Mirena IUD / disloding of device

1 Shelbyville, KY, United States Review updated:

My daughter had the Mirena IUD implanted after the birth of her daughter in 2009. She recently had to have it removed because it had totally flipped upside down and was causing her severe abdominal pain. She now has been contacted by the doctor and told that she has cervical cancer. I want women to think 100 times over before they chose to have this device implanted for birth control. I am a walking mess right now just waiting to find out what is going to happen. I have read many different complaints about this and they all describe the same symptoms that my daughter has had.

Comments

• Ev
      30th of Apr, 2012

I had the Mirena put in 2007 and am now going to doctor to have a test on Friday because I have thickness of the uterine wall which I am told I have to have a minor test done (which after I looked up could be for cancer also). I also have been told that my liver enzymes were up. I had bumps at one time on my pelvis area like a blister but doctor did biopsy and we never did find a cause. I hated using this IUD but needed something. There is always risks of using things. Glad you started this so if this needs to be recalled they will. I will keep you posted in about three weeks of my biopsy. Say a prayer for me. I am doing the same for you.

• Pr
      10th of Oct, 2012

IM KEEPING YOU ALL IN MY PRAYERS I WAS ALSO A USER OF THIS IUD HAVE ALL THE SIDE EFFECTS ONCE I GOT IT FEB 2008 WITH A YEAR I GOT TESTS FOR MY WOMEN'S CHECK-UP FOUND OUT I GOT CANCER GOT IT TREATED HAD BAD SIDE PAIN MY PERIOD STOP THE LIST GOES ON KEEP YOUR PRAYERS LIFTED UP AND LETS FIGHT THIS OFF THE BIRTH CONTROL LIST