Mio Card / Screwed up my Social Security Direct Deposit

MIO Card, on InComm.comm company
P. O. Box 603
2-4-09 FDIC Complaint against MIOCARD, InComm and The BankCorp Bank of Wilmington, Delaware.

Each month the U.S. Treasury deposits my Social Security Disability check into my MIOCARD debit card account through direct deposit.
On 3 February, 2009 this did not occur and when I contacted MIOCARD Customer Service at [protected], their customer service representatives tried to convince me that the Social Security Administration had "attempted" to make a deposit but it did not go through because the debit card I HAD, that ended in 6745 had expired and that it would take me 2-3 weeks to file another direct deposit request with Social Security.

Their customer service personnel did not know that I am not stupid and that the funds get transferred through routing and bank account numbers, NOT the debit card / Master Card numbers.

After verifying through the SSA that the problem did in fact exist within the InComm/MIOCARD banking system, I called the MIOCARD customer service once again. This time trying to access my account information on the Internet while I spoke with the customer service agent.

NONE of my account information, account history or anything past the last (5) transactions is available to me through the Internet and the MIOCARD customer service agent lamented that SHE couldn't access anything to do with my account history either.

It is evident that the problems lie within incompetant customer service level management at MIOCARD customer service and their online banking system which poses a great danger to ALL account holders and our funds.

THIS issues all need to be deeply investigated and immediate solutions applied to prevent this from happening in the future.
I shutter to think that all of our accounts are being siphoned for illegal purposes and us customers being stonewalled so that InComm and MIOCARD can reap the billions in interest money from collectively stalling our funds from hitting our accounts.

Please feel free to contact me (24/7) either on my cell phone [protected] or by E-Mail to: GregoryRomeu@hotmail.com

Semper Fidelis,
Gregory Romeu

It would be benificial if the FDIC investigate this banking system and issue a harsh warning in regards to the delay of people's social security direct deposits, irregardless wether or not their systems have a "glitch", as this issue is causing me to miss traveling some 250 miles from Tulsa, Oklahoma to the VA Hospital in Dallas Texas to see my medical personnel to address a health issue related to a broken back after being struck and disabled by a tractor-trailer rig and driver.
These types of issues should be readily remedied by funds available with the bank(s) and the problems NOT laid into the hands of the disabled to suffer yet more demise in our lives as we are already suffering enough as it is.

Please complete this form if you have a question regarding FDIC deposit insurance coverage, or an inquiry or a complaint regarding your financial institution. Once the form has been submitted you will receive the Customer Assistance Confirmation page indicating that your request has been received.
Please note that if you have a complaint:
• We cannot act as a court of law or as a lawyer on your behalf.
• We cannot give you legal or financial advice.
• We cannot become actively involved in complaints that are in litigation or have been litigated.
Indicate whether you are a: Consumer OR Banker

Complaint Information:

Describe events in the order in which they occurred, including any names, phone numbers, and a full description of the problem with the amount(s) and date(s) of any transaction(s). Do not include personal or confidential information such as your social security, credit card, or bank account numbers. If you need to provide COPIES of any supporting documentation such as contracts, monthly statements, receipts or any correspondence with the bank (do not send original documents), you may mail or fax this information to:

FDIC Consumer Response Center
2345 Grand Boulevard, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64108
(Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST)
[protected] (Fax number)

FDIC 6422/04 (10-05)
Last Updated 07/27/2007 consumeralerts@fdic.gov

Customer Assistance Confirmation

Thank you for contacting the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).

Your email was received by the FDIC on February 4, 2009. The FDIC's Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection will respond to your complaint or inquiry in accordance with the following schedule:

• If the FDIC does not need to contact an FDIC-supervised bank for information to respond adequately
to your question or concern, you may expect to receive a response from the FDIC within 14 calendar
• If the FDIC needs to contact an FDIC-supervised bank for information, you may expect to receive a
response from the FDIC within 60 calendar days.
The FDIC supervises state-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System. Questions or concerns about a financial institution that is not supervised by the FDIC, such as a bank with the words "National" or "Federal" in its name, will be forwarded to the appropriate federal regulatory agency for response. We will also provide you with contact information for that agency.
The FDIC also insures deposits in most banks and savings associations located in the United States. The FDIC protects depositors against the loss of their deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. If your email is related to a deposit insurance question it will be answered by appropriate FDIC staff in accordance with the timelines referenced above.
You may be contacted by the FDIC for additional information if needed to respond fully to your inquiry or complaint.
As part of its supervisory responsibility, the FDIC assists consumers with complaints by informing them of their rights under federal consumer protection laws and by reviewing the bank's actions to assess whether the bank has complied with such laws. The FDIC's authority to act on your behalf is limited to the enforcement of federal banking laws and regulations for banks supervised by the FDIC. The FDIC is not authorized to intervene when the matter involves a factual disagreement with the bank and no clarifying documentation is available, or if the matter is or has been the subject of litigation.
If you have submitted a complaint regarding an FDIC-supervised bank, your complaint may be forwarded to the bank for additional information. It is FDIC policy to fully review the available information after receiving the bank's response. While we conduct our review, you are free to try to resolve this matter by other means available to you. If you have additional questions or information concerning your complaint, you may contact the FDIC at the address provided below.

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection
Consumer Response Center
2345 Grand Boulevard, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64108
1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-[protected])

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The MIOCARD Site touts ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Purchase an 'instant issue' Mio Now Card in a retail store near you, activate and use it the same day by calling Customer Service, and get a personalized Mio Money Prepaid MasterCard® Card in 5-7 business days for even more purchasing advantages.

I give a Mio Card to my babysitter so she always has money for my kids' expenses. I can instantly monitor transactions and manage expenses when I'm not there.

• A personalized Mio Money Prepaid MasterCard® gives you purchasing advantages
• Use anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted
• 2 cards - Both remain active - Share money worldwide
• Direct deposit your paycheck
• Protect Your Cash
• Secure Online Purchases
• Help manage money for teens, spouses and others
• Go online and use it to travel
• Monitor transactions online instantly
• Purchase long distance or wireless minutes by calling Customer Service

The Mio Card is perfect for my son, the college student. We load it up every month and he can use it whenever he needs it. It's a great budgeting tool and I never have to worry about him being stranded without money. And, the Mio Card is teaching him how to manage his money.

• Purchase, load and use your card instantly
• No credit check - No bank account required
• Accepted at thousands of locations in the U.S.
• Your money is protected from fraud, loss, cash and identity theft
• Direct deposit your paycheck
• Give to your employees
• Low monthly fee - 50% less than check cashing fees

Have Questions about the Mio Card? View our FAQs to answer any questions you might have about our Mio Money Prepaid MasterCard® and our Mio Now Card.
*Obtaining Your Card: The USA PATRIOT Act is a federal law that requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.

More Mio Card Complaints & Reviews

Plus Mio Card - Cic-Ce Credit Report [11]
Plus Mio Card - 35 mins to activate

N  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
My story is the same...only the date has changed. It is Friday March 3. 2009 @ 4:35 pm and i have yet to receive my funds.
I was assured by Teresa, a supervisor at Mio that they are "working on it at the moment".
I have also failed to get the e-mail she promised me updating me on the progress of the "fix".
Now i'm wondering if they are still "working on it" or are they goibg home as is customary on weekends and i will have to wait into next week for my funds...Brian Speer Odon, Indiana

A  23rd of Oct, 2009 by
my story is the same no one at mio knows what the other person is telling you and they put in any thing they want after your conversation is done, we have been trying since october 13, 2009 to get money that was supposedly in post authorization status out but they have yet to release it back to our card carol told us it might be next week if they ok the letter from the company who put a stop payment collection on the money, they told me this morning to call after 5pm today and it would be on my card but here it is 9:38pm cental time and guess what NO MONEY and the accounting department went home at 5:00 pm and they dont work weekends, so we get screwed again bye mio/snap pay
A  19th of Jan, 2012 by
My daughter received a MIO money card has a gift ..in order to activate it we have to give personal information like her SS card number... that 's insane !! for a pre-paid Card..??? so i refused to provide SS card number for a $ 10.00 gift card. We will never see that money and when it expires MIO will profit $10.00 dolllars. How many Cards are they making money on because of people like me that refuses to give SS card number. This is insane. Someone needs to investigate this Company.

Lynn Stephens
A  31st of Jan, 2012 by
I am currently on the phone with MIO Money Card customer service for the 7th time and going through the run around for the 6th time. They requested copies of my driver's license and social security card to be faxed to them. I have done this and verified the email address several times. The email address was correct. Each time they tell me they won't know if it arrived or not for four hours. Then when I call back, they say they didn't receive it and refuse to activate the card. At this point, I am so fed up with this it's pathetic. There is a lot of money on the card that I can not afford to loose. And I have bills that are due today. Again, they are requiring this information to be sent, ONCE AGAIN before they will activate it. AGAIN, I confirmed the correct address and AGAIN I have a delivery confirmation stating they have in fact received it. This is absolutely insane. If this issue isn't resolved TODAY I am making a complaint against them to FDIC, BBB, and all over the internet. People if you are thinking about using this card, THINK TWICE!
D  17th of Feb, 2012 by
My story is a little bit different. I don't usually keep much money on my card, i only have it for small online buys and things like that. My balance was $43.11, then added $500 to it. My balance shows that it now $543. But, when i went to make a purchase online for $37.92 it told it could not be processed. I tried ordering the same item off of another site, thinking that maybe it was just the website again. But, once again, it told me that i needed to revise my payment information. I tried one more site and it told me i had insufficient funds. Keep in mind, my total was $37.92 and my previous balance was $43.11. So even if my 500 hadn't yet been put on (which, was added two days before) it should have still worked. I checked my balance on my MIO several times while this was going on and it said it was $543. I haven't called them yet, I was going to give it another day or two to see if it would start working first. Has anyone else had this problem? what is going on?