Ministry of External Affairs / Passport Division / Delay in passport

1 India Review updated:

I had applied for Passport at Regional Passport Office In Ghaziabad, in August and after 3 months I got it. BUT they put ECR Stamp in my passport although I had applied for ECNR Status as I am an Engineer. Immediately on 20 Dec. 2006 I submitted my passport for Correction & even after about 4 months nothing happened.

So, I went on 5 April 2007, RPO said to meet PRO for assistance. After standing for 3 hours in Queue I met her. PRO said that she will look into it & It will be dispatched on 10 Apr 2007.

But Till date I have not received it. Any1 from Ministry of External Affairs Listening???

Can any1 help!!! Its independent India where corrupt & useless fellow have made the mockery of system. This is the service we are paying for!

Comments

• Su
      24th of Apr, 2007

I had been applied for the passport on the month of September 2006 with file numbers: Z407105-06, 407106-06, Z404107-06 reference to name sulabh jain, madhujain, sunil jain. But still its 8 months going to past and i didn't receive my passport on my hand.

Its always showing status: It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the dispatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time.

• De
      16th of Dec, 2007

i have received my renewal passport on 16/11/2007 against my passport file no. b021447/07 wherin i found spelling & address was wrong. it was gross negligience & they have made this mistake inadvertantly. i submitted the same for correction but till date i have not received the same.

it is very painful to contact with the higher official & get redressed because of your complex system for communication, we have made payment, sacrifies 4 days leave & passing through anxity without any fault of mine. i have to visit outside india immediately for overseas job. please do justice.

• Ra
      5th of Jun, 2008

I am also facing problem in getting passport of my daughet, sent for correction to Passport Office, Bhopal, in the date of birth from 20.09.1968 to 20.09.1986.

Passport No. G5863280 was sent on 04.03.2008, delivered on 05.03.2008, alongwith draft NO.TGG5460210dt.03.03.08 for Rs.1000/- drawn & payable at PNB Bhopal.

Now 3 months has completed & despite repeated letter, Fax, E Mail still waiting for the same.
    When contacted on helpline " by post kyon Bheja khood ate .Naeye Passport office ne sari dank apne piche rakh rakhi hain !3 mahine se koi lifaf nahi kula -akar karwa sakte ho to karwa le jao"

Form Gwalior I will go to Bhopal & not sure that things will be done.
    Already paid 1000/- for passport tips for verification 1000/ for correction exp kike+railway and lodging, Boarding at Bhopal ...what i have to face in passport office for getting passport...dont know .But this sure that my daughter is loosing precious one year of her carrear.

• Le
      3rd of Sep, 2008

respected sir,

on 29/12/07 i had been applied for a passport in cochin passport office.iam staying in perumbavoor.at that time i was studying for b-tech in bharathiyar college of engg and technology karaikkal, it is in pondicherry state..my police verification in my native is being completed soon, , after that they sent my application to karaikkal sp office, , there the verification is also been completed..the officer in karaikkal saying that they are already despatched my application on july itself..sir still iam not yet received my passport..sir for getting the passport what i have to do next??please help me sir...my time to my journey to abroad is reached...sir its already 9 months left..sir please do any thing as early as possible...This is my File number:B105114 applied on 2007...

• Le
      3rd of Sep, 2008

respected sir,

• Mu
      4th of Oct, 2008

Dear Sir

I had applied for the passport on 12 th september but whenever i check forthe staus on the website it shows that Your Police Verification report has been received by us, and your file is in line for further processing since 10 days.My passport file no. is B09698908 with D.O.B 10/02/76, and my wife passport file no. is B09699008 with D.O.B 02/11/84.Pl update the status.
    Yours truly
    Venkatesh

• Pr
      20th of Feb, 2009

Sir,
    This Im sending for seeking more information regarding forged passport complaints.

Recently I noticed that one of my friend a keralite who bearing an additional passport in which he got another name Mr.Prince Joseph and he got his fake passport from kerala.Its a huge racket and they helping more people to get this fake passport to fly abroad.In this regard I collect some information as follows: -Original Name( as per old passport) - Ambazhppilly Vasu Prakas
    Pp No.:- S 915248, issued from cochin on 15th March 1995.

New Name ( as per fake passport)- Prince Joseph.
    Isued from: - Kozhikode or from Chennai isuued in 1997
    The above said person presently working in Soudi and doing illegal activities there and he used this passport several time to visit india and other contries.
    So if any body having knowledge regading fake passport complints please frwd this to anybody and try to nab the culprit and save our country.really its a big racket.
    This information is true and im not providing my original name here.
    Any way please try to help us to nab these culprits soon as possible and share this message to your friends.
    please find a solution.

14th of Mar, 2009

Respectet sir..
    my name is aneesh, i applied passport 50 days before, my ref NO. Z481096, currently my status is see PRO, please advise what happened and how can i see PRO, my regional office is Cochin
    please advice me

with regards Aneesh.k

• Ha
      15th of Mar, 2009

Sir,
    This is to bring your notice that i have given you several COMPLAINTS in soft copies and in hard copies for my application file no.A018677 dated on 31.05.07 but with regret i still not recieved any reply .
    bareilly passport office is saying report has not come, Azamgarh local unit are saying they have sent reports now kindly let me know this is whose accountability to look for hidden or misplace file at the same time you are informed all police and liu inquiry has been done at that time only. (two after application and two after ppf form filled )
    Whenever i tried to contact Bareilly regional office but there is same story all the time that documents of inquiry yet not recived .This is realy disturbing my careeer apply in Mnc in other Nation because As you are aware that i ve sumitted written complaints several times but nothing was done. only told me that papers did not come from Azamgarh after ppf form filled.At the same time Azamgarh unit told they have sent papers to passport offiice. please let me know what to do to get my passport. and what action you are taking in this regard.
    looking forward for your reply. Thanking you in anticipation
    Best regards
    MOB. NO.09358197080

• Ar
      1st of Nov, 2009

Dear Sir...
    I had applied for My passport 12-1-2009 ..Still i haven't got my Passport...I had went to the passport office for 10 to 12 times...
    And they are saying that u will get the passport in 15 days.I checked the passport site(indianpassport.nic.in) here its written that all documents are okay..and it will be despatched winthin a week
    But still i haven't got my passport...if everythin are okay..then why I wont get my passport??
    My File Reference Number Of Passport is KOLKATA-CAL- A002148-09

Please help me regarding that...
    thanking you
    Arnab kr chakraborty
    mob:09733640622
    email:arnab.8625@gmail.com

• Ak
      10th of Apr, 2010

Dear Sir,

This is my escalation to you to get my wife's passport which is most urgent to bring my wife dubai. My health is not good here and I can't leave my jobs also.
    I have provided many required details (i.e. File reference number='A000748', Police enquiry report depatch number=289, despatched on 10-03-2010 from sp office, speed post number=929608548) for PATNA passport office convenience to expedite the process and avail my wife’s passport. I didn’t see any progress on website also. I am ringing the all contact numbers since last 2 week regularly, however no response from Patna passport office either on mail or over phone. we are newly married couple and not stay together since last three months due to passport unavailability. Could you please help me to get my wife's passport ASAP? Please consider the urgency.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
    AKHILESH MISHRA
    EmiratesNBD (Dubai - UAE)

• Ko
      16th of Apr, 2010

Dear Sir,

I had applied for My son passport

details are below

Application Date : 16-02-2010
    File Reference Number : HYD-W057365-10
    Applicant's Name : VAIBHAV REDDY KOMMULA

I checked the passport site(http://www.ap.nic.in/passport/) here its written that all documents are okay..and it will be despatched winthin a week
    But still we haven't got passport...if everything are okay..then why I wont get my son passport??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
    Kommula Vijayakumar
    reddyvijay09@gmail.com

• Ra
      24th of Sep, 2010

This is regarding the File Reference Number : VSP-Z801653-10
    the online status says : "Police Report is clear and the passport is expected to be despatched by 16-09-2010."
    But it is almost a week now and it is not yet got.
    As i need to travel US urgently by October 5th. request you to kindly help getting my passport dispatched immediately.

For any questions pls contact : ravi.lanka@gmail.com

• Jb
      29th of Mar, 2012

Sir, This is Joy Joseph from Kuwait regarding passport of my son DAVIS JOSEPH JOY
    located in Chennai for studies. He submitted application on 27th Nov 2010 (File # MASD00588810) for issue of passport in lieu of damaged one. After several months, police verification was done during August 2011. Thereafter the status is showing as under:
    Latest Passport Status
    Clear Police Report has been received. Your Passport will be despatched shortly
    Now it is more than 6 months and the passport is still not issued. He is completing his studies during April 2012 and I want to bring him back to Kuwait. Please help me to get his passport as early as possible.

Grieved parent.
    Joy Joseph
    Kuwait.
    Email: joy.jsph@gmail.com
    Tel: +965-66531239

14th of May, 2012

worst situation no body is responsible for work they do mistakes in names, dt of birth, address.husband name, father name, they write as they like applicant can not make mistakes in filling passport form, from where they get these wrong information and fill in the passport god knows .one has to spend lot of money to travel to passpot office like Bhopal, Lucknow, Mumbai, or any place.Why the person responsible should not be held responsible for mistakes Applicant has to suffer mentaly and financilly when the situation will improve only god knows, if he is trualy exist

• Ju
      1st of Apr, 2015

Sir I have come on E.C(out pass) from Jeddah because of my ex-sponsor.And now I have applied for a re-issue off my passport in Passport Seva Kendra.I wanted to know will I get a new passport with same date of issue and expiry date.if so by what time will i get my passport or if not then will it will not be issue.As I have not committed any crime nor any illegal activity in Jeddah.The E.C has been give by Indian Embassy as my original passport was with my ex-sponsor and was not willing to pay my salary for the last 8 month nor he was allowing me to go back on exit.I was facing lot of problems over there that's the reason I have to come back to India on E.c.Please suggest me and help me by your opinions.
    Thinking You in advance.