ur
      14th of May, 2007

I have been charged and was not aware that when I signed up for the free credit report that they would charge me for Credit Monitoring - in which I did sign up for. I called the number that was listed in the other complaints and its not called MNI as my bank statement says - the company is called - Credit Report
    I am hoping with me canceling - than next month there will not a charge of $9.95.

• De
      15th of May, 2007

The same thing happen to me they charged me 4 times for $40.00 I do not know who they are.

16th of May, 2007

I totally agree with everyone they charged my card 5 times before i noticed it . They are a bunch of a**holes

21st of May, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - MNI needs to be stopped!

I just recently went online to check my credit card... etc... When I found that this company MNI Credit Report Service has charge my credit card $9.95. I have never used a credit report service ever in my life. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, and hopefully looking to get this money put back on my card. This place MNI Credit Report Service needs to be stopped now. This is Bul***ap, and I don't appreciate being charged for something I didn't ask for or want or use at all. If anyone has any advice how to get this done quicker, please help. I don't appreciate being charged for this at all.

• Pe
      22nd of May, 2007

MNI Credit Service charged me for several months... I signed up for 1 year of free credit monitoring... But have been charged immediately every month the amount of $9.99 without my permission.

• Mi
      23rd of May, 2007

Let me Know when the class action suit comes out!!!

24th of May, 2007

I just noticed my credit card charged. Luckily i remember the site saying that after X-amount of months or days they will charge if you don't cancel after your free report. So i did immediately. I saved the conirmation number BUT they still charged me even after i had cancelled! Just tried to dispute the charges but their office was closed! Thanks so much for posting the number!!! Good luck to the rest of you who were victims of such fraud!