MNI Credit Report Monitoring Service / Unauthorized charges to my account!

AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 334-707-7940
Taking money from credit card without consent! MNI has charged my account over the course of a year ($9.95 per month without my consent). I did ONE online credit check on Equifax or one of those 3 credit services for FREE. We've used this company once before and didn't have any issues. I have been unsuccessful in finding a number to contact MNI (MNI Creditrpt Serv.), but am disputing these charges with the credit card company now and want to close my account. I am extremely upset over this situation and warn anyone about using an online credit service even though they say they are FREE and are supposedly trustworthy like Equifax. Equifax is susceptible to fraud as well as any other company in the world and cannot be trusted with your account information. All the more reason why you should NEVER give out your information on the internet.

Comments

Di
  16th of Jan, 2008
These people have been attempting to charge my account 9.95 for the past 3 months. They try to get the money out at least 3-4 times a week. The crazy part is, I don't even know exactly who they are. I know I went to a website to get a free credit report and the next thing I know my account is being charged. But, because my account was overdrawn, they have been unable to collect. Well, now my account is cleared of overdrafts, so I called my bank to see what I could do. They suggested that I cancel my current Debit card, and have another one re-issued. This way they will not be able to access the account. They can try 'til the end of time and will not get a penny from me. Maybe you should try it.
Su
  30th of Jan, 2008
I have had the same problem with MNI credit report monitoring and also CIC triple advantage, both of which started fraudulantly charging my credit card account after accessing FREECREDITREPORT.COM .... yeah, right ... free my foot! For MNI credit you can call 866-365-8654 or 800-720-4420. For CIC Triple Advantage you can call 877-481-6825. Hope this can help some of you out in getting this taken care of to prevent future rip offs.
Ha
  3rd of Feb, 2008
I want that free trial of credit momitoring canceled. Cancel it now. It for free credit report. So please cancel I don't want to be charge.

Let me know thar it is canceled.
Harvey
Li
  6th of Feb, 2008
I have just experienced the same problem from the same company, people please be careful.
Je
  7th of Feb, 2008
I just got hit with a 11.95 debit on my account. I had to search by the phone number to get it pulled up.
Do
  8th of Feb, 2008
Yeah, I just realized I have been charged consecutively on the 7th or 8th of each month for the last three months. Honestly I'm not even sure how far back the charges go. I'm calling my bank as soon as their open. Sadly I doubt they will do anything for me but I am going to raise hell over it.
Er
  8th of Feb, 2008
I never did any business or heard of them before, but I started noticing charges on my credit card. Ironically, I am under a fraud protection from another company that is paid for by the agency I work for, but they did not detect this inquiry at all and so did not do their job either (DEBIX)

Dispite what these agencies may say, if they are using "fine print" they are employing "deceptive trade practices" which is illegal just the same. Personally, I will be informing the authorities of this, I suggest all of you do the same.
Ch
  9th of Feb, 2008
I have been getting hit by this "free" service for 2 years now and cannot get it stopped. Same with Privacy Matters. All this from visiting FreeCreditReport.com
Da
  23rd of Apr, 2008
The exact same thing has been happening to me. Is there anyway of getting the money back from them. I have been charged over the past 8 months $9.95, i just thought it was a transaction at a store or something, until my wife really took a look at the statement. She called to question them and would not speak with her, they said they would have to speak with me. Here is the number we used if anyone needs it 866-365-8654.
To
  3rd of May, 2008
Had the same problem you're all experiencing as well, FREECREDITREPORT sucks. Called the number 866-365-8654 and they sat on the phone trying to convince how much I need to stay with the service and how beenficial it is to me.. blah blah blah. Yeah whatever they gave me a cancellation #, lets see if i get billed again soon..
Gr
  18th of Aug, 2008

MNI Credit Report Monitoring Service - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
FREE CREDIT REPORT . COM
California
freecreditreport.com

Well much like everyone else here, I went to FREECREDITREPORT.COM to check up on my credit. First I had to pay $9.95 for my FREE credit report, OK 10 bucks is no big deal to make sure everything was in order with my credit. Here is the irritating part, in the Terms of Service there is a little box (that they conviniently automatically check for you) saying that you want the $12.95 per month monitoring service. I didn't want the service just a one time credit report, so I de-selected the check box and thought nothing more of it. One month later I have a &12.95 charge from MNI*CREDITRPT MNTR SVC. I did a quick Google search on the MNI company and the top 3 results from COMPLAINTS BOARD.com, RIP-OFF.com and CONSUMER COMPLAINTS.com. I called 1-866-408-4016 to cancel the service but they refused to refund the $12.95 for the service I specifically did not request. I had to have my Credit Card Co dispute the charge and it is still on going. It isn't the amount of money that concerns me, it is the principle of the thing and purposely ripping people off.
Ph
  18th of Aug, 2008
My parents told me about Mr. Common Sense early in my life and told me I would do well to call on him when making decisions. It seems he was always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by.

Today I read his obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance. For Common Sense has served us all so well for so many generations.

Obituary
Common Sense
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.
No one knows for sure how old
he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, why life isn't always fair, and how, on occasion, maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
An
  18th of Sep, 2008

MNI Credit Report Monitoring Service - Unauthorized charges to my charge card
MNI Credit Report Monitoring Service
California
Phone: 866-365-8654

Found unauthorized charges against my charge card from this credit report monitoring service. They said they would cancel but my problem is I never gave them my credit card number so was wondering where they got it from. I also do not deal with this credit agency so some kind of scam is going on. Not sure yet if they will even cancel the charges. From the looks of other complaints they didn't.
Ti
  1st of Oct, 2008
The exact same thing is happening to me. At first I wasnt paying attention then I noticed the charge and had no idea what the charge was for. After looking at the description I realized what it was but had no idea how to get in touch with the company. So now I have to talk to my bank and tell them I never authorized this company to charge my account.
So
  29th of Jul, 2009
14.95 recurring monthly did not order either... same crap, not able to contact or cancel what I never ordered... CANCELLING MY CREDIT CARDS AND GETTING NEW ACCOUNT NUMBERS.