MNI Credit Report Services / Charging monthly fee!

They adv. - free credit report - no charge! But, need a credit card #. Should have known better - but, gave it. Got the rating, and at the same time, stated: I do not want your service - never intended to sign up for service - DO NOT USE MY CARD - DO NOT SIGN ME UP FOR THIS SERVICE - NEVER DEDUCT A FEE FROM ME! Two weeks later, I was e-mailed stating that nothing had been reported on me. I immediately e-mailed them - stating: I do not want your service - I did not sign up for service - I only did the "free" one time check! My bank statement shows a debit on my account in the amo. of $11.95!

Comments

• Al
      30th of Jun, 2008
    MNI Credit Report Services - Unauthorized Charges tomy Credit Card
    MNI Credit Reporrt Services
    Virginia

MNI is charging my credit card $11.95 per month for supposed credit checks. I have not authorized them to make these credit checks and have certainly not authorized them to charge my account. I had my old card information stolen and reported it to the federal trade commission and to the big 3 for credit check verifications. Now I'm being charged each month for something I didn't authorize.

10th of Jul, 2008

I, too, thought I was obtaining a free credit report and now those ### have been charging my card on an unauthorized basis. Can we have recourse to this company by:

A. A class action lawsuit on behalf of aggreived plantiffs

B. Discontinue their ability to access credit bureaus

C. Contact Experian, Transunion and the Other credit services and have their accesses taken away

D. Contact the BBB to shut them down

10th of Jul, 2008
    MNI Credit Report Services - Unauthorized debits to my account
    California
    Phone: 866-365-8654

Unauthorized debit has been taken out of my account. Please discontinue these services. My wife nor myself has authorized these services.

• Fa
      21st of Jul, 2008
    MNI Credit Report Services - Charging my account without my knowledge
    Yorktown
    Virginia

I just realized today that they have been charging my account $11.95 for the past 5 months. I had not even heard of this company before.

22nd of Jul, 2008

I too have been receiving unauthorized charges from MNI. I tried to cancel this months ago, but guess they decided to get more money. Finally able to cancel this afternoon. Has anyone been able to recover their money from MNI on these unauthorized harges?

• Ni
      24th of Jul, 2008

they did the same thing to me. I am so regret that when I did the free credit card report thing I did not read everything carefully. It is a trap and I hated this company so much. I already called them and cancelled the service. If they dare to charge me next month, I will definitely be furious.

• Ge
      31st of Jul, 2008

Add me to the list of complaints filed regarding MNI Credit Report Services. I did get a confirmation# and was told I would get the last moth's charge refunded. In order to get the previous three months payments back I have to file a police report and send a copy to the company- which I will do! I am also filing a complaint with the appropriate state agency (NYS Attorney General's Office- Consumer affairs??)

In addition I had to answer an inordinate number of questions from a sickening polite and unyielding person to confirm who I am just to be able to talk to someone else who could actually do something!

gene

3rd of Aug, 2008

I simply went to the site to get a one time only credit report that was supposed to be free. Now my checking acct. is being automatically robbed of 12 bucks a month to mni credit report.---I want this stopped and I want my money back.
    James N. Ray
    [protected]@excite.com

• Gi
      8th of Aug, 2008

Everrything above has happend to me too. How do you actually get this straightend out? I only looked one day and cancelled the next, four months ago. and still being charged. What a crock of crap.

18th of Aug, 2008
    MNI Credit Report Services - Stealing money
    Union City
    California

MY GOSH! This company steals my money 3 times already. What should I do? Every month, they keep on deducting from 11-12 dollars from my bank account.

• Wi
      1st of Sep, 2008

MNI credit monitoring(thru FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM) has manage to scam me out of two charges in the same month.I did not agree to any monthly fees and only wanted a FREE!!! credit report which was offered on T.V. by commercials that everyone sees daily. Both myself and my wife got our report on the same night and both read all the fine print, and not only did it not say anything about a monthly fee, it guaranteed us that we would NOT be charged!! now we are charged two 12.95 fees a month! I am currently trying to cancel it and there are many hoops to go through, and I have read that after cancelling people are still being charged for many months!!

• Iw
      15th of Sep, 2008
    MNI Credit Report Services - Unauthorized charges
    New York
    New York

This company claimed that they can give a credit report for free. When I went through the registration process, I not only received a report I couldn't understand, they also charged my credit card. I never authorized the charge and didn't know that there was a cancellation period. I noticed there have been so many complaints against this company. So why are they still allowed to operate? I tried looking for their phone number online but couldn't find any information. I tried calling one number and they asked for my account number which I don't have. Then after they passed me around a few times, I talked to a customer service agent who said I have the wrong company. What the hell??? How do I cancel this thing if I can't even get in touch with them. HELP>>

• Lc
      7th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me...I logged on to my account to find that they had been taking $12.95 out since July. Back in June, I wanted to do the 30 day trial, however, I was never able to log into the website. I then decided I wanted to cancel the membership (the same day I set it up). It's been so long I don't know if they gave me a conf #, but when I called in today to speak to someone, the rep told me that she couldn't refund the money without it. She then tried to get me to give her my new email address so that she could "forward important new updates to me." I refused and asked to speak to her supervisor. Her sup kept me on hold for about 15 minutes only to tell me that she wasn't able to reverse the charges either. I asked to speak to her superior- she transferred me and the man was very rude and arrogant and stated that he couldn't reverse the charges either. I told him I would be contacting the FTC...he replied, "Ok, you do that!" NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!! I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE! ...and I did file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. It takes 5 minutes...I suggest you all do the same!!!

18th of Nov, 2008

I went on this web site over 1 year ago and requested a free credit report, and paid for a one time credit score and was charged each month close to $12.00 a month for over a year, this company is a complete scam and needs to be stopped!!!

18th of Nov, 2008

This company has charged me unknowingly each month for over 1 year close to $12.00 a month it is a scam and needs to be stopped!

20th of Nov, 2008

Yes the same happened to me! They have been DOUBLE charging me every month $11.95 for almost 10 months now. They stole roughly $215 from me. I am so upset by this because they continue to do it and I can't make them stop. I am a college student and last month the charges made me overdraft so wells fargo charged me an additional $38 because of these thieves. I don't know what else to do maybe we can initiate an investigation by the Department of Corporations. My good friend is an investigator there.

24th of Nov, 2008

SCAM!!! They said it's a service they enroll you in automatically. then when you call to cancel the person reads the card, like a good little monkey, to tell you the bennefits of having said service...

• Mi
      25th of Nov, 2008

This CREDITREPORT.COM company sucks!!! I also noticed that without reason they charged me $1. I am going to report to my bank about this fraud and Stealing activity

1st of Dec, 2008

I agree. I've tried several times to cancel this monthly charge, and haven't had any luck hearing from them at all. I'll have to contact my bank to cancel this monthly charge, and that really angers me. B E W A R E !!!

4th of Feb, 2009

I replyed to a e-mail from this company to receive a free credit report. Key word being free. Now on my last credit card statment I was charged 12.95. I want this refunded and my name removed from their records completly.