Mission Chiropractic / Wrong Bill amount

1280 Benton Street, CA 95050Santa Clara, CA, United States Review updated:
1.25
Phone: 408-243-9381
Hi,

I was a patient of the Chiropractic doctor named Dr. Bourget at Mission Chiropractic. I am getting wrong medical balance amount as outstanding from his office. When I called and spoke to them, they said my insurance did not pay them. When I called my insurance (Humana)they sais this particular chiropractor and his practice is not in their provider's list.

This was contradictory to what the doctor said - that he is part of the Humana insurance.

I keep getting harassing mails about wrong balances each time.

Please help .

Thanks
Sreenivasan Balaji

Comments

Ba
  18th of Aug, 2008
Hi Sreenivasan,
I have the same problem with Dr. Bourget. He's a fairly OK chiropractor but the administration side of his practice is poorly run. I am getting the notices for late payment from him as well. I called my insurance carrier (Aetna) and was informed that Dr. Bourget has 2 employer ID numbers. One ID is in-network; one is out of network. Dr. Bourget's office submitted the WRONG Emp. ID number for my charges.

I am hoping Dr. Bourget's and my insurance carrier can reprocess the charges in a timely manner.

But going forward, I will not be going back due to the horrible administrative service I got.
I'm sure there are other patients out there who are in the same boat as we are.
Lo
  6th of Mar, 2009
All though I don't dispute the bad treatment you recieved from the staff. The ins company was wrong as well. They should have saw the Tax ID was out of network as soon as they put it in the system. Once informed the "rudey" would have entered the right ID.
I do this full time & have ran across the same type of stuff.
It really is the patients responsability to make sure the Dr is in network. You have access to ALL of your own network ben's by phone or web site. We have to start looking out for ourselves because TRUST ME, the ins company wont. It is very hard anymore to find a employee that will go the extra mile for the you & then expecting them to do it nicely is really asking alot(smile) Never trust anyone when it comes to your money. Research it yourself, that way you know it will be done RIGHT. Sorry you were treated badly, They were both wrong.
Some of us still put PT care above all, however healthcare & ins. co are getting scary.
Ta
  29th of Jun, 2009
Well, I would not be blaming the doctor...the insurance companies are awful to deal with and seeing it from the doctors' side, I say the insurance companies try to find a way not to pay and they make the doctors as well as patients jump through hoops to get paid. It's a messed up system. With insurance companies always making changes, I'm sure it's also difficult to stay on top of things.

You should call your insurance company and try to get it straightened out because it is your insurance company, not the doctor involved. They try to participate to be in-network with the insurance companies to benefit you, not them so much, as they get piled with rejections, paperwork, insurance problems, and more. It is the patients responsibility to verify your own benefits!

Sorry to hear about your problem, but I'm sure it can get rectified with some patience and polite phonecalls.
Best wishes for your health and happiness!!!
Qs
  30th of Jun, 2010
You are responsible for verifying your doctor's in-network status with your insurance company, NOT the doctor.. doctors lie and doctors have many different plans they work with.. they don't know if your specific plan has them in-network so you have to contact the insurance company.