Mitsubishi / WD-Y65 Projection TV / $249.00 lamp went out in 13 months!
I purchased a 65 inch Mitsubishi projection tv on 11/06/06. It was delivered to my home on 11/10/06. So far, I have had 2 parts that failed within 13 months of this purchase. The first part was a "heat sensor," and I was told that it was a part that frequently failed and the serviceman wouldn't have to diagnose the problem, because it was a known fact that the heat sensors in this particular model, MODEL NO. WD-Y65, had this problem ALL the time. The part was replaced by a contracted repair service for Mitsubishi, but it took a very long time for them to receive the part and several phone calls to learn the status of the order for the heat sensor. Now, after having that part replaced after several weeks of waiting, I now have another part that has failed. As of 12/10/07, I have contacted 2 of their so-called dealers regarding a lamp part, PART # 915P049010. The one dealer located in Fairview Heights, Illinois informed me that they will no longer service a Mitsubishi product that was not purchased through them. Then, I phoned another dealer in Collinsville, Illinois, but they have not responded. So, I now decided to just go online and order this lamp part myself. This one small lamp part, PART #915P049010, sells for $249.00 AND IS ON BACKORDER!!! Can you believe it? This television is a LEMON. Apparently, this LAMP PART and HEAT SENSOR are FAULTY from the beginning. I just read in the owners manual that the lamp may be functional for a year, depending on the use of the television, etc. Now, isn't that just a fine piece of information? This television cost me $2,849.99 plus tax in November, 2006, and now is continuing to cost me. I DID NOT TAKE OUT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY with CIRCUIT CITY, BECAUSE I SAID TO THE SALESPERSON, "IF THE PRODUCT IS AS GOOD AS YOU ARE STATING IT IS, I DO NOT NEED AN ADDITIONAL WARRANTY!!!" Now, I have to eat those words...
Disgusted in Illinois,
Mrs. Daryl O. Ryan
p.s. Never again will I purchase a Mitsubishi. I have a LG 42" LCD wall mount tv in my bedroom and a LG 52" Plasma wall mount tv in my living room. There will never be another Mitsubishi tv in this home, as long as I'm residing here... nothing but problems... a TRUE LEMON!!!
More Mitsubishi / WD-Y65 Projection TV Complaints & Reviews
- Mitsubishi WD-52631 TV - bad product, worse service! 
- Red Deer Mitsubishi - falsifing work orders then not performing the work 
- Mitsubishi WD-73927 DLP Projection TV - terrible after sales service! 
- Mitsubishi - useless service center 
- Mitsubishi Motors - worst customer service ever! 
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - harassment of collections agents
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - service
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - rip off
- [Resolved] Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - lied to by a mitsubishi manager and I want my reimbursement
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation - navigation