[Resolved] MiWay / rejecting my claim as I would not remove an item

United States Review updated:

I signed up with Miway as they were cheaper and the service seemed better. Today I regret it. After being burgled in March, I was finally advised in April that my claim had been rejected. While waiting to have my claim finalised I had asked more than once, if there was a problem, only to be advised that there was not. However a week and month after the burglary I was advised that there was inconsistancies and I should remove these products from the list and they would finalise it. If I did not own it, how can I claim for it. A hair machine that I could pick up for R200? It seems to me that they look for little things to reject your full claim, and this is how they score. If there had been a problem from they beginning why did they not state so then? Well, now they have my payments made to them, and no payout for the cover I was paying for. So much for having insurance done My way...

• Resolution statement

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Feb 10, 2011

Hi there,

Thank you for your comment about miway. we at miway would like to contact you in order to investigate your complaint and address your concerns - your feedback is important to us.
    Please be so kind as to send your email address and telephone number to [protected]@miway.co. za.
    Alternatively, please be encouraged to also post your feedback on the miway website (http://www.miway.co.za/compliments-and-complaints) where we transparently publish all comments made by our clients.

Wendy marshall
    Miway marketing

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your comment and for the opportunity given to respond and help! I have passed your feedback on to our claims team and someone will get in touch with you soon. Please accept our sincere apology in the interim for any inconvenience you have experienced!

Lana van Reysen

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Dec 18, 2013

Thanks for your note Yvonne!

Gert let us know that he's been in touch and that he arranged for your car to be taken back to the repairer. We're so sorry for any hassles you've experience during your claim and if we added in any way to an already stressful situation.

Please don't hesitate to give Gert a call if you need any further assistance in the interim!

Lana van Reysen

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Aug 06, 2015

Hi there,

We have received your previous comment s via hellopeter.com, as well as the comment on our website. We have passed it on and we will get in touch ASAP!

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Dec 09, 2015

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we have passed your concerns onto our Claims team and someone will be in touch to assist.

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Feb 03, 2016

We will look into this ASAP Tryphina and get back to you ASAP.

• MiWay Insurance Customer Care's Response, Apr 18, 2016

Thanks for your note - we have passed it onto our claims team and we'll be sure to call you once we've had a look at what's happening. Please accept our sincere apology in the interim for any hassles you have experienced!

Po

Comments

• Mp
      Jun 01, 2013

Hi my car was involved in an accident during april and I lodged a claim, number c450514 and to date the claims dept. has not yet informed me of the status of my car, whether it is boarded or it will be fixed, I still have no idea as to the decision taken by the assessor. will you please inform me as to the status of the car?

• Fr
      Nov 16, 2013
    MiWay - Money Taken from my account !
    MiaWay - motor Insurance
    Sasolburg
    South Africa

To whom it my cobcern
    I took out a car insurance witt miway. I spoke with merrick/justin!! they send me an sms and it reads as follows: "welcome to miway! your cover starts 12/11/2013. 1st premium; r344.28 on 15/11/2013. tel: 0860646464, ref. no. 29035725." I phoned the number to confirm but dibusang said it will be r692.83. but on the 15/11/2013 they will take r465-00!! I cancelled the insurance just their with her!!
    On 16/11/2013 a debt order of r1088.60 miwaycolle290357250028080 went of from my account? I went to the bank and cancelled this new debt order again!!
    I have learnt my lesson! never buy any insurance over a telephone!!.
    regards
    Frank joseph matthysen.

• Kh
      May 24, 2017

[censor] u pay the money you took from bank then say about debt

• Mr
      Dec 02, 2013

my accident reported on the 28/10/2013 -it took more than a month to return my car, no one from miway call me or help me with transport. the repairs department send me a sms that my car is on painting for more than weeks. does mmiway think of their customers needs or is just the business that ripe our money? not happy am angry am confused am stuck. asked me to rate miway services I Will give excellent poor than poorer claim number C495125

Aug 06, 2015

First of all it took miway forever to approve my claim as I had to contact you on numerous occasions and after you have approved my claim, ruan van zyl does not want to authorize for my wheel screen to be replaced he's excuse is that the damage was caused by a stone chip which is nobrainer as during an accident a lot happens it's not only cars that are colliding but dust and stones are involved. I am extremely disgruntle as a miway customer I feel that miway is passing the buck (you cannot say there are no stones involved during the accident "if you go to the accident spot you will realize that there are concrete stones"), I must say that I am very dissatisfied by the way ruan van zyl handled this matter as he didn't want to speak to me but he advised kabelo chokoe to inform me that I have to bring the car to their offices (surely you don't take into consideration that I am working).

Very disgruntled, and I am looking for another insurer (when one has to claim you have excuses but when you take our premiums there are no excuses)

Could you please forward the details of the ombudsmen and other channels where I can complain or escalate this query to (and I must say that I am very dissatisfied by the way kabelo chokoe talks to me "I asked for her superiors contact details and she said she was superior and all the matter are handled by her???").

Looking forward to your feedback with regards to the contact details and other avenues where I can escalate the matter to.

• Je
      Dec 07, 2015

7 December 2015

To who it may concern
    My Police number:24380262

The incident where the front bumper of my car was damaged during towing after refers. The matter was reported to yourselves on the same day and it is now two weeks later and still I have not received much assistance from either yourselves nor from the towing company.

I cannot drive the car in its current condition, and this has been a big inconvenience to both my family and business as I have been stuck here in Johannesburg and have not been able to be with my family nor attend to my business operations, which are out in Kwa-Zulu Natal.

I have on several occasions tried to communicate with the towing company but my efforts have been fruitless thus far.

My request is that MiWay as my insurer and the contractor to the towing company should be facilitate the resolving of the matter with the towing company a.s.a.p.

Yours Sincerely,

Jeff Wimpey

• Tr
      Feb 03, 2016

have lodged a claim c697994 with my miway because my car key insert had broken and I was advised by mpumi kumbe to go make a quotation and send it to her which I did however when I check the status of my claim it says closed but I have not received any feedback from miway why was the claim closed

Apr 16, 2016

Hi ther
    I have lodge a claim C712710 with miyway because I get an accident on 03/03/2016 before they can get the car and see how it damage I get an email from Cidelia Baeker that the will right it off, and then I must go to the bank an get a settlement after all I done she call me to advise me it can be a possibility to declined my policy and refund me after a week I call her for a feedback within a 30minutes she call me and told me my claim has been rejected and know they bring back my car with lot of mark and im struggling to get my money back cause they fail to do their work you cant continue keep debit my money if the information was wrong because I told you everything why you don't go and check everything like you did know before you start take my money today I got a problem you reject my policy and im struggling also to get my money.

• Mo
      Aug 30, 2016

Rejecting my claim and cancel my contract.
    Policy Number: 29040958
    Claim Number: 755944 & 755977
    Correspondence Ref: 345652838

I signed up with Miway as they were cheaper and the service seemed better. Today I regret it. After being burgled in June, I was finally advised in July that my claim had been rejected and my contract cancelled. While waiting to have my claim finalised I had asked more than once, if there was a problem, only to be advised that there was not. However a month after the burglary I was advised that there were fraudulent and dishonest and I should remove this product from the list. I did not. If I did not own it, how can I claim for it? It seems to me that they look for little things to reject your full claim, that to me is fraudulent and dishonest and this is how they score. If there had been a problem from the beginning why did they not state so then? Well, now they have my payments and I am black listed!!! I sit with my cars and my House that is not insured. Please let me know if there is someone that was unhappy with Sean Pay the assessor. I will not be the victim of being called a fraud!! I will tack this to the end. My Clam is +_ R80 000 but it is not about the Money it is about my NAME. If it will cost me R x, I will an can pay it to clear my name.
    Morne Lindeque

• Ke
      May 16, 2017

Policy number :33034105
    Claim number :822517
    Correspondence ref :371204946

I have lodge a claim 822517 with miyway because I get an accident on february 2017 they arrange the truck to take my car to the nearest panel beat and they call me on 22/02/2017 it was leezhaen williams said miyway didnt receive my premium on the collection date, I willl not have any cover for the period for which I did not pay. and he said I must send him a bank statement to see that the was money on the day of collection the 15/02/2017 but they still debit my money with my car still not repaired

I was paying r571.60, then 1 may 2017 they send me an email telling me they renew my policy and the total monthly debit amount has been adjusted to r721.85 and is effective from 31 may 2017.