MNI Credit Report Services / Charging monthly fee!

They adv. - free credit report - no charge! But, need a credit card #. Should have known better - but, gave it. Got the rating, and at the same time, stated: I do not want your service - never intended to sign up for service - DO NOT USE MY CARD - DO NOT SIGN ME UP FOR THIS SERVICE - NEVER DEDUCT A FEE FROM ME! Two weeks later, I was e-mailed stating that nothing had been reported on me. I immediately e-mailed them - stating: I do not want your service - I did not sign up for service - I only did the "free" one time check! My bank statement shows a debit on my account in the amo. of $11.95!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ti
      26th of Apr, 2007

I have incurred 80.00 so far on charges towards my bank. I can't figure out a way to "cancel" the service charge either. Apparently "nobody shows us as being an active client" but, they're charging two charges each month.

12th of May, 2007

I agree. I am fighting to stop this company from charging my card. I ordered 1 report sometime ago and they keep charging my card 9.95 every month when i did not sign up for anything other than 1 report. This company is a scam and i am contacting my credit card company on this very issue. Better yet, I may personally go to their office and raise hell since I warned them about this before.

19th of Jun, 2007

Thank you!!!

• Su
      19th of Jun, 2007

The same thing happened to me, but I can't get a legit phone number to cancel. Any suggestions?

• Ta
      4th of Jul, 2007

I recently was going threw my back invoice and noticed these charges of 9.95 i have not received a credit report so why am i being charged for something i never ordered? How can i stop this!

• Ka
      6th of Jul, 2007

I went on line to get a free credit report. Charges started showing up as "purchases" from MNI*CreditRprt. After complaining to my bank, they told me to call the MNI Credit reporting company, which I did. They claimed that I had subscribed to something, which I did not, and that there was FREE a 30-day trial period (during which period I was charged THREE TIMES - May 31 for $14.95, June 3 for $9.95 and June 29 for $9.95). So, if you are reading this, and know of a class action suit against this company, I would be happy to join in. In the meantime, my bank is investigating the fraudulent charges. I suggest working with your bank and calling MNI to cancel, which they will do. However, I suggest getting a new debit card with a different number to ensure no more charges can be applied.

• Ju
      19th of Jul, 2007

The same thing is happening to me. I have spoken with a company rep trying to terminate this service and the charges continue. I was told that the charges would stop but they haven't. My next option is to cancel the credit card that is being billed.

I DO NOT WANT this service. I WANT the charges stopped. I WANT a refund of the charges up to now. My next contact will be to the Better Business folks, and then to my lawyer.

Sencerely
    Julian Pope

1st of Aug, 2007

I have just been informed by a very rude person that this can only be canceled by phone and that I had been informed 3 times about the charges. I was not informed and how is anyone supposed to know that a phone call is required. The no. is 1-866-408-4016.

They would not credit my account for any charges.

• Br
      15th of Oct, 2007

I was just billed in October 2007, for the first time, in the amount of $9.95 for "services rendered" beginning in July 2006! These fraudsters now tell me that they intend to bill me $9.95 for each of the last 15 months. When I explained that I would've canceled this "service" 15 months ago had they ever billed, wrote or invoiced me, because I never wanted this service or knew I was paying for it, the floor manager named Fernando Ayala #612 basically told me this was my problem.

My credit card company is not paying the charges. Of course, they can now -- irony or ironies -- threaten to damage my credit for the unpaid sum.

This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. If there are any class lawyers reading this, then you should jump on it.

• Ck
      22nd of Aug, 2007

Yet, another victim to a monthly charge for a service that I canceled.

• As
      12th of Oct, 2007

My bank account was charged for 3 MONTHS without authorization. They would not refund my money because they said I had to cancel my services within 30 days of signing up. I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANYTHING!!! They got all of my bank information, my social security number, my address, and my phone number ??? I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how they got it all, but I NEVER signed up for anything through their company. I didnt even know who they were!

Beware! It's completely fraud!

22nd of Sep, 2007

Ok, I called FreeCreditReport.com....I finally found a way to get through. They accepted my cancellation of this MNI "Service" which I never knowingly agreed to. (I will be watching my billing like a hawk!) Their email to me said to call MNI at 818 407-4620 (I am in the Virgin Islands, and the 800 no. doesn't work). I actually spoke to someone within 1.5 mins. who politely informed me that no rebate of $90 taken from me would be issued as I had had 30 days to cancel their services which were detailed "in the terms of agreement" when I signed on. Guess you REALLY gotta read the fine print. He checked my card and found that CreditReport.com had, in fact, cancelled my billing. As to rebating anything, my ranting and raving got nowhere. Not really surprised....I will be complaining to the FTC. FYI, the only FREE government sanctioned credit report which we are all supposed to have access to yearly is www.annualcreditreport.com. Beware of substitutions....and false FREE-ness elsewhere. Margo Rose

• Er
      9th of Jan, 2008

I disagree with all the agreement I have to go through to have my credit score so I would like to canceled.

• Er
      9th of Jan, 2008

I agree with ststement of canceled credit report.

• Al
      31st of Jan, 2008

All the stories I am reading are the same as mine. I did a FREE CREDIT REPORT and then I started getting charged $11.95 a month. I would never have known about it but I am trying to watch what I am spending and seeing where the money goes. I was astonished to find this MNI*CREDITRPT SERVICES 800-720-4420 CA charging my account. When I called they said that I agreed to their terms and that I had a chance to cancel. They even said that they sent emails but they must have went in my spam folder. These guys are good and they have definitely taught me a lesson. I will never be using those kinds of sites anymore and I will not be putting my credit card information down unless I know it is a secure site for sure. I can't believe that companies can be thieves get away with it.

• Br
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I been charged 29.90 for a credit report I requested and that was fine. that was it! Then finding out now after 6months later I been charged 11.95 every month! I signed no agreement for anything for anything to continue after ordering one credit report! I just wanted a credit report. Im so upset that is just about 100.00 deducted from my card! for what? what ###! I am taking action against this! What a mistake even doing business with that scam.

• Be
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Similar experience. I noticed a charge for $24.95 on my amex. I contacted the company, was disconnected three times before reaching their "fraud" department. The person in the "fraud" department seemed more intent on committing fraud than seriously following up on my complaint. I explained that I had not authorized the charge and that I had never heard of the company or service they offer. She said that to verify my information I would have to provide her with the credit card number that was used (which I did), the names of all authorized card holders attached to this account (which I didn't, while there are others they have different numbers), my email address (I gave her the first 5 letters) my address (which I didn't). She said that unless I presented them with a subpoena they were unable to help me refund the charges. AMEX has initiated a fraud investigation. I think the attorney general needs to investigate this.

• Vi
      31st of Jan, 2008

I cannot find information on these people to try to get this stopped - I am not going to Kentucky's Attorney General!

3rd of Mar, 2008

I order a copy of my report for my husband and I. We paid almost $60 for two credit reports. THIS was ALL we wanted. I just check my account and see then they have charged me again... for services that I did not request or wanted. TOO BAD that their office is closed right now. Its even worse that they're doing this to so many other people!

6th of Mar, 2008

YES I ALSO CANCELLED WITH PRIVACY MATTER 123 TWO MONTH AGO AND MNI CREDIT RPORTS ARE DEBITING MY ACCOUNT AND I NEVER EVEN SIGNED UP WITH THEM. I THINK THEY SHOULD CREDIT 11.95 BACK TO MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY ARE TAKING MONEY ILLEGALLY
    THIS NEEDS TO STOP RIPPING CONSUMERS OFF IS A CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY. ALL THESE FOREIGN OPPERATERS THAT ANSWER THESE DONT CARE OR HAVE ANY MORALS IN WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT IS ALL THAT EVER ANSWERS THEE PHONES WHEN YOU CALL TO COMPLAIN OR CANCELL AND THEY DONT HELP AT ALL, THESE GUYS ARE VERY UNTRUST WORTHY.