Miraculous Rescues / Dog Abandonment!

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:

Due to a serious illness I was foced to make the decision to downsize my animal family. Meesha has a lot of energy so I began looking for a home for her. I was beginning a treatment that caused brittle bones, and was backed into a corner with Meesha and was considering surrendering her to a local, reputable, no kill shelter. Britney Spreadborough of Miraculous Rescue contacted me and offered to... take in Meesha until she could find a home. I explained that because Meesha was an ex abuse case she needed special attention. Britney assured me she could handle Meesha's issues, and that she would be safe and rehabilitated with her.

I surrendered Meesha to Britney's boyfriend Joel Stephens on March 8, 2012. Britney promised pics and updates of Meesha's progress. On March 13, 2012 Britney contacted me and said that Meesha 'had to go' because she 'barked too much at night.' I questioned her on how Meesha was being kept and she informed me she was staying in her garage at night. I explained to Britney Meesha was scared, alone in a cold garage at night and she needed to move her kennel inside, where she could know there were people with her. Britney informed me that Meesha was now HER dog and I didn't know what she needed. I explained to her I was on a fixed income and could not come get Meesha until April 1, 2012 when I had the money. She informed me if I came to get Meesha there would be a 'boarding fee' and I explained I probably couldn't afford that, but I would attempt to borrow the money to come get her asap. Britney told me she was surrendering Meesha to the Humane Society. I felt so helpless I went into an anxiety attack and ended up in the hospital with worries that my heart could stop because of my disease.

When I got home from the hospital on March 13, 2012 I began searching the Reno Humane Society website for Meesha, but I couldn't find her. I got onto Washoe County Animal Control's website and there she was: Dog #A206529, Kennel #32, turned in as a 'STRAY' Britney Spreadborough walked past the door to the Humane Society (which is no kill) to turn Meesha in as a stray to Animal Control!

After another anxiety attack, I contacted WAC and any and everyone who would hear Meesha's story! I explained to WAC who I was and what had happened with Britney Spreadborough, and that Meesha was not a stray. I was informed that Meesha would have to pass a temperament test (which included cats, and Meesha does not like cats) to be considered for adoption through the Humane Society. If she didn't pass the test, she would die.

A wonderful group of people called the Bully Alliance stepped up to help, payed Meesha's inpound fees, and for our nearly 200 mile trip Reno to save her life. Meesha is now home, safe and sound, and WAC is currently investigating abandonment charges on Britney.

Because of this girl, Meesha nearly died. She is no rescuer, she is a monster, and I NEVER want any family to go through what mine did. Stay away from this woman!

Comments

• La
      17th of Mar, 2012
    Miraculous Rescues - Abandoment of a Dog!
    Miraculous Rescues
    Nevada
    facebook.com

Due to a serious illness I was foced to make the decision to downsize my animal family. Meesha has a lot of energy so I began looking for a home for her. I was beginning a treatment that caused brittle bones, and was backed into a corner with Meesha and was considering surrendering her to a local, reputable, no kill shelter. Britney Spreadborough of Miraculous Rescue contacted me and offered to take in Meesha until she could find a home. I explained that because Meesha was an ex abuse case she needed special attention. Britney assured me she could handle Meesha's issues, and that she would be safe and rehabilitated with her.