Mint Auto Sales / Rip off

1 4625 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916-973-8400

I bought a Toyota sequoia from Mint Auto Sales i traded in a suv i owed them 1500 more for the down payment. The car ran pretty good for about 2 weeks, then the suv started running hot. I notified my car salesman about the problem. He replied the car was sold as is and your responsible for the car. When will you be able to bring in the rest of your down payment. I replied there's no way i would be able to make that down payment and get the car fixed, he said we are going to need the down payment from you are bring the car in until you complete the down.

I had no way of getting to work the car was running hot and they wanted me to drive to the lot and turn the car in until i complete the down. i left the car at work until i could get the money to tow it to a shop for repairs. i went to Mint Auto Sales and took them 800 dollars more.

A week later they picked the car up from work where it had been sitting, told me the reposed the car for the rest of the down. About 3 years later they filed a civil suit against me claiming i had a warranty on the car. I never received such paper work for going to court on this matter.

On the complaint states they served me personally, at a house i haven't lived in at least 2 years received a judgment on me when i wasn't there to plead my case. Sued me for a repair warranty on the car i didn't know i had.

The salesman said it was my responsibility the forgot to mention to me about this warranty I'm currently paying for. Do not purchase from this shady company your better off going to a major dealership at least the will back there product. I'm sorry I had to learn the hard way. Don't get mixed up with this shady lot. Don't Shop Shady Lot.

Va

Comments

16th of Jun, 2012

Terrible service, cars perform poorly and are overpriced. The idiot said the brake light was on because of the parking brake being activated while driving. The only reason the parking brake was activated at all was because I set it after the test drive being as the brakes were fading and front right wheel was lite up like a oven.