MNI Credit report MNTR service / Charging credit card without authorization

1 WI, United States Review updated:

This company was charging my charge card without permision. When I activated the sears charge card I was asked if I wanted the credit monitering service, I told them NO but yet they charged my account $ 12.95 a month since August 2008. Since May so I called them and asked why since I I never agreed to theis and yet they asked if I wanted to cancel this service. I told them why should I cancel something I never signed up for. Yet they have failed to refund me any money. t.abbott@centurytel.net. So when I canceled the charge card and SEARS issued another card number and when I activated it the phone was tranfered to this company and they tried selling me the same service again. I had to tell the person on the phone 3 times I did NOT want it. Then had to hang up on them. 2 weeks later I called SEARS and canceled the account because it showed up on the very next statment. I CUT UP THE CARD. Because I could not show proof to sears they would not credit my account. Its hard to show proof when it was all done by phone and Fraudently without my Permission.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• St
      24th of May, 2008
    Credit Report MNTR - Unlawful charges
    Credit Report MNTR
    Phone: 8663658654

I am a disabled woman with bad eye sight. A month ago I noticed that a fee of $9.95 was coming through as a debit from my checking account. I called about the "error" and they said that this has been going on for over 2 years. I went back and forth trying to get some of the monies back. No one in the "correct" department ever returned my calls. (and I left quite a few.) I was always pleasant, but cried on a few occasions. These heartless people will not refund a dime. I never used their website. I don't know why they are still in business.

What can I do??? Advise smb!

• Mz
      26th of Jul, 2009

Due you have a copy of the bill? The problem may be that you waited over a year to complain. Did you look at your monthly statements? This may be one for the lesson books. They assume that you may have order the service because of the amount of time that had passed

11th of Sep, 2009

These guys have been charging my credot card for over a year and I was finally able to get them off my credit card after two phone calls. My husband checked out his credit score online and the next thing I know my credit card was being charged 12.95 monthly and I didn't even know what it was for. When I called to cancel the service, I told the guy I wanted the service canceled and he asked me again what I had called for. I told him again that I wanted to cancel the service and he tried to offer me "better protection" at no additional cost and started telling me what the service was for. I had to tell him again that I did not want the service. So not only did they scam my husband into signing up for it, they were really reluctant to cancel the service.