Mint Financial Tax Services / Fraudulent invoicing

1 Columbus, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 706-322-2361

I was referred to this company by a friend of mine, Kwasi Roberts. Kwasi works for The Credit Advisory in Bethesda, MD. He sent my tax information down to Mint Financial in Columbus, GA and told me the price for services would be $125. I never received an invioce for services. After almost 2 months of waiting, I finally receive my tax forms only to find out that almost $800 was taking from both my Federal AND State tax refunds!! I have called several times trying to get my money back, but I have been ignored or told to file a complaint with the IRS. These people have stolen money and they need to be punished! I don't know what else to do, since I live in MD. I can't call the police, can I? After more research I found two people who work for Mint Financial on myspace. I think I might be more successful if I just press charges against them since the company only employs 3 people. I don't know how these people are able to take so much money, but I am a single mother and I need every dime I am owed.

If you know what I should do, please email me. Bermielove@yahoo.com
Thanks~

Comments

• Fr
      28th of Apr, 2009

I also referred a friend to get her taxes done here. After 3 months of waiting she nevered recieved a dime only to call the irs and be told that she recieved 10, 000 in refund money. 3000 was taken for student loans so where is the rest??? I feel extremly bad for referring her. She is on her own in Atlanta from Newyork with no family or no help. Shes going through hard times now and is about to get evicted out of her apartment. I feel like this is a real messed up situation and i hate that i am in the middle of it, i thought i was referring her to someone who could help her out and instead she really screwed her. The only thing you can do is report them to the bbb and call the irs but this still does not guarantee you will get your money because obviously their doing fradulant things to get these refunds...

• Pr
      19th of May, 2009

I'VE BEEN GETING MY TAXES DONE BY MINT TAX FOR 4 YEARS NOW, AND I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THERE SERVICE. EACH YEAR I RECEIVE ALL OF MY TAX REFUND ON TIME. THOSE ARE FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE. I WILL BE FILING WITH MINT TAX SERVICE NEXT YEAR... LISA BROWN

• Mi
      19th of May, 2009

Hi Lisa Brown - what were the names of the people who did your taxes?? When we called to complain, they REFUSED to provide their last names!! Who does that as a respectable business??

• As
      21st of Sep, 2009

First of all, if you sue, make sur eit is the owner of the company, as anyone else is probably a waste of money for you. Also make sure you have lots of proof. I am tired of fighting for my hard earned money back! So I am taking a stand and telling everyone I can about Bustabill (visit www.bustabill.com). Any invoice, telemarketing or rate reducing you need verified, voided or reduced, they take care of. The best thing is that they actually contact the company for you. Posting complaints is great for others to be aware but this company doesn't just push paperwork back and forth, they get it done!

• Sp
      2nd of Oct, 2009

It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.

Sincerely,

• Da
      2nd of Apr, 2012

Additional Information:

Please note that the business & owners below operate under various names & locations

Shade Bakare Derek Chaka