MNI Credit Report Services / Unauthorized charges!

Somehow my phone number and address got posted as the contact information for MNI Credit Report Services. I was just posting a complaint against this company for deducting unauthorized charges from my account. I try to access my account online and every time I try I get the same message - "my log in information or password is incorrect" - there is no way to get in touch with this company to have them stop deducting this from my account. PLEASE STOP CALLING ME, I AM NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH MNI CREDIT REPORT SERVICES, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, they keep taking money from me and I cannot stop it.

Comments

29th of May, 2007
    MNI Credit Reporting Services - Unauthorized charges

I asked for and received a free credit report, online. I never authorized this company to charge my account, yet they have charged my account $9.95 four times in two months.

Another scam!

7th of Jun, 2007

I just got charged by these creeps too, and I never ordered a free credit report or anything else from them at all.

• Ra
      14th of Jun, 2007
    MNI'Creditrpt Services - Unauthorized charges!

Was charged $29.95 and then $49.95 for free credit report for $19.95 and keeps charging $9.95 per month on my credit card. Had to cancel credit card services but still get a bill every month. I did not authorize anything other than the credit report for $19.95.

• Fr
      3rd of Jul, 2007

I have been charged $9.95 a month I have not a credit report from these people. It had better stop. Please help put a stop to it!

• Be
      31st of Jul, 2007
    MNI Credit Reporting Services - Unauthorized charges

I have never ordered a credit report from MNI Credit Reporting Services and I do not know how they got hold of my bank details, but they succeeded in debiting my account for the amount of $9.95 on the 23rd of July.

• Ki
      2nd of Aug, 2007

I too did the free credit report. Liked the page set up, but when they charge me the next 2 months, I haven't been able to view my report, but still getting charged. I have sent them an email, but no reply and when I log in to view my report. I am taken to a purchase page. They have charged me for 3 months and are planning on charging me again this month. I agree this needs to stop and something should be done about them ripping people off...

8th of Aug, 2007

This company is a perfect example of corporate fraud, and bad business. They acquire your personal information, and then charge you randomly without reason. When you attempt to contact the company they are rude, and offer no compensation. They push off blame and refuse to do anything for you. If anyone wants to get together, and start up a group law suit, we can all end this company, and all of their corporate greed. This should not be allowed to happen! What else can the common middle class, or lower class humans do besides get pushed around by the upper class? Please contact if you have any interest in suing this company please contact me.

• Wi
      11th of Aug, 2007

I never ordered MNI Credit Report (800-408-4016, California) and was billed on my credit card for July and now again in August 2007. I don't know how to get my information on my credit card and sadly, I think that maybe FIA may not do anything for the two $9.95 charges since I also have the same problem with CIC Credit Monitoring (800-220-2626 from California), two more $9.95 charges, all both of the companies did the same thing, July 9 and August 9.

I just hate that when you cannot call or e-mail for either the MNI and CIC.

20th of Aug, 2007

I also had obtained a credit report from MNI Credit reporting Services and was debited 11.95. I feel this is wrong and illegal.

20th of Aug, 2007

I have had the same thing happen. They have deceived me and have charged my card three times for the amount of $9.95. I found their number through my online banking, 800-720-4420. I called them and asked them why they had been charging me and they said I ordered the credit monitoring service when I ordered my credit report. I remember specifically refusing this service. I am sure there was some box somewhere hidden that I forgot to check. This seems to be a pattern for this company, and unfortunately another online ripoff.

3rd of Sep, 2007

I had the same problem with them. All I wanted to do was to pay for the credit report once, and had declined every time it asked me to subscribe monthly services. I just sent an e-mail to a lawyer, who is suing them atjoe@hugheslg.com. There is no way to stop these people. I am so tired of these corporation scamming us.

• Bu
      11th of Sep, 2007

6 months at 9.95 for two children = $120 that I am out and have to give the bank $50 to stop it.

Let's sue them for our money.

John

19th of Sep, 2007

I was a victim of their fraud also. I just realized today and contacted the company to no prevail. They cancelled my account but refused to compensate me. I contacted my credit card company and had it removed. I would love to pursue a lawsuit against this worthless company!

• Da
      23rd of Oct, 2007
    MNI CreditRpt Services - Unauthorized charges!
    MNI CREDITRPT Services

I received a charge on my Visa 8-18-07 from MNI CREDITRPT Services (1-800-720-4420) for 9.95. I thought this was the charge for our Credit Score. Now on 9-18-07 I am being charged again for this amount from this company. I called to find out what the company was and he said he couldn't give me any information without my Social Security number. I refused to give it to him and am now writing you. My next step will be to contact the credit card co. Please advise me smb as to how I can stop these unauthorized charges.

Thank you for your help. David S. Trudeau.

• Em
      29th of Oct, 2007

I obtained a widely advertised "Free Credit Report" and 34 days later found a charge from MNI Credit Reporting Services on my VISA bill.

I phoned and got a lady who cancelled my alleged "account" but refered me to a "Phil" to get the $11.95 charge credited. Phil insisted I had agreed to it and had given my VISA number. I hadn't and the lady said they take it off the credit report automatically. Allegedly I had my "free" report but the money was for an ongoing subscription I allegedly agreed to. When I got nowhere with him and his lies, I asked for HIS supervisor but suspect I got the guy sitting next to him with a heavy accent. He insisted on my S.S. number which I had refused. But I had given my name and last four S.S. digits to the first lady. He denied that he could access the issue without my S.S. I informed him I had already been scammed and wasn't about to give it to his agency. He basically told me to fly a kite and denied that he could access the same information when I offered to give him the cancellation number the first lady had given me.

With my VISA bill arriving 34 days after the initial request for my "free" credit report there was no way I could cancel something I hadn't even agreed to in the first place.

I have already sent info to a class action legal firm. More of the scammed should do likewise. And write to you federal legislators as this scam begins with heavy TV advertising for "free" credit reports (required by federal law) and results in this scam.

• Em
      29th of Oct, 2007

• Bl
      30th of Oct, 2007
    MNI Credit Reporting Services - Unauthorized charges

There have been monthly charges of $11.95 to my VISA card without my authorization.

Please help!

Blanche Bearden
    2039 Edgewood Drive
    Moody, AL 35004

• Li
      31st of Oct, 2007

I have had the same problem they charge 9.95 every week on me.. I took my credit score thinking it was a small fee apparently they want all the blood I can give week.

• El
      10th of Nov, 2007

These unknown company has been charging me $ 9.95 a month for the last 6 months. I was supposed to be a free credit report and besides I never received a credit report I am paying. Beware all!

• Ro
      12th of Nov, 2007
    MNI CreditRpt Services - Unauthorized charges!

My credit card bill shows a charge of $11.95 on 11/08/07. I did receive an Eqifax credit report on 11/08/07, but it was supposed to be no charge. The last time I received a credit report was 9/2/05. How do I get this charge reversed?