Mission Urgent Care Dr. Baniadam / Negligence

1 616 S Coast HwyOceanside, CA, United States
Phone: 760-722-3203

I told the doctor of my family history of reye syndrome and that I was allergic to aspirin on my vist to the doctor for a sore throat. The dotcor prescribed me diclofenac for the sore throat. I picked up the prescription and noticed that the bottle had an aspirin warning that said do not take if you have aspirin allergy. So, when I got home I searched google for diclofenac and reye syndrome and found several cases of diclofenac inducing reye syndrome. Since reye syndrome is pretty rare I willing to let this slide, but I at least wanted the doctor to know about it so I called him and told him that I looked up diclofenace and reye syndrome on google and found several cases of that drug causing reye syndrome. I told him that i just wanted to let him know so he doesn't prescribe this to high risk reye syndrome patients again in the future. the doctor immediately got very defensive and said that he disagrees with me that diclofenac can cause reye syndrome and refused to look up diclofenac and reye syndrome on google as i requested. I am disappointed at how the doctor handled this.