Minit lube / Continual upselling

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

The MinitLube at Calgary Crowfoot and Calgary 16th Ave continually attempt to upsell to items that are not required. They then proceed to not properly do the oil change. On one occasion I had insufficient oil installed although the tires were liberally lubricated, and just yesterday I had way too much oil installed. The continual upselling is ridiculaous. I have had them try to sell me a new air filter that has only been installed for 6 months in the winter and only city use. I have had them try to upsell a change in power steering fluid but when taken to a dealer they say there is nothing wrong with it. It appears they have an upsell of the month. This month's is engine flush. Heaven help you if a female takes the vehicle in. Everything is wrong even when the vehicle is almost new. I strongly recommend to not patronize this outfit

Ha

Comments

• Ca
      7th of Jun, 2009

I know what you mean here.Although I haven't been to minit lube I have had exactly the same experience before at a place called pro lube ltd. in Bowness across from bow cycle.Every time I have been in they are recommending services there is now way my vehicle could possibly need given that the car is practically brand new.That combined with the fact that the staff look like they are struggling to hit puberty.It seems few of these places are worthy of patronizing but I've had great luck The Oil Drop on memorial drive in parkdale .They seem to ease off on the high pressure and I feel safe sending my wife there.

• Go
      13th of Jun, 2009

Minit Lube is awesome! Ive been bringing vehicles to 17th ave . for service for 30 years, and never have they tried to upsell anything. Although they have recommended "preventive maintenance"! which is why I go there. Correct me if I am wrong but Power steering fluid will break down just like any other fluid right? Power steering fluid is an oil right? I thought oil was designed to clean, cool and suspend contaminates? Can any oil, gear oil clean and suspend dirt and metal for ever? hmmm maybe you might want to try another dealer because on every dodge Ive ever owned they recommend changing power steering fluid every 60 to 96, 000 km... and every Ford Ive ever owned has recommended no intervals and that said everyFord I have ever owned had a whiny steering box but when changed regularly by MinitLube(not Ford) it made a significant difference. If you dont want an airfilter or powersteering service then just say know. Keep in mind folks, if you spend 30 or 40, 000 on a new vehicle and plan on keeping it forever.. you might want to remeber that the manufacture wants you to buy another one sooner then later therefore will tell you never to change certain fluids.

• Br
      12th of Feb, 2013

The Minute Lube on Macleod trail and heritage is absolutely HORRIBLE. They did not put the proper amount of oil in my car and damaged my oil pressure sending unit. The manager there would not accept ANY responsibility and refused to pay for the repair with a cocky and ignorant/rude attitude. My family and I will NEVER return and I hope by writing this to spare others of the headache and waste of time I just went through!