MNI Credit Report Services / Charging monthly fee!

They adv. - free credit report - no charge! But, need a credit card #. Should have known better - but, gave it. Got the rating, and at the same time, stated: I do not want your service - never intended to sign up for service - DO NOT USE MY CARD - DO NOT SIGN ME UP FOR THIS SERVICE - NEVER DEDUCT A FEE FROM ME! Two weeks later, I was e-mailed stating that nothing had been reported on me. I immediately e-mailed them - stating: I do not want your service - I did not sign up for service - I only did the "free" one time check! My bank statement shows a debit on my account in the amo. of $11.95!

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - Unauthorized use of my bank account

MNI Credit Report Services is taking money from my bank account without my authorization. Stealing is against the law, as far as i know.

• Ti
      26th of Apr, 2007

I have incurred 80.00 so far on charges towards my bank. I can't figure out a way to "cancel" the service charge either. Apparently "nobody shows us as being an active client" but, they're charging two charges each month.

12th of May, 2007

I agree. I am fighting to stop this company from charging my card. I ordered 1 report sometime ago and they keep charging my card 9.95 every month when i did not sign up for anything other than 1 report. This company is a scam and i am contacting my credit card company on this very issue. Better yet, I may personally go to their office and raise hell since I warned them about this before.

• Bo
      24th of May, 2007
    MNI Credit.com - M.N.I. Credit Services

I've had two charged hit my checking account for $9.95 each. Don't have a clue why. Put my debit card in when inquiring about my credit score. Does anybody know how to make them stop?

• Ti
      1st of Jun, 2007

I too received unauthorized charges on my credit card after getting what I thought was a free credit report through Trans Union credit services. I did however find the number to MNI (1-866-408-4016) and canceled the charges immediately. I supposedly was not charged for the credit report but for a monitoring service that I do not recall authorizing (I assume it was in the fine print). They gave me a confirmation code for the cancellation, we'll see if it is on next months credit card statement. I am turning them into the BBB and everyone else that this has happened to should as well.

4th of Jun, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - I have to pay for something i do not need!

I no longer wish to view my credit report. I do not want to view my credit report any more and I REFUSE to pay for something that I am not using. I would appreciate a reply stating they will no longer charge my checking account a fee for something I am not using.

• Sh
      5th of Jun, 2007
    MNI Credit Reporting - Fraud and scam!

These people claim that when you sign up for a free credit report, you are automatically enrolled in their credit monitoring service and you have to call them within 30 days to put out of the service - otherwise, they charge you $9.95 a month. My credit card company is helping me to take care of this!!!

• Tg
      15th of Jun, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - Feel a complain!

MNI Credit Report Services doing business as Mighty Net, Inc. is located at 9040 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Floor 2, Canoga Park, CA 91304.

Please make complaints to: Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov (select Consumer Protection button and then select file a complaint).

Also you can file a complaint with: http://www.bbb.org/complaint.asp (this link will transfer you to the California BBB).

19th of Jun, 2007

Thank you!!!

• Su
      19th of Jun, 2007

The same thing happened to me, but I can't get a legit phone number to cancel. Any suggestions?

• Ta
      4th of Jul, 2007

I recently was going threw my back invoice and noticed these charges of 9.95 i have not received a credit report so why am i being charged for something i never ordered? How can i stop this!

• Ka
      6th of Jul, 2007

I went on line to get a free credit report. Charges started showing up as "purchases" from MNI*CreditRprt. After complaining to my bank, they told me to call the MNI Credit reporting company, which I did. They claimed that I had subscribed to something, which I did not, and that there was FREE a 30-day trial period (during which period I was charged THREE TIMES - May 31 for $14.95, June 3 for $9.95 and June 29 for $9.95). So, if you are reading this, and know of a class action suit against this company, I would be happy to join in. In the meantime, my bank is investigating the fraudulent charges. I suggest working with your bank and calling MNI to cancel, which they will do. However, I suggest getting a new debit card with a different number to ensure no more charges can be applied.

• Ri
      12th of Jul, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - Pretty expensive free advertising service!

MNI Credit Reporting Services is charging a monthly fee of $9.95 to my credit card. I was not advised that this monthly fee would charged for requesting a "free" advertised service.

• Ju
      19th of Jul, 2007

The same thing is happening to me. I have spoken with a company rep trying to terminate this service and the charges continue. I was told that the charges would stop but they haven't. My next option is to cancel the credit card that is being billed.

I DO NOT WANT this service. I WANT the charges stopped. I WANT a refund of the charges up to now. My next contact will be to the Better Business folks, and then to my lawyer.

Sencerely
    Julian Pope

1st of Aug, 2007

I have just been informed by a very rude person that this can only be canceled by phone and that I had been informed 3 times about the charges. I was not informed and how is anyone supposed to know that a phone call is required. The no. is 1-866-408-4016.

They would not credit my account for any charges.

• Je
      17th of Aug, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - Did you Know!

My Husband and I just recently refinanced our house. He obviously used CreditReport.com. I checked the site out, and at the Shopping Cart page it says ... "Did you know...

By ordering a free credit report, you will automatically be enrolled in a 30 day free trial of credit monitoring. You will receive automatic notifications of changes to your credit report. You will be billed $9.95 for each month that you continue your membership if you do not cancel your membership within the trial period. You may cancel anytime – there is no obligation."

I wish my husband read this and told me, or I had paid more attention to the emails I received regarding the monitoring service.

Ironically, MNI has a website, cardpal.com, where you can report fraudulent charges...

• Ck
      22nd of Aug, 2007

Yet, another victim to a monthly charge for a service that I canceled.

• Pa
      11th of Sep, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - Refuse to refund unknown automatic charges

Refused to cancel some credit report service or something when I requested my credit report. It showed up on my credit card statement and when I called they wouldn't refund.

22nd of Sep, 2007

Ok, I called FreeCreditReport.com....I finally found a way to get through. They accepted my cancellation of this MNI "Service" which I never knowingly agreed to. (I will be watching my billing like a hawk!) Their email to me said to call MNI at 818 407-4620 (I am in the Virgin Islands, and the 800 no. doesn't work). I actually spoke to someone within 1.5 mins. who politely informed me that no rebate of $90 taken from me would be issued as I had had 30 days to cancel their services which were detailed "in the terms of agreement" when I signed on. Guess you REALLY gotta read the fine print. He checked my card and found that CreditReport.com had, in fact, cancelled my billing. As to rebating anything, my ranting and raving got nowhere. Not really surprised....I will be complaining to the FTC. FYI, the only FREE government sanctioned credit report which we are all supposed to have access to yearly is www.annualcreditreport.com. Beware of substitutions....and false FREE-ness elsewhere. Margo Rose

• Th
      12th of Oct, 2007
    MNI Credit Report Services - Canceled service, still charging!

This company continues to automatically deduct money from our bank account. We have canceled and they continue to deduct. Have trouble finding a contact number. Apparently I am not the first to have this trouble.

Beware!