Mission Villas / Silver Lakes Helendale Renamed

27160 Vista Road.Helendale, CA, United States Review updated:
4.05
See Silver Lakes complaints. Same place same management, same bad deal. YOU WILL BE SORRY!! Contact the group if you have been scammed.
For more information leave message at [protected]. They renamed this place to hide the bad press about Silver Lakes Vacation Club.
Er

Comments

Fr
  12th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I need to complain about these people at this resort they really really ripped me off. They asked me for more money to upgrade their resort not mine.. I am due on 2017 but it won't be mine. They are asking me to upgrade to better deal.. They got pissed off because I didn't get their upgrade to RCI.. they called me names such as son of bith, stupid, idiot. just because I did not get thier offer of $8, 000 + for the upgrade. I need help to get my money back wich i Paid an extra $1, 500.00 plus maintenance fees which is ok for maintenance fees.
An
  5th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I am a 9 yr Silver Lakes Resort owner as well and I did upgrade. (that was given to me by my Aunt) I was invited to stay at the old but clean resort for a couple night last year right before Christmas. I needed a little getaway from the hustle and bustle and took them up on their invitation for a free two night stay.
I checked in on a Thursday and the following day I visited with David. I was educated on how the assessment fee was voted on and passed in 2008. As a responsible homeowner and timeshare owner I truly wanted to do the right thing to pay the fee but kept thinking about better things I could spend my money on. He offered to have the fee waived when I converted to the new resort. I wanted to see what all this RCI stuff was about so I could have better use of my monies and hear what all my options were.

After a nice tour of the resort, the newly built Mission Villas rooms, lunch and 1½ hours of my day were spent I was, and still am convinced the RCI conversion is the right move for me.

I think it is terrible for people to say bad things about this place. My experience with the people there and this place has been and still is only great. Before you listen to any of the garbage, my advice to anyone inquiring on Mission Villas and the nice resort is to go in or listen to what they have to say about RCI and how to go to other places.
Unlike this person I am very happy with my decision of converting. Responsibility comes with ownership. My time spent there was a wise move I gained a credit for my equity and had the fees waived to gain a better deal. I will be able to share this with all my adult kids as well. It is a perfect getaway especially if you golf.
Co
  27th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
There is a class action suit pending against SLVC by owners contesting the special assessment fee of $1500 and many other complaints. The developer is rebuilding the old SLVC units (which have been run down and lost the RCI membership) and then making the rebuilt units a part of Mission Villas (a complete new time share). They are strong arming the SLVC members to join the Mission Villa with the special assessment fees (first of $1500, and others to come in quick succession). The Mission Villas is not listed on the RCI exchange site so be careful. The old members are in trouble as the divisor to calculate fees keeps going down with units being converted and the fees are not going into the remaining old units. There us something very wrong with what is going on at SLVC and Mission Villas - be careful!!!
St
  23rd of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Mission Villas and Silverlakes Vacation Club have been shut down (warned not to sell anything until they fix the forged documents they have been passing out). They tell all suspecting buyers that they are not getting sued and they are suing a few bad debt owners (now a group of over 100). They ignore the law and extort money from anyone foolish enough to fall for the scam.
Bunch is the developer and everything associated with this man is a lie. He has not legally been able to sell anything since the 80's. This is when he lost his licensee and no one has been able to stop him since he got out of jail. The law looks the other way, and Victorville courts finally got it, but way to late to save multitudes of owners so scared they paid him $6000 to get out of the contract that was illegal to begin with. Same on Victorville courts, but justice will prevail not soon enough.
Jc
  9th of Sep, 2012
The Associates for Truth won their fraud lawsuit on all counts against Silver Lakes Vacation Club and WDB Marketing the operators of both Mission Villas and SLVC. The group was rewarded hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages. Stay away.
Li
  9th of Sep, 2012
On Sept. 7, 2012 Silver Lakes Vacation Club (the overriding management of Mission Villas as well as their sales organization WDB Marketing and its owner William Bunch, as well as the past general manager (who still works for the company) were found guilty of Breach of Contract, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and violations of the Timeshare Act of 2004.

Thia is NOT an organization you want to be involved with.

You can find out more about the lawsuit and repercussions as things move forward at www.aftslvc.com
Di
  1st of Mar, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I AM a currant owner and have personally been abused by the Manager in the form of yelling, threatening and claiming that he will send me to small claims court. Problem is I've paid. I have owned up to 14 time shares at one time and NEVER had the same treatment anywhere else. The information is always vague and ambiguous. They are always trying to pull something. The new units are very nice looking, but they are the same as other time shares that treat you right. The old units have not been converted yet even with the fire that took 1 down. Never kept up clean. I know that this group are all creeps but I can't give this darn thing away either. When I was late, and I was, this years' maintenance fee was charged to my credit card without my know it. They state that they keep the card numbers on file. Go to your credit card company and block SLVC from charging anything to your card without you being there and giving the credit card company personal permission.
Si
  11th of Nov, 2013
Dear Disgruntled long time owner: It sounds like you would like to get out of your membership at Silver Lakes/Mission Villas. I'm sure by now you know about the lawsuit, Silverlakes lost. Those of us that didn't know about the lawsuit have started another one. If you would like to join us and get rid of Silverlakes forever pleease call me, Linda - at 805-577-1808 if I'm not home I will call you back.
Sb
  14th of Jan, 2014
My wife and I purchased at SLVR back in '87 or '88. We had many problems. Originally, the sales associate said that they would help us sell our timeshare should we ever decide to. When we finally had enough of their lies, we contacted them to sell. First we were told to pay our current years' maintenance fees. We paid the fees. Then we were told they couldn't do anything unless we paid the balance of the mortgage (approximately $1, 500.00) and sent them the request in writing. We sent a letter, along with the balance we owed, waited a few weeks, and after never hearing from them; called them. They said they never got the letter, however, they did receive the payment. Sent another letter. They "never received" it either. This went on several times. Finally sent the letter "Return Receipt Requested". By the time they messed around, we went into another year and had to pay another maintenance fee. After all was said and done, we were finally able to give the timeshare back to Silver Lakes. We could never exchange our week and could not sell it. These people did nothing but lie to us over and over again. When they sent us a ballot to vote on new board members, I wrote on it, "None of the above. You are all a bunch of liars". Mr. Bunch called me on the phone, cussed me out and threatened to sue me for "slander". Well it's only slander if you're not telling the truth, which he should know very well. Somehow I don't think he would have talked to me like that in person. Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with these crooks any longer. We had our timeshare for about six years.
Kt
  18th of Feb, 2017
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My husband and I are still trying to get out of our membership. The collection agency said for several thousand dollars we can get a full release. Is this how you were finally able to give your timeshare membership back to them?