Minimum Wage / Pay vs Cost of Living

Okay. The minimum wage is now $7.25. I've been looking for an apartment now for the past two weeks. After I get into the door and hear all of the good things about the complex, then I hear that you must make at least 3 to 6 times the rent to be qualified for an apartment. Okay lets see. If I can even get 40 hours a week at $7.25, that is $1160.00. To be able to get an apartment at 3 times my pay, the apartment rent must be $375.00 a month. Can someone tell me where I can get an apartment in Greensboro for $375.00 per month and not have someone running up in my house every night. To even get a decent apartment in Greensboro, you are going to pay $500.00. Then there is the big deal with creidt. How can people worry about credit when they are not being paid enough to handle basic needs. Food, shelter, and clothing. Out of $1160.00 per month and then still pay for rent and utilities. No way. I can't even get an apartment on what I make. Think it over. Prices rise every year for everything that we use, but the pay rate barely even stumbles along. Home much do you make and is it enough to sustain you?